Christian Benteke

Kwan

I'd take Lambert, but not if it involved sending Benteke the other way. Benteke, I very much doubt Lambert enjoys sitting on the bench and will probably want to potentially get his England career back on track before the Euros. 

He'll be 34 by the time the Euros happen, he's more likely to retire next summer than make the England squad. As a potential makeweight in a deal for Benteke, I don't think he carries much value at all.

I still think if we got him for say 1-2 million, he'd be a decent pick up. Look what Luca Toni is doing in Italy at his age. 33 is not that old. 

His contract is up in 12 months, I'd consider picking him up for nothing in January for a season, but in terms of adding to a Benteke deal, Liverpool don't want to pay £32.5m and seem to think an offer of just over £20m plus Lambert ought to do it. I'd say an offer of just over £30m and Lambert would more accurately reflect his value.

32m or borini and Lambert plus 40m, if Liverpool did cough up and benteke fancied the risk of joining a fading giant then I think they would finish tip 4.

Coming back down to earth Christian will be with us for another season IMO, he will score 30 plus and end up leaving next summer for 40m plus after Belgium win the Europeans

• Like 1

I wish Liverplop would just F***** off. Benteke is to good for them scouse whingers. Either 33 mil or Feck right off. Lambert or Borini, ha, we can take them, but it'll mean £40 million for Benteke. Tossers!!!!

They are acting as though we are desperate, maybe we are, who knows, but we should never bow down to such a poor football family.............

• Like 1

Read somewhere that Borini's on between 80-100k a week at Liverpool!!! 

I imagine Lambert was very well paid at Southampton so got a good contract for himself at Liverpool.

We've spent the last 4 years rooting out our squad of players of low production on massive wages so I don't see the logic.

Much rather look French, German and Dutch league for new attacking players where wages are a lot lower. 

Again dunno how accurate but read Vidal is "only" on 60k a week at Juve which shows how laughable some of the premier league wage demands really are.

• Like 2

Dembele and Townsend would improve us and should be money there for say Austin

If buy selling Benteke we got Dembele Townsend and Austin id be happy with that

Dembele replacing cleverly and Townsend replacin Weimann isnt bad business

.prefer Austin to Benteke but he will get us goals

I hope a don't make a fool of myself with this but adebayor for benteke is an absolute lol. Not a term I use lightly but that's what that offer did to me. However if we accepted that deal I would be handing my villa membership back. I under no circumstances will support a villa team with adebayor on it especially as that deal is a way of Spurs getting rid of there shit.

Also perhaps if benteke is interested in Spurs then he isn't as good as he thinks he is. Spurs in my opinion are crap and if not based in London would be relegation strugglers every year. Come on Christian you're far to good for spurs

Lets hope the club learned from the Milner to Man City deal that taking the buying clubs unwanted players in p/x for your best player does not work out.

If Sherwood agrees to take Adebayor and lets Benteke go to Spurs he will be helping them twice over. It's like we are a **** charity.

This is the sort of crap that Tom Fox should be getting involved with. We must not be bullied by that prick Levy.

Adebayor is 32 soon. Wages would comfortably make him the highest paid here and that's without taking into account the length of contract he would demand. Awful deal, a truly awful deal. It's probably paper talk but it's something I can see Levy doing.

Adebayor is 32 soon. Wages would comfortably make him the highest paid here and that's without taking into account the length of contract he would demand. Awful deal, a truly awful deal. It's probably paper talk but it's something I can see Levy doing.

i hope it is just paper talk.having someone like adebayor as our highest paid player and that age and all them personal problems and lack of scoring instinct woukd be a joke

and id still expect 30 mill..if they value Adebayor any more than 2.5 mill then the world of football seriously has gone to pot

i hope it is just paper talk.having someone like adebayor as our highest paid player and that age and all them personal problems and lack of scoring instinct woukd be a joke

and id still expect 30 mill..if they value Adebayor any more than 2.5 mill then the world of football seriously has gone to pot

I expect it's just paper talk, because it's nonsensical.  It would be the worst bit of business since chelsea paid all that money for torres, or liverpool paying for carrol.

Only way this was good, was if spurs chucked in an extra 5million to take him off their hands...such as the total price for benteke was 37.5million + adebeyor.

Cannot see tim bringing in a player like adebayour a player he knows head can be funny at any moment. He had no choice but to work with him at spurs. 32.5m or benteke bang in goals for villa next season

Â