Christian Benteke

Kwan

.....There seem to be quite a section of Liverpool fans who are baulking at the deal.

provided the funds are given in full to the manager, I wouldn't be broken hearted either.

Was reading twitter and some stupid scouse tit thinks he's awful - was about to type out an argument but thought he's literally too retarded to argue with, so didn't bother!

Edited by tomh621
  • Like 1

Providing they pay up it shouldn't be a problem.

Everything so far seems to indicate the club will hold out for £32.5m as they should.

I think if he hands in another transfer request we would accept the £25m or so that Liverpool are offering and move him on.

I'm relaxed about it, I think with our current setup we have enough to re-invest properly no matter what the fee we accept and move forward with a better all round team.

If the club should hold out for £32.5m and I agree 100% that they should why should Benteke handing in a transfer request see us accepting £25m? The fee was, is and will be for the rest of this window £32.5m. If Liverpool, Benteke or his agent do not like that then so be it!  

• Like 1

Id love him to stay and give us one full season under sherwood and new look team, but if any club stumps up the release clause then i am happy to let him go as the money will (hopefully) go along way to improving our team!... As much as it looks the likely destination,i hope to god he does not move to that vermin club from the north west. I hate them as much as i hate our inbred neighbours from down the road.

I believe we are in the best position in all this though.. At worst he leaves for £32.5 million, At best he stays and signs new contract (Unlikely imo). I just hope whatever happens gets done quickly so we can all move on and get our business done elsewhere.

He will probably be one of the top strikers in the next couple of years, i couldnt bare it if that was with Liverflop....

• Like 1

I would much rather that we spend the £32.5m on a striker or two now while this saga is still going on. At least then when/if tekkers goes we won't be expected to pay over the odds by other clubs because we have money to burn. Also if someone does come in on deadline day we'll already have cover.

From Tims point of view I can see why he might be reluctant to get the ball rolling on a new set of strikers, we want to make Christian feel like an irreplaceable team member to convince him to say.

We still need at least one or two newbies up front whether he stays or goes tho

Edited by Duck

at a point now where i cant see us signing a decent striker till hes gone..so for me its simple...he dont wanna be here..call every champions league club and offer him to them for 28 million...still a huge sum of money..and means he wont go plop and gives us time to get a replacement in

bored of seeing ' Liverpool & Benteke ' in the media all the time

Apart from Austin can someone list 5-10 names that are realistic. Thx

I know its kind of off topic but Mitrovic, Bamford, Remy, Hernandez, Wilson(either one). Still prefer Austin tbh

Edited by Villaphan04

Does anybody know if Benteke wants to go to Liverpool?  Have we heard anything from him or his agent at all?  I see Liverpool are after him and they may have had some encouragement from somewhere I'm assuming but I havent seen anything saying he is interested but I may have missed it.  Still not sure why he'd want to go there as I've said before, his talents scream a better team and if he has a good season with us where he is settle and scores for fun and then showcased in the Euro's then he can go to a big team, a team that's CL qualified at least.

Does anybody know if Benteke wants to go to Liverpool?  Have we heard anything from him or his agent at all?  I see Liverpool are after him and they may have had some encouragement from somewhere I'm assuming but I havent seen anything saying he is interested but I may have missed it.  Still not sure why he'd want to go there as I've said before, his talents scream a better team and if he has a good season with us where he is settle and scores for fun and then showcased in the Euro's then he can go to a big team, a team that's CL qualified at least.

No solid evidence whatsoever. Every paper just jumps on the bandwagon. Happens every year with different players. 

• Like 1

It's actually borderline casual racism - that is clearly Daniel Sturridge's body. The guy who has photshopped this has shown appalling social skills by effectively saying that all black people look the same below the neck.

This has got to be a joke surely? Mockups like this appear all the time for players of all skin colours.

Yes... sorry, I was in a rush and forgot the smiley...

<and forgot again, here is is...> :P

Edited by Raver50032

It's actually borderline casual racism - that is clearly Daniel Sturridge's body. The guy who has photshopped this has shown appalling social skills by effectively saying that all black people look the same below the neck.

This has got to be a joke surely? Mockups like this appear all the time for players of all skin colours.

Yes... sorry, I was in a rush and forgot the smiley...

<and forgot again, here is is...> :P

I just think you're trying to back out of it now. You clearly suffer from modern Brit disease.

• Like 1

From a personal point of view I'm actually hopin he just goes for the 32.5m asap so we can just get on with things.

Another summer of constant transfer talk, he clearly has wanted to leave for a while. Get him gone & players in who want to be here.

• Like 2

Is it weird that the thing that gets me more then Benteke leaving is the fact he could do so much better than Liverpool. That and it makes me laugh that Pool are willing to pay £35 Million for Andy Carroll yet won't pay £32 Million for an actual proven consistent goalscorer.

I'm so sick of these sorts of transfer sagas every year, it's like the papers purposely target us as some sort of team to develop players for the top four teams. That NEEDS to change. 

Just papers talking it to create headlines / fill white space, my guess is Liverpool have a passing interest in him at best, I'm sure he's one name on a long list of forwards they are looking at.  

I reckon they are more focussed on getting rid of Balotelli first, can't see them paying big $$$ for Sturridge, Balotelli and Benteke, plus they have Origi and Borrini unless they both get moved on, that'd surely be burning a big hole in their wage budget...

Same as the nonsense about him 'telling' Sherwood he wants to leave...  Cool, well tell your agent to find someone to willing to pay us 32m, very simple... Until that happens you're a Villa player, and if you're deadset on leaving it'd be a good idea to put your head and play to your abilities, put yourself in the shop window so to speak.  If he goes the other way and has a big sulk and form drops off, come Jan / next summer he'll be lucky to find mid table teams interested in him...

• Like 1

Is it weird that the thing that gets me more then Benteke leaving is the fact he could do so much better than Liverpool. That and it makes me laugh that Pool are willing to pay £35 Million for Andy Carroll yet won't pay £32 Million for an actual proven consistent goalscorer.

I'm so sick of these sorts of transfer sagas every year, it's like the papers purposely target us as some sort of team to develop players for the top four teams. That NEEDS to change. 

The transfer fees aren't linked r.e: Carroll and Benteke (Torres factor, remember?) - and, hell, why wouldn't Liverpool try and bargain the price down?

Â