Christian Benteke

Kwan

so Benteke doesn't want to come back to Aston Villa ...I'm not surprised because we don't want him back.

We just want the Money.

Benteke can tell his beloved spurs to get their finger out and do the deal and stop fannying him about....Good start isn't it, your new employers humiliating you.

Who is we? I and many other fans do want him to stay for the simple fact that he can play. Despite what he has done in the last week, he is still a good forward, and without him in the team we are worse off.

He is mentally a million miles away from Villa right now.

of course he is a good player, but mentally he isn't ours, (contractually yes)

get him gone, and get someone that does want to play for us.

I don't want to piss on anybodys chips but if I am being brutally honest with myself his body language said to me he didn't want to be with us last season.

I think that's just his general demeanour to be honest with you. But if you are far an away your teams best player it might be frustrating at times. Less so towards the end of the campaign when all three forwards were firing - Gabby especially.

I don't buy this "he didn't want to be here us last season" thing. Let's not forget that he went on strike to force through a move to us. He's clearly a careerist mercenary though.

Edited by Mantis

The way he celebrated goals.. especially ones he didn't score.. showed he cared. Season finished and he was tapped up. I hope Real do it to Bale now.

• Like 2

The way he celebrated goals.. especially ones he didn't score.. showed he cared. Season finished and he was tapped up. I hope Real do it to Bale now.

I hope Real tap up Bale and Arsenal swoop in with a £30m bid for Benteke.

• Like 3

I personally want him to get the Darren Bent treatment this year. Dont want him to play for Villa again. The best outcome is that we get between 25m - 30m for him and can build for the future with players that have some respect for the club and that want to be here.

Gabby and Andy were sensational at times last season and I fully expect Weimann to be even better this season. Add to that a new striker who can hopefully bang in around 15 goals and we wont be long forgetting about Bentakey.

Agree. I enjoy watching the reaction of players when goals are scored by team mates and CB looked like he cared about every one.

TRO no need to keep quoting yourself, we get your point, we might not agree, but we get it. As for his demeanor last season, I have no idea what you are on about? Which game was it where he appeared to show he didn't want to be at the club?

I don't think at any point in the season was he our 'team's far and away best player'.

I respectfully disagree - though I accept that there was usually someone else in outstanding form. It was one of the paradoxes of last season that we were for large parts truly awful and yet there were at least patches of the season in which Guzan, Lowton, Westwood, Delph, Weimann and Gabby all looked like they could be top 4 players. Hell, even N'Zogbia had a decent spell. But Benteke was the star of the show, no doubt.

I just want the bloke gone now... I couldn't bear watching him pull a Villa shirt on again knowing he can't stand being here & after the disrespectful way he has gone about the whole episode. He was insulting the club from the outset with his "I thought they were in London" comments & for me his mind was made up that he would be off before the season ended. I really do think that he said something along the lines of "i want 100k a week to stay" knowing full well it would never happen (and now made clear as he is by all accounts being given 70k if (when) he goes to Spurs)

I think the comments on here about him looking like he didn't want to be here are precisely that..  I feel he knew he was going to be off as soon as he knew he had a good season...This is backed up by Eden Hazards comment saying he called him & said "right i did well what next"  This comment also shows he has possibly been following the advice of his "friend" Hazard too as he is clearly asking him what to do next indicating that they must have spoken about this before & he was told something along the lines of.. "Play well then we'll get you to a "Proper club" " Looks as clear as day to me the whole thing was pre planned before he even came here. I don't even believe the "I thought they were in London" comment.. i just think that was to get the attention of the London clubs at the first possible opportunity as a kind of "I'm at Villa but i really want to be in London " signal. After all do you really believe that a professional footballer would never have seen Villa play on TV & heard the countless references to us being a Midlands team etc?

This was always going to happen & he knew damned well before the season had finished even he was off. This is what people spotted in his general demeanor in my opinion.. it was a kind of uncomfortable guilt maybe at being hero worshiped on one hand whilst knowing he didn't give a stuff about us on the other. This would also make sense of his comments as soon as the season ended saying "i don't think there is a need for us to fall out over anything" just before he shot off on holiday.

