Christian Benteke

Kwan

I know this is off-topic but I think Dunne is massively overrated on here. He's not been good for quite some time and is clearly way past it. He may have lots of that fabled "experience" but he hasn't got much else. Would rather have Clark, Baker or even Herd next to Vlaar than Dunne.

I thought his return to the team last season saved us from relegation.

I have my doubts about Clark - he gets injured a fair bit for a young player - and collects lots of reds and yellows. If Dunne was fit I would have him back for a few games. Take your point long term - but we are on a mission to stay in the prem....this season.

I feel Benteke is due a hat-trick soon and against Man U would be a great time for him to get it.

I'm going to assume you had consumed at least the volume suggested in your name when you posted that.

• Like 1

Would love to see some actual evidence being used to defend the way we've sold our best players and reinvested.

Because from what I've seen I can't really see anything to defend, hence our pretty awful squad and dropping more than any other team over the past 2 years.

Quite clearly the way we've sold top players and reinvested has failed massively.

But it's Randy Lerner so it's defended by some.

Sunderland were 6th practically 2 years ago. We were 18th. Now Sunderland are 16th and we're 17th..

Trololol

Anyway... Benteke. I'm a big fan of the big man. Anyone who can't see the large amount of potential in there isn't quite seeing things clearly. Whether or not he will definitely be a success is up to us and him, but you can see what type of player he is. Raw, not clinical, and a striker that will not get any protection from referees, yet also powerful, good control and an aerial threat.

His performance on Saturday was a classic target man performance. Against a side renowned for their strong defence as much as their blunt attack, he pushed, pulled, charged and harrassed about half of their defence constantly. That alone is what we've been missing up front and Gabby's pace and strength can also exploit that. Of course he's raw, the lad's 21 for **** sake. But he looks so comfortable on the ball and has an amazing sense of control for a player whos primary function is to destruct. He's not too dissimilar to his compatriot Fellaini in that fashion, although his development is behind Fellaini's of course. And Fellaini has more confidence, goes for shots, carries it away from defence etc.

What we are really lacking in is wide men. If this side was playing with Young and Downing on the flanks Benteke would have even more than he does now in the scoring/assisting charts.

As someone said, I think the issue with him will not be if he'll just be a Heskey, but how we're going to hold on to him.

IF we took proper corners and organised our set pieces properly he will get a shed load of goals from them imo.

Not many players can get the better of him in the air and he is also good with his feet.

Think we could surprise plenty of teams if we had proper set pieces (none of this floaty nonsense we have got currently going on)

I'm going to assume you had consumed at least the volume suggested in your name when you posted that.

Haha, maybe, but I didn't actually say he will get it, just that it'd be a good time to do so. :)

I can't help but think that if Benteke has the audacity to even win a header against Utd at the weekend, a free kick will be awarded to Man Utd.

Hope he terrorises Jonny Evans this weekend

I can't help but think that if he even breathes on a Utd defender this weekend the referee will be quick to award a free kick. So although I'm hopeful of good things from Benteke in the future, I'm not expecting much this weekend.

I thought he was the one who posted an essay explaining how he'd made up everything he'd ever posted.

Nah that was Agent_ITK. ITK_Transfer is bollocks as well.

Agent_ITK proved to us all, all ITK's are full of shite and they can make so much shit up. Agent had 40k+ followers most of whom believed him - including me.

The thing that amuses me is how people believe that one person could be that "ITK" on basically every club.

I could understand it if people believed an ITK for one club (after all we have some ourselves)

But some mystery guy who is ITK for every club? It's so unlikely

Â