Christian Benteke

Kwan

All these years and I've only thought we had the window open in August and January. 

Please be a devil and tell me I've also missed the December window for the last 20 years  :D

• Like 1

There's a 71 page Benteke thread on RAWK...seems many of them don't remember the pain he has inflicted on them directly over the years. Clowns.

One of them actually said he is no better than Lambert and that he has the same style as Balotelli. You can see why everyone hates them.

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke hints at Liverpool snub
christian-benteke-aston-villa.jpg
© Getty Images

By Mark Langshaw, Reporter

Filed: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 01:38 UK
Last Updated: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 01:38 UK

Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke has hinted that he would reject a move to Liverpool.

The Belgium intentional has been strongly linked with the Reds of late, but has now said that he is only interested in moving to a club in the Champions League.

"My agent knows my ambition. I want to play in the Champions League. That's a dream and my ambition," theDaily Star quotes Benteke as saying.

"It's about [my agent]. He knows what I want and I'll let him do the job. I don't think about Aston Villa now.

"I did my season with Villa and now I am focused with the national team."

Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester United have also been linked with the striker.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/liverpool/transfer-talk/news/benteke-hints-at-liverpool-snub_227302.html

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

If I have a hard time believing these quotes they invent quotes all the time. Half of them are written by the agents themselves to try and get bigger contracts. Although I don't think Benteke has the worst agent when it comes to club interaction. If he did, he wouldn't be here anymore.

I do think he deserves to move on from us to a bigger side. Life is too short and Benteke has served us through enough seasons of relegation flirtation nightmares. He deserves better. I'm not sure we've come anyways forward on this. He has.

Edited by electronicmaji

Honestly I think Benteke is open to both Villa and a potential champions league team if they come knocking. This is basically him covering his bases. If a big name champions league club like United or Chelsea don't come knocking yet, it seems like Benteke would be fine with sticking with us for another season to show he deserves that type of football which I am okay with. We all know how good he is and he won't be with us forever. 

I thought the summer transfer window for Aston Villa opened in September...when all along it was July!! Why didn't anyone let the club know? ;)

Nothing is going to happen until after he has finished these games with Belgium, then the press will start again with Liverpool 1m, Spurs probably less etc etc.

Either meet the buy out clause or shut up because Villa don't need to sell him this summer.

Â