Christian Benteke

Kwan

The opposition have found a way to keep him silent for large parts of the game. This generally involves doubling up on him and pushing him quite deep. That hasn't affected his goal tally though which is encouraging.

the problem is we only got plan A when Benteke isnt avaibale for balls we have no plan B. all balls on benteke is no strategy.. you can't be depending on 1 person.

We have no-one else to depend on though, we are the very definition of a one man team I think

McLeish on Jazeera has just said he was looking at Benteke the season before and would probably have signed him had he stayed in the job.

Sure Alex....sure.

probably would've played him in defence.

Just like he was going to convince Sigurdsson to join us...  :D

• Like 1

4 goals in 4 games in the league, 5 goals in 5 in total. Regardless of how we do as a team I think he'll have no problem getting 20 league goals provided he stays injury free.

McLeish on Jazeera has just said he was looking at Benteke the season before and would probably have signed him had he stayed in the job.

Sure Alex....sure.

probably would've played him in defence.

Seriously? What a **** bullshitter. This is why I detest the man.

I know that you said that Stefan, but I think a few others may be barking up the wrong scapegoat tree when they're looking for reasons why we lost today.

Weimann and Gabby were brutally bad today, to the point of embarrassing. Luna got raped big style and the midfield looked as if they'd never met.....even allowing for all of this I thought we still had enough to deal with Newcastle and we should have done.

He was awful today but the performance will be overshadowed because he scored.

That's the sign of a good striker though, even if he isn't in the game he still carries a threat.  Benteke takes his chances, I saw a couple of stats today after his goal. He has 19 goals in his last 21 appearances for us which is a strike rate we might never see again, he is also the top goalscorer in the Premier League in the calendar year of 2013 with 18 goals.  Van Persie is in second place and he is way back on 15.  Benteke is the best striker we have had since Dwight Yorke, and you should enjoy him while you still have the chance because he isn't going to hang around for long. 

• Like 2

I must say watching his interview on AVTV, his english has vastly improved! Good on him. 

Thought the same thing here, improved incredibly.

As he put it though, it may have been good for him to get a goal but the points are what are important and we didn't get any.

Saw a little stat about benteke last year. He scored 12 goals on 61 shots with his feet from open play for a conversion rate of 19.7%. That was the best conversion rate with feet for any player in the premier league.

Saw a little stat about benteke last year. He scored 12 goals on 61 shots with his feet from open play for a conversion rate of 19.7%. That was the best conversion rate with feet for any player in the premier league.

Â