Christian Benteke

Kwan

He really should take the opportunity to look at what their fans say about him, wonder why Sterling was so desperate to get out of there and look at how well they played in their FA Cup SF defeat (even with Stevie G)  before thinking about joining them. If he is still in doubt he should also look at the date because it is no longer the 1970s.

It is I hope just rubbish posted on twitter but until he does a Delph and confirms he wants to start the season at Villa we still have cause to worry (particularly if a player who turned us down in the last window and has become older since then might be a make-weight in any such deal).    

If Liverpool want a player plus cash deal then I'd say its £32.5m and N'Zogbia or no deal. :)

Do u have anything to give us here Trent? I'd like him to stay but if he's going, I would like it done now. The guy doesn't love the villa like players of the past so it softens the blow,

My mate who reads a lot of Liverpool sites.. Apparently they reckon Allen and Lambert as part of the deal....

I **** hope not... I dismissed it immediately.

Well Allen would compensate us for taking on Lambert so I would consider those two along with the £32.5m.  

How old is Rickie Lambert now, 33?

I don't understand why we'd sell Benteke in his mid 20s and replace him with players in their 30s makes no sense to me as someone like Lambert simply won't have resale value either.

Just take the 30 odd million and look at other young targets home and abroad.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

If Liverpool want a player plus cash deal then I'd say its £32.5m and N'Zogbia or no deal. :)

Do u have anything to give us here Trent? I'd like him to stay but if he's going, I would like it done now. The guy doesn't love the villa like players of the past so it softens the blow,

No I don't, either way.

But I don't doubt their interest or that it will intensify in light of the agreement to sell Sterling.

I don't know if they've made a bid or not, but if these people who like to make up stuff on Twitter and elsewhere its the sort of 2+2 think they are safe predicting.

Reality is the vast vast majority of these people are in reality no different to half of the journalists out there, they join up the dots on speculation. Then they throw just enough shit at a wall that they can point to something they 'tipped' and not get shown to be the charlatans they really are.

Sadly I've nothing to offer on this and as we saw with Delph these things move so quickly that the circle of people really in the know on these things is very very small.

Even by the time they get out via reliable or semi reliable methods they can be out of date.

One thing I would say, I think any talk of Lambert coming is utter twaddle and 2+2 stuff based on nothing more than Paul Lambert's interest in him in Jan. But that is purely my personal view.

• Like 3

So Liverpool sell Sterling and now these ITK claim Benteke will join them ,,,wow real inside info there ..

As for Lambert ..he had his chance to join and he decided not too at 33 and on big wages I don't see why we should do them a favour and take him of their wage bill.

I think everyone here thinks the same about lambert, easy lazy link following our previous managers interest, he's 33, hasn't played much football in the last year and will be on around £60k a week, would be poor business from us

Â