Christian Benteke

Kwan

Unless he has a crazy run in and scores a goal a game etc I can't see him going anywhere, still needs to stop going quiet for so long for them to be interested at the money we will ask. Which suits us fine imo, here at least another season.

Kozak can not be Benteke's replacement at any cost, his static movement and our somewhat brain dead footballers hoofing the ball up to him all game long will ensure the football is even worse to watch than this season and that would cost Lambert his job.

Kozak is a solid squad option who can contribute 10 goals a season but he can not be starting every game and he just simply won't score or bring to the forward line what Benteke contributes.

Domestically I'd be very happy with Demba Ba or a little bit more realistic Loic Remy as Benteke's replacement. I doubt QPR will be demanding a huge amount for him, probably be just happy to get him off the wage bill as they look unlikely to come up at this minute and remember he joined a Newcastle team who finished below us last season so doubt a mid table finish will matter.

He can play centrally or drift wide and has scored lots of Newcastle this season. Having him and Gabby in the same forward line would be a nightmare for a lot of defences.

Edited by VillaChris

SSN interview - 

"after this season where do you see your future, you cant stay playing with a team if your a top player and they're fighting relegation every season"

"i dont know"

"and what about the future for villa, will they strengthen in the summer, would that make you stay?"

"i dont know"

SSN Headline - 

Benteke unsure of villa future

**** YOU SKY

i bet they'd **** love it if he left and joined one of their favourites

Funny aren't they, the press I mean. One bicycle kick and they're already on it, not a single mention of him leaving in January or even a mention of him at all beforehand though.

Tossers.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Funny aren't they, the press I mean. One bicycle kick and they're already on it, not a single mention of him leaving in January or even a mention of him at all beforehand though.

Tossers.

Benteke is happy here.

There's no way he's here next season.

People said this last season.

Not that I think he will stay, I think he'll go personally, but you can't really rule anything in or out.

I don't think his form this season warrants a big move, unless he goes on a serious scoring run now. What will spark silly season is if he nets a few in the world cup, then we can swap him for pjanic, strootman and destro in the summer from roma ;)

Well , We're not in the worst position of needing to sell him ..

We might have gave him a word that we won't force him to stay (But then nothing sure) ..

Anyway everytime he put a good performance .. I start thinking of him going , Where with bad performances I think he couldn't secure a place in the world cup !

It is hilarious isnt it, scores 1-2 goals and the horrible papers with nothing to report get an easy little article to fill up some space. Anybody interested in CB at the moment will not have been suddenly swayed by his display sunday because everyone has already seen what hes capable of from the entire time hes been here.

Few goals in the world cup and were looking at a mid 20's fee without a doubt.

SSN interview - 

"after this season where do you see your future, you cant stay playing with a team if your a top player and they're fighting relegation every season"

"i dont know"

"and what about the future for villa, will they strengthen in the summer, would that make you stay?"

"i dont know"

SSN Headline - 

**** YOU SKY

Is that real or a very accurate hypothetical situation?

SSN interview - 

"i dont know"

"i dont know"

SSN Headline - 

**** YOU SKY

Is that real or a very accurate hypothetical situation?

Theres no way thats a real SSN interview, those questions would never be asked.

We cannot really deny him a move, he's given 2 years to us which is fair play, you can hardly blame him as he is a class above anything we have at the moment.  We all wanted him to stay the extra year and he has, think we should let him go and keep on to the good memories of him, hope there isn't the nasty reaction like last summer if he were to leave

Â