Christian Benteke

Kwan

Is it Bentekes fault Chadli got left unmarked? is it Benteke's fault sanchez made the most unnesessary fault on such a dangerous spot? is it benteke's fault the free kick deflects on a player in the goal? i think unregarded his sending off spurs were gonna win anyway regardless benteke's sending off. such defensive errors has nothing to do with wether benteke is or isnt on the pitch. fact is that spurs were getting more dangerous by the minute and that goal was comming.

It's his fault we lost. Defensive errors do have to do with Benteke being off the pitch, without him as an "out" ball, the defence were under more pressure. We naturally dropped back more, had to chase the ball more due to having less players which results in players being more fatigued.

There's no defending what he did, he cost us the game, well.... he cost us the only chance we had of winning it. 

So that clumsy foul from sanchez is the fault of benteke? so if benteke was still on the field sanchez would never make that foul? i did not know that the impact of a striker was so critical in the process of a correct tackle.

Sanchez is an idiot for making that challenge, but if Benteke hadn't got sent off Sanchez may not have needed to make that tackle, hell...we may have even gone 2-0 up. 

Ifs and buts, but the fact is we were winning untill he got sent off, his sending off changed the game completely. 

Is it Bentekes fault Chadli got left unmarked? is it Benteke's fault sanchez made the most unnesessary fault on such a dangerous spot? is it benteke's fault the free kick deflects on a player in the goal? i think unregarded his sending off spurs were gonna win anyway regardless benteke's sending off. such defensive errors has nothing to do with wether benteke is or isnt on the pitch. fact is that spurs were getting more dangerous by the minute and that goal was comming.

It's his fault we lost. Defensive errors do have to do with Benteke being off the pitch, without him as an "out" ball, the defence were under more pressure. We naturally dropped back more, had to chase the ball more due to having less players which results in players being more fatigued.

There's no defending what he did, he cost us the game, well.... he cost us the only chance we had of winning it. 

So that clumsy foul from sanchez is the fault of benteke? so if benteke was still on the field sanchez would never make that foul? i did not know that the impact of a striker was so critical in the process of a correct tackle.

Sanchez is an idiot for making that challenge, but if Benteke hadn't got sent off Sanchez may not have needed to make that tackle, hell...we may have even gone 2-0 up. 

Ifs and buts, but the fact is we were winning untill he got sent off, his sending off changed the game completely. 

actually from the moment we scored we started to play more defensive.

actually from the moment we scored we started to play more defensive.

Hmmm.... If you can't tell how losing a player with 20minutes to go in a match has a negative effect on a team then there's little point in this debate.

I'll be perfectly honest, just before Benteke got sent off I was feeling quite confident about us winning the game. I thought we looked quite comfortable and could counter attack as Spurs was getting desperate. For me, the sending off changed the game. 

• Like 2

Same here. I thought we were going to win or atleast draw. Red card came and i knew what was going to happen. Same with the Chelsea game, he got a red card and the game changed.

Our chances without him drop dramatically imo. Yeah he (and the side) did little in the Evernot & QPowerRs games but he looked up for it yesterday and we looked a much more threatening side for it. What we gonna do now? Start Bent ?

I'd still start Gabby over Bent. Really don't think Bent offers anything except the remote possibility of a goal. 

It's a red all day long, unfortunately, and we can't really say he doesn't have previous. I remember an elbow he threw at a Chelsea player a few years back, which looked deliberate to me at the time. That was the same game he kicked Terry in the chest and got sent off. Last season he grabbed a Norwich player by the throat, was it Bassong? He's got temper problems and he needs to learn to control them. Channel that energy in a positive way.

That said, if what Benteke did was a "slap," what Mason did was a headbutt and he definitely should have seen red also. The Vertongen challenge maybe could have been a red on a different day with a different ref, he did have both feet off the floor even if he didn't connect with both feet, and it certainly seemed reckless. Chadli's tackle also seemed reckless to me.

• Like 1

he is clearly a target for the physical stuff...he's a big lad, but he must learn technically how to avoid/deal with it like Drogba, Van Persie and Henry

In his first season, he was quite physical himself ..example smalling...but now he is been targeted by several players he needs to learn how to find space and drift away from them...if you are running off the ball they can't mark you. 

ps did see signs of his old form coming back though.

Edited by TRO

show that incident to anyone who hasnt seen or heard the result before the card is shown and i can guarantee you if you ask them who will get sent off..  most will say Mason. Possibly Benteke as well for the shove. 

Both should have gone. How can the linesman spot the push but not the initial infringement. Thats a joke.

Anyway.. it was good to see him back to his best. FWIW i would play Bent up top as he does seem to hold the ball up better with his err bigger frame. Wiemann/Gabby just dont work.

Hopefully Senderos is back too

Edited by KSV

Just looking at that video makes me think we're suffering from a gyspy curse or something. Why does everything have to go **** wrong or against us?

I've said for years that, if we signed the best eleven players in the world, by Christmas we would be fielding the reserves through injuries. I know you refer to the red card but the injuries, usually strange ones that linger for months, keep happening season after season.

my understanding is that the red card for such an event occurs under the auspices of violent conduct. Nothing in that to me construes violent conduct - he pushes mason's face out of the way - it wasn't a hit or anything of the sort... I would certainly appeal as forcefully as I could - no downside for villa in doing so. I think mason definitely showed movement with his head, which was what caused the reaction by benteke.

away from that incident, I thought he looked very very good.... all that he was missing was a goal, but he was winning his headers, getting into space and looking confident with ball at feet for the first time in many months...

shame if the ban stands...

• Like 2

Â