Christian Benteke

Kwan

If Lerner sells him, he'll sell him for big money and get a good deal like the rest of our sales. Stop being pathetic.

Are you in a relationship with Randy?

I guess he'll give the money to replace Benteke like he did with Barry..Erm... Ok Milner.. Yeah maybe not. Of course Downing and Young, we'll 50% I guess!

I guess he'll give the money to replace Benteke like he did with Barry..Erm... Ok Milner.. Yeah maybe not. Of course Downing and Young, we'll 50% I guess!

I'm pretty sure most of the Barry, Milner, Young and Downing money has been reinvested by now.

Off the top of my head:

Barry - Our new defence in 2009

Milner - Bent & Makoun in 2011

Young & Downing - All of McLeish's and Lambert's signings.

We stand still (and go backwards) because we sell quality players and the money is not invested straight back into the team.

Shame we cannot build on a team, instead it has to be broken up over a period of 18 months-2 years.

You take no account of the £50+ m a year we get off sky

What do our accounts show? Do they show money coming in (ie profit for randy) or losses (ie Randy putting money in)?

I'm almost certain that they show significant losses, but I could be wrong. If so, then that means all the money from sales, plus some, has been re-invested, almost all into wages

I assume some of that must go into paying wages.

Most of it.

I'm pretty sure the last time any figures were released, our wage to income ratio was over 80%, i.e. over 80% of what we make goes on wages, and that includes what we get from Sky.

Benteke picks up an injury, or needs resting after we sell Bent. What then? Do we rely on Gabby or Weimann?

Bent might very well have thrown his rattle out of his pram. However, no player should be happy with being benched, especially an international player and i while not condoning it, i can understand why Bent is not happy.

Secure our Premiership safety first and if we have to drop the expected price on him in the summer then so be it. The increase in revenue from TV will more than cover that.

Aston Villa was still running at a massive loss last accounts so every player we have sold the money has been put back into paying the wages of the players still here. Then Lerner puts more of his own money in on top so that managers can make some new signings.

It's not a sustainable way of running things, hence why we have been cutting back so serverely.

Benteke picks up an injury, or needs resting after we sell Bent. What then? Do we rely on Gabby or Weimann?

Bent might very well have thrown his rattle out of his pram. However, no player should be happy with being benched, especially an international player and i while not condoning it, i can understand why Bent is not happy.

Secure our Premiership safety first and if we have to drop the expected price on him in the summer then so be it. The increase in revenue from TV will more than cover that.

I agree that Bent *should* be upset about being dropped, I dont have any issues with that. I have issues with him *publicly* being so upset though.

I would imagine that rather than relying on Gabby and Andi the plan would be to buy another striker to replace him

I am not as convinced as you that bent represents a route to safety. I dont think we have the players to supply him any more with the kind of service he eeds

I agree that Bent *should* be upset about being dropped, I dont have any issues with that. I have issues with him *publicly* being so upset though.

I would imagine that rather than relying on Gabby and Andi the plan would be to buy another striker to replace him

I am not as convinced as you that bent represents a route to safety. I dont think we have the players to supply him any more with the kind of service he eeds

Fair points and to get the best out of him we would need to purchase a quality wide man which in turn might also help Benteke.

If we were however to replace Bent with someone of equal quality, younger, on less wages and able to fit into the system Lambert wants to play then that would indeed soften the blow but would we do that or promote Bowery? That would be the major worry for me.

Bowery fits three of the above and the fourth we don't know yet. Maybe thats the plan. Sell Bent in January and promote Bowery while using the revenue from Bent's sale to strengthen other areas of the team?

Interesting.

Well that's childish - reads like this: 'lol if u like Lerner so much y dont u just marry him'

We're in a much different financial situation to where we were 18 months ago - wages are obviously now sustainable and there's no reason why Lambert won't get the vast majority of the Bent transfer money. If we're so hard up why did we just spend 17mil odd in the summer?

Fair points and to get the best out of him we would need to purchase a quality wide man which in turn might also help Benteke.

If we were however to replace Bent with someone of equal quality, younger, on less wages and able to fit into the system Lambert wants to play then that would indeed soften the blow but would we do that or promote Bowery? That would be the major worry for me.

Bowery fits three of the above and the fourth we don't know yet. Maybe thats the plan. Sell Bent in January and promote Bowery while using the revenue from Bent's sale to strengthen other areas of the team?

It only becomes an issue if Benteke gets injured.

I would say that the money should be invested on an attacking player, a new Wing-Forward to start ahead of Holman and Weimann, in the Ashley Young mould.

It only becomes an issue if Benteke gets injured.

I would say that the money should be invested on an attacking player, a new Wing-Forward to start ahead of Holman and Weimann, in the Ashley Young mould.

We might also have to look at the LB position again? Maybe someone more experienced and solid to give Bennett more time to adapt?

We can't expect Benteke to play the whole season without a rest though.

Â