Christian Benteke

Kwan

His missed chances in recent games has denied us victories though. So hardly saving us, 3 goals is poor return. He needs to take his chances as he's getting 2 clear cut ones per game.

3 goals from what, his first dozen or so games back from a serious injury? Seems fine to me.

He's received a lot of stick these last few weeks, some of it warranted, more of it hyperbole. Did it again today though didn't he, an individual moment of brilliance saving the day.

Yes he did.

It would idle to suggest he is thriving in the current formation though.

• Like 1

Saved us? He was put in the team to do exactly that; score goals. 

This - it's an asinine thing to say, isn't it? Along the lines of - We only won the game because we scored more goals than they did'

Shame there is no plan b from the manager for when Benteke is sulking/off form/unfit. Big weight to carry a team... Perhaps if we had somebody else in charge who could motivate 11 players, Benteke would relax and score even more.

Poor again.  We're seeing the result of relying on one player for 2 and a half years.  When that player is horribly out of form we have nothing.

I bet he can't wait to leave.

I bet he can't but based on the fact he has had a brilliant half a season and been relatively poor ever since he is pissing in the wind if he thinks he is off to a Champions League team.

• Like 1

Â