Christian Benteke

Kwan

I see Sherwood has another 100 quid bet that he will stay. I trust Tim gambling skills after the last time ;)

He sure likes a bet. But the key thing is he's bet was that he would still be here when the season starts. Not before the window closes.

The way things are going this window, it looks like we will be spending more money. And with the bids being touted at the moment, we may well be close to the £30m figure without selling Benteke.

Based on the bids we spend a lot everything season. Let's wait until the deals are done before getting too excited.

Sorry but I have to dispute the "there's better out there for our money" argument. If there was then teams wanting cb would be looking at the better alternatives, it's the same argument when we were told nzogbia was better than we lost for half the money

The top teams are looking for better, that is why none of them are interested in Benteke.

The top teams are keeping quiet and waiting till the end of the season. Possibly Liverplop will scrape the 32.5 mil together and Arsenal will offer 34 mil and take him at the end of the season.

Good that were sticking to our guns and not willing to sell below the release clause

The danger is Liverpool or anyone else faxing us on deadline day agreeing to pay that price.

Although I do remember us leading Liverpool up the garden path when they thought after 2 months of negotiating they had agreed a deal for Barry only for us to change the terms over the payment.

Dealine day "Liverpool agree to match £32.5million clause for benteke"

Sherwood "okay, but its £10million in old 50p coins, 10 million in shiney 20p coins and we will only accept shergars head as the final £12.5 million. You fahkan slaaagggs"

Edited by Jimzk5

Percy's tweeted that the club think Sherwood can turn him around (change his mind).

I think Sherwood's pitch will simply be give us until January. If he can stomach playing two and a half years in a Paul Lambert team, he can give Sherwood 6 months considering the team he's starting to build here.

If we're still somehow fighting relegation around January then he can go although changing teams just few months before euros would be a risk so he might just stay until the summer.

If Lambert can get Benteke to change his mind and stay/sign new deal then you've got to think Sherwood is easily capable of that although Benteke's mind could just be made up.

He regrets handing in that transfer request. This was 2 years ago now and he seems to have matured a fair bit in that time. He then went on to sign a new contract and has indeed stayed for another 2 years. He's still here now and as yet hasn't made any noises publicly about going. Yes the injury played a big part in him staying I'm sure, but you can knock him for an imagined forced move a year back that never actually happened.

He's not tried to **** us over at all. Even handing in a transfer request would be a perfectly reasonable and professional thing to do, he waves a lot of money doing that.

Yes it is true, but I would still not lower the price. So a transfer request from him might not mean anything anyway.

• Like 1

Surely if he wasnt bothered about playing for Villa next year he could have just said No when asked to do the photoshoot for the new kit

Not so sure myself, he is currently employed by the club so is probably doing what he is told. No doubt it will say in his contract somewhere that he has to partake in Villa related PR.

Looks like the plop could be in for Lacazette in France for €30million maybe there is no real intrest for the beast at £32.5million

Lacazette will never put their jersey on. He's miles above them.

Looks like the plop could be in for Lacazette in France for €30million maybe there is no real intrest for the beast at £32.5million

if true it sums their club up completely. would pay 30 million on a talented lad but unproven outside of France but wont pay 32.5 on a proven Premier League striker

• Like 2

his agent stated end of this season he wants to play champions league

he wont be going plop

PSG are thought to have made signing the 24-year-old striker a priority for the summer transfer window, but Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas is determined that Lacazette is going nowhere.

The president brushed off talk of a bid from Liverpool recently by pointing out that the Reds are not in the Champions League next season, while Lyon are.

Aulas also questioned whether Liverpool can afford his star turn.

"Liverpool have not called and which European Cup do they play in? They have neither the means [to afford Lacazette] nor the interest", the president explained

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/06/06/its-wrong-liverpool-give-hope-as-agent-denies-alexandre-lacazette-to-psg-claims/212986/

Edited by Villan81

Â