Christian Benteke

Kwan

Honestly I don't think we have much choice. I'd rather we spent now and balanced the books later. We know he'll either go this summer or before next. And if by some miracle he stays then great, we can just take it from our next budget.

We can't wait on some of these signings, we're ready pretty bare looking in parts

Mick Quinn said on Talk Sport this morning that he felt the Liverpool deal was dead because we had turned down their offer of £25m & 2 players they wanted rid of and valued @ £7.5m so quickly.

But the club taking Benteke off the photograph along with Delph may now breathe new life into it. :(  

It's going to happen so we need to get it done. We cannot head into the season with Benteke half out the door and us caught in limbo. Get the deal done, and move on with preparation for making next season less shit.

I agree with the general point but how much if any do Villa compromise on price in order to get it done early? If someone won't pay the asking price then I really would keep him. The danger is someone offers the asking price two days before the window shuts. It's a dangerous situation.

Maybe you tell him "if you're not gone with two weeks left in the window then you're not going at all".

Benteke out and Austin in? It is funny how he hasn't been sold already and Sherwood and Ramsey being mates and all.

I don't think Austin is close to being a replacement for Benteke. I dont see the hype about. Hes good yes but not spectacular. A jack of many things as a forward but a master of none.

We got extreeeeeemly lucky with benteke. Just hope villa fans arnt expecting someone as good to replace him. Austin will be a very good replacement. We will probably be tipped for relegation again by quite a few pundits, we cant really buy "spectacular" players. Good players is exactly what we need to buy

Edited by gharperr

My God, what is wrong with you people, you are giving up on our players before anything is happening.

BBC - Delph did not travel with the squad - a sign he is going.

Benteke travelled with the squad - but not a sign he is staying.

No one wants to pay the money for Benteke although there is ample time to have done so. 

Let's not write off our players so quickly; when they do actually go that will be time enough for the hand wringing.

We need two quality strikers. If Benteke leaves we need Austin and take a chance on Embrolo

Yes. But I'd rather we brought them both in regardless of Benteke leaving. At least then if Liverpool come in on deadline day we aren't up the creek and panic buying. Forward planning is the name of the game for us

This is what I fully expect to happen.

Handy for Lerner though - along with the increase in TV money he gets to keep £30m from this too.

But the benteke replacement should be a fairly big money signing.  I don't think we can make that without him leaving first.

Why wouldn't i be surprised with Lerner pocketing half the money and us just signing Rickie Lambert as a stop gap

I reckon it's merely a matter of time now until Benteke leaves and is nothing more than down to waiting for City & Liverpool to sort themselves out with Sterling. As soon as he goes Benteke will be off...But then he clearly doesn't and hasn't wanted to play for this club for a good while anyhow so screw him... For me that's why he was so awful for 1/2 of last season, i really don't buy all that hogwash about "recovering from an injury" if he was that unfit he wouldn't have been playing. He was only making an effort when he knew the season was approaching the end as he knew it was shop window time, so for me we're better rid of him.

I know we get fed a load of BS by the club (no doubt to try to keep a lid on frustration with season ticket sales in mind) and they havn't actually gone yet but frankly i don't believe the spin as the last 4 seasons have proven that the little boy who cries "WOLF" is apparently head of PR at VP.

This will be sorted by end of next week I'm hearing. Replacements lined up

To the scouse shower of shite, or elsewhere?

Elsewhere are my thoughts.

You don't seem too sure, considering the conviction of your previous post.

I reckon it's merely a matter of time now until Benteke leaves and is nothing more than down to waiting for City & Liverpool to sort themselves out with Sterling. As soon as he goes Benteke will be off...But then he clearly doesn't and hasn't wanted to play for this club for a good while anyhow so screw him... For me that's why he was so awful for 1/2 of last season

1. do explain how he clearly doesn't / hasn't wanted to be here ?

2. you mean that half a season where we didn't give him the ball, and instead passed it back and forth around the middle third of the pitch trying to keep possession for some unknown reason ?

thanks

Â