Christian Benteke

Kwan

He didn't though. He's been more like Benteskey and less Benteke this season

Seriously?  :rolleyes:  5 goals in 9 appearances isn't bad at all, and let's not forget he's not been fully fit since that Norwich game.

Essentially 2 of those were pens and one was against Rotherham. He has been injured and has no service and but he hasn't been as effective as last season. I'm not blaming him but its hard to disagree with that statement.

Seriously?  :rolleyes:  5 goals in 9 appearances isn't bad at all, and let's not forget he's not been fully fit since that Norwich game.

Essentially 2 of those were pens and one was against Rotherham. He has been injured and has no service and but he hasn't been as effective as last season. I'm not blaming him but its hard to disagree with that statement.

I agree

the doubling up has stifled him, doesn't help that gabby and andi don't seem to be benefitting from him being doubled up anymore, the end of last season we seemed to work our way around it, this season we have abandoned it and now just seem to hoof it to him :(

one of about 6 players who just haven't looked right so far this year

Not worried at all about Benteke, even with the limited service, he could have easily scored in every game.

Me neither fed off scraps against West Ham, i thought he looked quite sharp. Goals will come. no worries there. There's only two players in the Villa side i don't worry about thats him and Guzan

I agree

the doubling up has stifled him, doesn't help that gabby and andi don't seem to be benefitting from him being doubled up anymore, the end of last season we seemed to work our way around it, this season we have abandoned it and now just seem to hoof it to him :(

I would expect that if players are double teaming 'Big Chris,' then there should be more space for our other attackers to exploit and score instead... Step up to the plate then Gabby and Weimann.

• Like 2

I agree

I would expect that if players are double teaming 'Big Chris,' then there should be more space for our other attackers to exploit and score instead... Step up to the plate then Gabby and Weimann.

filepicker%2FBusm2ZXzRBOMeS5JBeaV_605-qu

He's still in a completely different league to Heskey. He's not been as effective as last season (so far) but FFS that doesn't mean he's comparable to Heskey.

I'm alarmed they were even mentioned in the same breath.

I think besides his injury, the 3 upfront have not been firing, they all rely on each other...their movement and synchro has not been there.

I afraid of two things next game ..

Playing kozak instead of Weimann ..

Or playing without a proper left back ..

I think besides his injury, the 3 upfront have not been firing, they all rely on each other...their movement and synchro has not been there.

1) Kozak really doesn't deserve the relentless bashing he gets on here considering he's barely played

2) Weimann has done absolutely nothing all season and I'm personally looking forward to him not being in the starting XI

1) Kozak really doesn't deserve the relentless bashing he gets on here considering he's barely played

2) Weimann has done absolutely nothing all season and I'm personally looking forward to him not being in the starting XI

Aston-Villa-v-Manchester-City-Premier-Le

Absolutely nothing is unfair.  But yeah, he's bang out of form  ;)

• Like 1

Considering both proper left backs are injured, that's gonna be pretty hard to avoid.

• Like 1

Â