Simple as Villa hold all the cards, we either get our valuation (25-30m) for CB or he isn't going anywhere. With it being WC year, he (Benteke) hasn't got a choice but to preform for us or risk losing a starting place to either Vossen or Lukaku or even a place completely in the squad; my worry what will fans will be like if he does appear in a claret and blue shirt again, hostile is my guess to say the least e.g. Barry's first return to VP.

Obviously he has had his head swayed too much by his agent constantly being in his ear about 'how much money he could earn at another club', but he is 22 and can make his own decisions by now, he is sadly greedy like the majority of footballers nowadays; could earn a few lessons from like Gabby or Weimann  :)

Regarding the article, if he does pull the stunt he pulled at Genk, PL will not take it lightly and make an example of CB, a la Bent; it being WC year will not bother PL at all.

He has to go, if he doesn't want to be at the club and be part of the rebuild, then he simply has to go.

The sooner he goes the better, I'm sick to death of reading about him wanting to move or other clubs coming in for him, it's not as though this started recently, it's been going on since the day he started banging in the goals.

That said, the way I see it, without him in the side we're going to finish about mid table, with him in the side we'll finish slightly higher on account of us being way behind the other clubs that would qualify for Europa..

So, what does it matter if he's here or not, **** him, price him out of a move or just tell him bollocks you're under contract and you're staying put, if he goes on strike or doesn't get with the programme then he gets to play reserve football and forget his hopes of playing at the WC next year.

I am having these images of poor little orphan Benteke sitting on the road side with his suit cases packed waiting for his new Mummy and daddy to come and take him away to a new life of puppies and rainbows.

Just starting to get a little nervous about having to go back to the orphanage and face the other kids.

• Like 1

Nursey said Spurs first contacted us about him in February. His head will have been turned then.

I'm not buying into  all this "tapping up" people are going on about. Our players will do it as well so we can hardly get on our high horses about it.  It happens all the time on international duty, like when Xavi and Puyol put a Barca shirt on Cesc when he was at Arsenal. Of course he wants to go and play with his mates from Belgium - them being in his ear about joining them is moot. 

I've also seen people say Benteke is going to Spurs for the money. If he was moving for the money, he'd join Chelsea. Choosing Spurs shows that he values regular playing time ahead of money.

I actually think his agent has played this well for him. If there is interest from Spurs after one season, and they offer to triple his wages, why wouldn't you advise your client to leave? There's the clear risk that second season syndrome affects him and he may never get another chance like this. Cynical way of looking at it, but still. The public transfer request is certainly extremely risky, but carries great reward for both of them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have much time for Kismet and his slimey antics. But I'd just thought I'd pose a different view.

• Like 3

Nursey said Spurs first contacted us about him in February. His head will have been turned then.

I'm not buying into  all this "tapping up" people are going on about. Our players will do it as well so we can hardly get on our high horses about it.  It happens all the time on international duty, like when Xavi and Puyol put a Barca shirt on Cesc when he was at Arsenal. Of course he wants to go and play with his mates from Belgium - them being in his ear about joining them is moot. 

I've also seen people say Benteke is going to Spurs for the money. If he was moving for the money, he'd join Chelsea. Choosing Spurs shows that he values regular playing time ahead of money.

I actually think his agent has played this well for him. If there is interest from Spurs after one season, and they offer to triple his wages, why wouldn't you advise your client to leave? There's the clear risk that second season syndrome affects him and he may never get another chance like this. Cynical way of looking at it, but still. The public transfer request is certainly extremely risky, but carries great reward for both of them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have much time for Kismet and his slimey antics. But I'd just thought I'd pose a different view.

Stop putting logic behind this! You are making me see the reasoning behind this transfer request and I don't like it!  :(

Nah. If Chelsea / City/ PSG bid for him he would be off like a shot. It is clear Benteke doesnt give a shit about anything but the maximum money. I dont blame him for that, but lets not dress up his sudden interest in Spurs as anything other than what it is. They are the only club who are interested and who might be able to afford him.

Â