Christian Benteke

Kwan

do genk get any percentage of the fee if he leaves, does anyone know?

15% of anything above £8m

so at £32.5m Genk get £3.675 m

If you believe the interweb that is .

I still think most of the speculation has grown from that clown making the fake phonecall to his agent pretending to be Brendan Rodgers. It's just grown into a bit of a monster from that and what his agent is supposed to have said, meaning direct quotes and a story for the low grade journos and keyboard warriors (aka - ITK's) to sink their teeth into and drag it out for the whole window. Remember, the Liverpool Insider on talksport said that it was done deal two weeks ago and he was going to sign in the next 24 hours (2 weeks ago!). Take it all with a pinch of salt until it's confirmed by the clubs.

• Like 1

Laursen is the best ive seen, not old enough to have seen mcgrath etc

Laursen was a fine commanding centre half.

McGrath was one of the best readers of the game I have ever seen....He is probably one of the only VIlla players I could really say with any conviction could have got in to a world eleven.

Baresi who was a great defender himself once said he is probably the best centre half in the world, when he was having a super season for us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I still think most of the speculation has grown from that clown making the fake phonecall to his agent pretending to be Brendan Rodgers. It's just grown into a bit of a monster from that and what his agent is supposed to have said, meaning direct quotes and a story for the low grade journos and keyboard warriors (aka - ITK's) to sink their teeth into and drag it out for the whole window. Remember, the Liverpool Insider on talksport said that it was done deal two weeks ago and he was going to sign in the next 24 hours (2 weeks ago!). Take it all with a pinch of salt until it's confirmed by the clubs.

very likely, but i'd rather he just left as soon as possible as in my opinion he wants to go.

• Like 1

I want a team....not a one man band.

I don't think we are high profile enough to keep one man bands happy.

Let's get back to having a good TEAM

I' m sure that's what Tim is trying to do

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

I want a team....not a one man band.

I don't think we are high profile enough to keep one man bands happy.

Let's get back to having a good TEAM

I' m sure that's what Tim is trying to do

These are the reasons I want the money, and slightly my preferred option of selling him than keeping him.

If there were some guarantees that we could have the 40-50mil we need and keep hold of benteke at the same time, I would think rather differently.  But that is not a reality any of us could believe.

But I absolutely don't believe any of the tripe coming out of any of these twitter / supposedly "respected" journos from belgium, total codshit if you ask me.  So my opinion for wanting rid, at this stage, is not even any fault of Bentekes or any of his impending decisions...just I purely see us needing that money for reinvestment into the team...because like you said lets get back to having a good TEAM.

Rather keep Benteke no matter what the cost. I want to see top players playing for Villa, it's rare we get one.

I'll take the one man band and playing around him. Im sure Bale/Spurs and Suarez/Liverpool didn't mind considering how they have done after.

• Like 3

i totally agree that i'd rather have a average team that can compete at a mid table level

rather than a relegation haunted team with a world class striker

the only way we can get near the first is if we sell Benteke and reinvest

We can always invest without selling him. I'm a bit torn between wanting him to stay and wanting him to go. On the one hand, he obviously doesn't want to stay on the other he is a top class striker. One of the best we've had in the last 40 years. 

Edited by PaulC

Rather keep Benteke no matter what the cost. I want to see top players playing for Villa, it's rare we get one.

I'll take the one man band and playing around him. Im sure Bale/Spurs and Suarez/Liverpool didn't mind considering how they have done after.

Let's be honest, the rest of our team that are playing around him needs much improvement over those examples you've cited.  We're a team who would have gotten relegated without Benteke last season, neither of those teams were near relegation without their star men...not a good position for us.

the longer this saga goes on ,the more likely hood is.....

Both sets of fans won't want him.

What saga? He didnt say anything, his agent didnt say anything, Tim bet that he would stay.

What saga?

Laursen is the best ive seen, not old enough to have seen mcgrath etc

Laursen was a fine commanding centre half.

McGrath was one of the best readers of the game I have ever seen....He is probably one of the only VIlla players I could really say with any conviction could have got in to a world eleven.

Baresi who was a great defender himself once said he is probably the best centre half in the world, when he was having a super season for us.

Yup Eusebio wanted McGraths Jersey after a performance one. Best player ive ever saw in a Villa jersey.

The fact that sherwood is desperate to strengthen the squad and rebuild it,  and I'm not knocking him for that he is the manager and it's his job,  i hope we do not sell for less than 32.5M just because we need the cash

• Like 1

The fact that sherwood is desperate to strengthen the squad and rebuild it,  and I'm not knocking him for that he is the manager and it's his job,  i hope we do not sell for less than 32.5M just because we need the cash

From that little interview piece, I don't think he has any intention of taking anything less than the clause whatever that may actually be.

In same interview regarding Takeover TS has said Benteke is staying

But is Tim sherwood a respected journo from belgium?

Won't believe it until it's RJFB

Hes certain to go to Liverpool until a hear otherwise from a respected journo on twitter

Â