Christian Benteke

Kwan

this is how the contract went...

benteke go's through into lamberts office noticing brad brick wall guzan lurking around outside reminiscent of a meeting from any gangster film with a mafia don, agent tries to to follow but is stopped with brad in the style of ivan drago from rocky going I will crush you, so backs off...

lambert using a mixture of charisma , fiery glaswegian power and del boy wheeler dealing turns an easily led benteke, persuades him to stay and sign a new contract ...

benteke leaves happy, villa fans are happy, lambo pull of a huge coop and agent has nightmare bout guzan and will think twice before messing with villa again...

• Like 1

If he is available for 25 million then we should put a bid in ourselves. It would send out a message that we are ambitious and we could reinvest the money. Just think we get a new Benteke and the old one will stay as a spare , plus we make 25 million. We can also triple both of their wages with all the extra Benteke money too . It all depends on if Lerner would stump up the cash and then accept his own offer . It's a ballsy move but would be a real statement of intent.

Ain't happening.... Forget it. Move on.

:excl:  :excl: :excl:

Now there is ITK and then there is Brumniscience . ;)

• Like 2

If,as an adult you still believe ANY player gives a shit like you do, you're off you're head

END OF

You will disagree but I think they probably care more. They're livelyhood depends on how they and the team play.

We can just go back to our lives when things aren't going well.

Oh.......it is a VERY good day indeed!

And to think, I have'nt seen my Spuds mate up the road yet hahahahaha!

Can't wait! :D

Edited by AValon
  • Like 1

The minute that Benteke handed in his transfer request, I got a tweet off my gfs mate who is a spurs fan saying 'So much for Benteke staying, maybe he lied to those kids ay?'

So the SECOND that he signed the new deal and withdrew the transfer request, I tweeted him with the news :D

He responded saying 'I said Levy wouldn't pay that much for him'

I replied back 'I wonder what odds I could get for AVB to Barca and Bale to Bail too ;)'

I got no reply :D

Edited by Rob182

on that spuds forum, they only mention £20m, was that all tottenham were prepared to offer?

they might think £25m is alot (even though we asked for £30m) but when you consider what benteke is capable of, and what we as a club could potentially lose in league position etc if a suitable replacement wasnt found, oh and considering todays market, although i personally dont agree with any person being worth £30m ever! especially thick footballers, however in this case, and regarding tottenham, £30m is worth it, as they would finish in the league potentially were we want to finish

on that spuds forum, they only mention £20m, was that all tottenham were prepared to offer?

They were all under the misapprehension that the two clubs would come to a 'compromise' regarding the price.

Spurs ITKs  :crylaugh:

• Like 2

I've just tweeted Benteke, Sylla, Baker, Guzan & Vlaar the photo of the players celebrating Lowton's wonder goal, with the french translation for 'Stay here, we will suceed'. I'm sure it'll make no difference next summer, but every little helps!

What the **** is going down??????

Absolutely gob smacked and delighted.

That pessimism that you said was realism has just turned out to be pessimism again :D

(Though I'm sure we all agree that Benteke will probably be off next summer)

In Lambert We Trust!

• Like 1

Absolutelly fantastic news!

Never for a moment thought we'd get to keep him.

Can't really blame him for wanting to test the waters in the transfer market after the season he had.

He'll get a well deserved pay hike now and probably his big move next summer.

Not to be over dramatic but this really changes everything for us, well played to everyone involved in securing this deal

• Like 1

What the **** is going down??????

Absolutely gob smacked and delighted.

That pessimism that you said was realism has just turned out to be pessimism again :D

Have absolutely no problem with that.

• Like 1

Have just spent a few minutes reading this and laughing

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/christian-benteke.92986/page-117

It starts of with someone dropping in a post  that is :D  because they have got wind of it

It then gets :crylaugh: when the HH post is quoted

Then it gets :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

I loved this bit

"

forget strikers, we need to upgrade our itks first. sign him up levy.

That Villa ITK is great .clear.png

"

Wait till they get a load of our aircraft surveillance...  :D

This bit takes some beating:

POST 2334

Presumably the good news is just that they've rejected our latest bid. Doesn't stop us bidding again. It's highly unlikely that he's signed a new contract or anything like that having just handed in a transfer request.

POST 2335

Christian Benteke agrees a contract extension to keep him at Villa until 2017. http://bit.ly/13GcBq4 #AVFC

• Like 3

I still don't know why those who thought he would leave this summer were so confident. Words like '"face it, he's off" and "if he was staying he'd have signed by now - he's gone" were common. Was it their dodgy ITKs or their unnecessarily negative hunches?

I'm not claiming I knew he was staying, far from it, just that I couldn't see any evidence that he was definitely off as many were claiming. It seemed more prudent to wait and see.

Have just spent a few minutes reading this and laughing

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?threads/christian-benteke.92986/page-117

It starts of with someone dropping in a post  that is :D  because they have got wind of it

It then gets :crylaugh: when the HH post is quoted

Then it gets :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

That made my morning!!

Christian Beneteke off next summer....I ain't so sure?

This last season will prove to be the hardest Season to keep him. ...we have managed it by hook or by crook.

We toyed with relegation all season and had him on a modest ( in footballing terms) salary.

With him in the team and the development of our younger players...It is not too much to expect a much better season. If we can achieve that and pay him sensibly, then it could put us in a much stronger position to keep him.

Personally, I think the hardest job has been done.

• Like 1

I still don't know why those who thought he would leave this summer were so confident. Words like '"face it, he's off" and "if he was staying he'd have signed by now - he's gone" were common. Was it their dodgy ITKs or their unnecessarily negative hunches?

I'm not claiming I knew he was staying, far from it, just that I couldn't see any evidence that he was definitely off as many were claiming. It seemed more prudent to wait and see.

It may have had something to do with the fact that he handed in a transfer request?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Â