Christian Benteke

Kwan

Yes and its not just these 3 points, its the next 3 games where we need to pick up points without our best player. 

And yet again the point of what a one-man team we are was highlighted. Benteke plays reasonably well, we look capable of scoring some goals. A costly, costly decision in every sense of the word.

What's the actual rule? Is it one of those technicality rules like taking your shirt off? If that's the case then fair enough to the ref. But then how does he explain the other off the ground studs up tackles from spurs players where he used his discretion? Benteke didn't strike the player, he hardly pushed him. The height difference between the players meant a push (which happens all the time) ended up closer to the spurs player's face. I find it difficult to blame Benteke when he's being ridden that hard by 3 players.

It was a red card, we're just all angry that Spurs never got any red cards during the game.

But what was Jan Vertonghen two footed (career ending) challenge? Benteke's petulant slap was a yellow after he allowed Vertonghen to continue on after that tackle.    

It was a red card, we're just all angry that Spurs never got any red cards during the game.

But what was Jan Vertonghen two footed (career ending) challenge? Benteke's petulant slap was a yellow after he allowed Vertonghen to continue on after that tackle.    

I don't see why you're quoting that to me. Benteke and Mason should of got sent off as well as Vertonghen/Chadli.

What's the actual rule? Is it one of those technicality rules like taking your shirt off? If that's the case then fair enough to the ref. But then how does he explain the other off the ground studs up tackles from spurs players where he used his discretion? Benteke didn't strike the player, he hardly pushed him. The height difference between the players meant a push (which happens all the time) ended up closer to the spurs player's face. I find it difficult to blame Benteke when he's being ridden that hard by 3 players.

Yes, it is a unambiguous ruling. Any raising of ones hand to an opponent's face is a red-card, no matter how tame.

• Like 1

I don't see why you're quoting that to me. Benteke and Mason should of got sent off as well as Vertonghen/Chadli.

Benteke and Mason were childish fools, but it is insulting to group their silly behaviour  with Vertonghen's and Chadli's dangerous challenges. Swarbrick should be ashamed of himself after failing to protect the players. Shocking.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

It was a red card but I'm gonna stop short at calling him an idiot.

He was provoked by three players and in a split second made a bad decision.

Mason was much more calculated but will be praised by his fans coz the ref did bugger all.

He looked good today aswell.

No threat now for another 3 games

• Like 1

Sigh, if he was going to hit that little word removed Mason then it should have least been a proper punch rather than a brush to the face.

It's funny how Benteke brushing Mason's face is considered a red card but Verthongen's and Chadli's two footed lunges which are more dangerous were only considered yellow cards. Not to mention how Mason got away with putting his head into Benteke's face first.

• Like 2

the ref was  a disgrace today how does mason not get a red any head contact is a red. terrible 

but benteke yet again lets us down witha  red card, stupid fool done the same against chelsea few years ago when we were in control gets  needless red card and we lost. i hope he gets fined

Â