Christian Benteke

Kwan

Probably in a minority here but I don't really care if he stays or goes. He's very very good - but I don't love him. He doesn't inspire me like Yorke did - or Deano - or Savo and certainly not that hunky piece of manliness JPA did.

Take the money - spend it on the squad and lets move on.

Agree with Eames. I'd like him to stay however I'd rather it was sorted so that we can move on accordingly.

If he joins Plop i do think CB has chosen the wrong option though as he can do better than them.

Somewhere there are Valencia fans watching buffering clips on YouTube thinking "**** me, this guy is summat".

Has someone from YouTube done something bad to you today?

• Like 1

Sell him for £32.5m, and we reinvest - no problems.

He signed the contract, so would have no reason to sulk if the price wasn't met - hopefully no problems.

BUT - and I have said this for years - any release clause should be time bound - i.e.by 31 July each year, otherwise all bets are off. There is **** all point getting a good price for a player only to get bent over, or miss the boat totally, on getting his replacement because it all gets done at the last minute.

Sky sports app got " benteke odd on to join reds"

saying because of how bets are going it looks like hes joining plop

realy?they have no story so put up that rubbish..uninstalled the app anyway now decided to stick with VT & official site for transfers

• Like 1

Sky sports app got " benteke odd on to join reds"

saying because of how bets are going it looks like hes joining plop

realy?they have no story so put up that rubbish..uninstalled the app anyway now decided to stick with VT & official site for transfers

There is something hugely dodgy about the relationship between SkySports and SkyBet. 

SkySports can basically make anything up based on their "sources" and then direct people to SkyBet where useless idiots who have no understanding of odds or gambling patterns will then go and lump on. 

Edited by Eames

Benteke's goals, in two of the last three seasons, kept us up. Guzan was probably the reason we stayed up in that third season. My concern is, if both leave this summer, and they are not replaced adequately enough, and if other signings are not of the quality to strengthen us, we may finally slip through the trap door. I don't mind Villa selling Benteke if he no longer wants to play for us and they get the right price for us. But, they need to ensure they spend that money wisely and we need to remind ourselves that the manager with the task of replacing these players is a man with no experience of signing players other than Micah Richards which, to be fair, was a good start.

My hopes towards the end of last season was that it was the last time we will be fighting relegation, at least for the near future, and that we would be looking forward to a nice, comfortable, mid-table finish next season. But, if Benteke, Vlaar, Delph and Guzan were to go I would be changing those hopes to just staying up next season.

Aye, pretty sure that Sir Tim of Sherwood effectively promised that this 'great club' would not be fighting relegation again.

So for me, I hang my hat on that - we're either going to be comfortable next season, or we are going to drop through the trap door without even putting up a fight.

If he wants out, I'd let the Belgian marvel go... I have no time for cling ons (I'm a Star Wars guy anyhow). I would be annoyed if it was left until the 11th hour in the window and left us with an impossible job to replace him - well... more impossible than it would be if he left today.

Talksport - self explanatory inflammatory mammory glands. I think the Shamen could have had a record that went with lyrics like that once... Heat stroke setting in...

Regardless of whether you have any understanding of betting odds,, gambling your money on whether player is going to leave or stay is pretty stupid in my opinion. I'm surprised it's allowed.

• Like 1

Regardless of whether you have any understanding of betting odds,, gambling your money on whether player is going to leave or stay is pretty stupid in my opinion. I'm surprised it's allowed.

It's makes money off people, of course it's allowed and probably even encouraged.

• Like 2

I really couldn't care if Benteke goes now, it's pretty inevitable and it's a shame but, that money could do wonders for us really, if spent right, which is a big if.

From day one he's seen us as a stepping stone which is fair enough, he's done well for us and I wish him the best. 

I really couldn't care if Benteke goes now, it's pretty inevitable and it's a shame but, that money could do wonders for us really, if spent right, which is a big if.

From day one he's seen us as a stepping stone which is fair enough, he's done well for us and I wish him the best.

if he goes then all the best to him.

yes we was a stepping stone but to go to a europa league team would be taking an extra step on the pond befor reaching the other side

I think only a takeover and some half decent investment could convince Benteke to stay

I think Delph might give it another season to see how things progress as he seems to care about loyalty, even if him getting us a fee for him is already loyal in a kind of good way.

Despite Sherwood getting us to play some exceptional football last season, it is really hard to see if he can get us doing that week in week out as we have to step up our performances to avoid relegation every season, decent form out of desperation was achieved by all recent managers and doesn't really indicate sustainability.

I think most players want to play for Tim, but money can soon overcome that.

Edited by VillanousOne

Why is it any more stupid than any other gambling?

• Like 2

I know it's allowed and encouraged by those who can profit from it. But still seems wrong to me. 

i dont see anything wrong with betting on player or manager markets but pairing betting companies with news companies that then dont have to declare their sources is where it gets a bit morally grey

SSN and sky bet is one, talksport in association with all their different betting partners is another, the guy is on talksport this morning "my sources say tomorrow or very near future" 10 minutes later paddy power is on there giving you the odds and encouraging you to bet on information that the station is under no obligation to prove isnt false, thats dodgy as ****

Yes Talksport have always got betting companies on giving you tips. Theres too much in your face now with all these adverts. Encouraging people to gamble is fundamentally wrong imo. 

Why is it any more stupid than any other gambling?

I didn't say it was any more stupid than other gambling. I wouldn't gamble on something that I didn't know the outcome of, either way your basically throwing your money down the drain..

Â