Christian Benteke

Kwan

Not sure what I liked best about yesterday... the first goal , the awkward chat with Ron Vlaar, or the third person incident.

Vlaar handing over the MOTM award for me, Benteke looked like a kid with an embarrassing father.

Really hope he goes to Dortmund, Id even take less money. I just don't want to see him scoring against us at Villa Park.

Why REALLY hope he goes anywhere? I hope we can convince him to stay after us finishing 10th or so, some decent signings and a potential push for Europe next season!

Anywhere but Liverpool and Spurs

Can't blame him if he wants to leave

Big fish in a small pond deserving of better considering he's been misused as a glorified barge pole this season.

If he had decent players around him who could not just hoof it onto his head but play into his feet i'm confident he could hit 20 goals a season

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

The inevitable will happen at the end of the season, when all the journalists will start scribbling columns about how 'if Arsenal had Benteke they would have won the league', or 'if Tottenham had had Benteke they would have qualified for the Champions League'. One of those clubs will buckle to the pressure that will create.

We could have done with all the big Premiership clubs scoring goals just fine and not needing him. But sadly both Arsenal and Spurs (who were linked with him last summer) have both ****ed up by not getting him. Won't happen 2 years running. Man Utd will also be looking at an overhaul and looking to bring in proven Premiership scorers. Liverpool may lose Saurez and be looking for someone new. Even Chelsea are in the market for a new striker and if Benteke finishes the season strongly he could be on their radar.

Lets hope Kozak fully recovers, eh? We need the Benteke money to improve the midfield, right back and left back. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

Why? Top scorer in last years Europa League. Didn't start too badly for someone adjusting to a new club, new country. Whilst I'm not saying Kozak is as good as Benteke, I don't think we've seen enough of him to write him off that quickly and harshly, and what little we did see of him was pretty positive.

One good game doesn't mean he will leave.

If he had a season like this one at any of the clubs mentioned  he wouldn't be starting games, he would be risking his whole career, He needs a full season scoring goals before he should even consider leaving.

Anyway the first goal was fantastic, if he was played more central, rather than hugging the left flank, he would get far more opportunities to score.

Can't see him staying beyond this season myself.

I just hope we use the money properly/wisely and reinvest in key areas that is needed.

I can't see it happening though, we are pretty bad as a club at replacing players.

Replacing Bent with Benteke was terrible, likewise Given with Guzan and Collins with Vlaar.  I wish Lambert would stop replacing our key players with duds.

• Like 1

Hope he goes abroad! Really do. Don't want to see him play for anyone else in England. But it's going to happen.

If he is going. Get it done ASAP so we can move on and not drag it out.

I think we should just be hoping for the best possible fee, not his destination if he leaves. Gab marcotti made this point pretty well on the mata sale:

'One: We've heard time and again how selling to a direct Premier League competitor is a mistake. Other have argued how if Chelsea agree, they must not view United as a direct rival. But in this day and age, it's all nonsense. Let the market do its thing. Yes, if Mata goes to United and scores a hat-trick against Chelsea, the punditocracy will say, "Hah! What fools? See? You should never sell to a direct rival!"

Funny, though, how if Chelsea take the proposed Mata fee (latest quote: 45 million euros, approximately $61 million) and use it to buy someone who then scores a hat-trick against United, nobody is going to rise up and make that same argument. Nobody is going to bleat: "See? They should have never bought a player from a direct rival! That was United's $61 million that ended up buying the guy who scored that hat-trick!"'

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

Â