Christian Benteke

Kwan

He does have quite a large catalogue of misses in his 2 seasons here. And they're a lot of absolute sitters in that catalogue. The worst of the lot came in that Belgium game the other week. If he were more clinical he could easily notch 25-30 a season but the thing is, when he does move, and this unwanted knack he has of missing sitters follows him, a top side wont put up with it because of the simple fact they will have 3 other options ready to take their chance. A CL side will keep him benched and he wont like that. He's best off with us for a while longer because he's nowhere near the finished article, but I cant blame him for wanting to go especially if we fail to bring in quality over quantity this summer.

Think benteke turning into our main man has dictated the way we play with lambert effectively building a team and style of play suited best to his attributes. Think when or if he goes (although we shouldn't sell and we should try our best to keep him as we moan of non improvement then seem to want to sell one of our best players) the style may change again.

Could be argued Kozak was brought in so the style didn't have to change when or if he goes, however I think that was based on more that if benteke got injured we didn't have to move to a style we hadn't worked on. With more time in the summer to work on it you'd like to think that the style could change.

He does have quite a large catalogue of misses in his 2 seasons here. And they're a lot of absolute sitters in that catalogue. The worst of the lot came in that Belgium game the other week. If he were more clinical he could easily notch 25-30 a season but the thing is, when he does move, and this unwanted knack he has of missing sitters follows him, a top side wont put up with it because of the simple fact they will have 3 other options ready to take their chance. A CL side will keep him benched and he wont like that. He's best off with us for a while longer because he's nowhere near the finished article, but I cant blame him for wanting to go especially if we fail to bring in quality over quantity this summer.

Every striker in the world misses chances, sitters. You can never eradicate it.

I don't see what your point is.

at 22, he's going to continue being somewhat erratic as long as he's in an erratic team

put him in a side with ambition set higher than simply treading water and i've no doubt his finishing level would increase accordingly. a bit of pressure on your form can work wonders

I am surprised people still think he is better off here 'learning his trade for another season'

In what way is having 90 yard diagonal balls pumped to his chest helping his development?

Better off playing for an Allardyce or Megson side.

I am surprised people still think he is better off here 'learning his trade for another season'

In what way is having 90 yard diagonal balls pumped to his chest helping his development?

Better off playing for an Allardyce or Megson side.

Benteke had numerous opportunities on Saturday and missed but now it is the fault of how the ball was played to him? Come on, be serious now. Christian is not ready for that level yet.

It does look like his game has started to drop off just as we begin the approach to the World cup and summer transfer window.... Protecting himself perhaps?! He really has been hit and misses (lots of them) this season with just the odd glimpse of the real Benteke.....Shame.

Â