Christian Benteke

Kwan

Oh he is quality then. And a decent corner delivery to score from.

Massive credit to Lambert for signing and keeping him but I stand by the fact we've wasted a quality player this year.

That's not a fact - it's one of your many opinions.
So you think we've really utilised a quality player this year then?
Has scored more headed goals than anyone else in the Premier League this season. Has been injured for a significant part of the season and struggled for form/fitness after being pushed back in too soon because we're over reliant on him.

But yes, we're obviously misusing him.

We also play a ridiculous amount of long balls and struggle to keep the ball.

I'm sure that's had nothing to do with a quality player struggling for form.

Long balls = Benteke's strength (see: the overhead kick today). We play to it (far too much, granted).

The trick we've missed is using actual width and crossing the ball to him which apparently only happens when Matt Lowton plays.

Come on you can't say his first goal proves that long ball is his strength. The kind of long ball we usually play does nothing for him.

Once his moment of magic changed the game we mixed it nicely. He had it played to him to flick on, he had it played to him to hold up and he got it to his feet in good positions.

Some of these reactions are laughable, not like anybody said he was never going to have a good game again, just simply stating facts about how he has been poor in recent games, which would be hard to dispute.

I'm sure every body hopes he continues playing well but trying to throw all the valid criticisms in peoples faces because he's had one good game is stupid, lets have a sense of balance.

I think your post is laughable personally, mainly because nobody has actually said he hasn't been poor in recent games.

Bollocks.

There are a couple of posts before mine, which are solely there to have a go at those who have criticsed before hand.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Christian Benteke.

About time he won us a match. It's his job. 

• Like 2

He has restored my faith in him, the guy has unbelievable skill and also speed for such a big, strong athlete. 

I know Mourinho said he didn't like the way we played using Benteke but honestly I think he would suit Chelsea's system as the new Drogba more than Lukaku would. How about we swap + cash? :)

Was funny, when he scored, this bloke behind me said "The defender's given him a lot of space there", Daddy 8pints gave him such a look that I thought the bloke was going to combust :D Instead he just looked away and sat back down.

• Like 1

Â