Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think we were "lucky" that he got injured when he did and for so long as I don't think the big clubs will come sniffing again until 2015 imo. We'll probably want north of £20m and teams at the top will want to see how he does when he returns from injury before throwing that sort of money at a player who, despite his obvious talents, now has the possibility of not returning to his best and be potentially injury prone for the rest of his career.

Other clubs will want to be sure he isn't a crock and will still have the ability to justify the fee we will demand.

He probably won't play a game until 2015 though ? There's no point having him unless he's making a difference on the pitch

My point is that there would have been a good chance that we would have sold him this summer and not had him at all next season, providing the new owners don't come in Man City style. Instead, he'll probably come back from injury roughly October/November time and the next time he'll pick up some serious interest will most likely be Summer 2015, so his injury may be a blessing in disguise, for us at least, as we will most likely hold onto him for an extra season now.

I think it's great when one fan see's Benteke when he's on the football pitch and then yells "Oooo Christian Bentekeee" like that song from that band ages ago.

And then a few other fans hear that one fan and then they start yelling out "Oooo Christian Bentekeee" - but they do it at the same time as the first guy, so it sounds like a giant yelling it.

And then thousands of the other fans hear those fans yelling "Oooo Christian Bentekee" - and then they join in, at the same time and it sounds so powerful like a super giant yelling and singing about Christian Benteke.

I just think it's great fun.

I noticed people starting to yell it after he's done something good on the pitch and sometimes when he hasn't.

• Like 1

when takeover happens, I can see us making major investment within the first summer window. New Chairman, New Vision, hunger for a result. This will only convince Benteke of Clubs intentions and future, so I think we will see him in a Claret and Blue shirt for a longer period of time now....

I think it's great when one fan see's Benteke when he's on the football pitch and then yells "Oooo Christian Bentekeee" like that song from that band ages ago.

And then a few other fans hear that one fan and then they start yelling out "Oooo Christian Bentekeee" - but they do it at the same time as the first guy, so it sounds like a giant yelling it.

And then thousands of the other fans hear those fans yelling "Oooo Christian Bentekee" - and then they join in, at the same time and it sounds so powerful like a super giant yelling and singing about Christian Benteke.

I just think it's great fun.

I noticed people starting to yell it after he's done something good on the pitch and sometimes when he hasn't.

You've lost it mate!

Anyway don't you have a blow job quota to fill for today?

"I was thinking about all the sacrifices I'd made and that I'd deserved to be at the World Cup. That's what I mean with frustration.

i took that as - i stayed at villa so i could be 1st choice and score some goals in a world cup year and make sure i got in the squad - :(

After my injury I also thought about Villa. I had ambitions, but a lot of things crossed my mind.

and that bit means he had every intention of leaving this summer :(

im just going for new owners, blessing in disguise, by the time he's back he'll have to get falcao out of the team...

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

"I was thinking about all the sacrifices I'd made and that I'd deserved to be at the World Cup. That's what I mean with frustration.

i took that as - i stayed at villa so i could be 1st choice and score some goals in a world cup year and make sure i got in the squad - :(

After my injury I also thought about Villa. I had ambitions, but a lot of things crossed my mind.

and that bit means he had every intention of leaving this summer :(

im just going for new owners, blessing in disguise, by the time he's back he'll have to get falcao out of the team...

falco_amadeus_mp_geste.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Are we talking about the same player here? I thought this was the Benteke thread? The guy who is far and away our star player, who carries the team at times but is injured until mid next season and won't play at the World Cup?

time to sell the one season wonder kid.

This. He did nothing at the back end of last season, and I blame him for us struggling like we did. Get shot of him now, cus you know he'll be terrible in the World Cup, and we'll never get rid of him then.

You're right, I bet he doesn't even score 1 goal at the world cup and won't be anywhere near the team of the tournament!

time to sell the one season wonder kid.

This. He did nothing at the back end of last season, and I blame him for us struggling like we did. Get shot of him now, cus you know he'll be terrible in the World Cup, and we'll never get rid of him then.

Well yea because he is injured and cant play in the world cup ....

Are we talking about the same player here? I thought this was the Benteke thread? The guy who is far and away our star player, who carries the team at times but is injured until mid next season and won't play at the World Cup?

<Insert Rainier Wolfcastle "That's The Joke" pic here>

Â