Christian Benteke

Kwan

try to loan lukaku from chelsea and he'll stay :)

The same Lukaku who said today that he has no intention of going out on loan this season? And the same Lukaku who told Benteke to leave Villa and join a big club?

when did lukaku said that? can you give me a quote?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/15/romelu-lukaku-i-have-no-intention-of-leaving-chelsea-on-loan-3883340/?ITO=news-sitemap

not that part the part where he said benteke to leave aston villa?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2296281/Romelu-Lukaku-tells-Christian-Benteke-quit-Aston-Villa.html

try to loan lukaku from chelsea and he'll stay :)

The same Lukaku who said today that he has no intention of going out on loan this season? And the same Lukaku who told Benteke to leave Villa and join a big club?

when did lukaku said that? can you give me a quote?

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/15/romelu-lukaku-i-have-no-intention-of-leaving-chelsea-on-loan-3883340/?ITO=news-sitemap

not that part the part where he said benteke to leave aston villa?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2296281/Romelu-Lukaku-tells-Christian-Benteke-quit-Aston-Villa.html

hmm okay

i may be stuck in an old fashioned time warp, but no footballer is worth £70k per week, not even the very best, its only a skill, an ability, people like doctors who save peoples lifes should be on more than footballers, but thats not saying they should be on £70k per week

if footballers werent paid so much, then ticket prices wouldnt be so high, they shouldnt be more than £10 per game, to sit in the cold for 2 hours, thats worth it

no doubt most of us on here bust our balls everyday to pay bills, why should thick footballers get what we earn in 2 to 3 years?

seeing as its football, an international language, then ye, ok a couple grand a week i guess, no footballer needs more than that, makes me sick

sheer greed by agents who are the cancer of the game, get rid of them and football would be more enjoyable to watch

you are right but unfortunatly it is like it is today accept it =/ this is how modern football works today nothing to do about it. 

ps: what means a grand?

Edited by Belgian guy

i may be stuck in an old fashioned time warp, but no footballer is worth £70k per week, not even the very best, its only a skill, an ability, people like doctors who save peoples lifes should be on more than footballers, but thats not saying they should be on £70k per week

if footballers werent paid so much, then ticket prices wouldnt be so high, they shouldnt be more than £10 per game, to sit in the cold for 2 hours, thats worth it

no doubt most of us on here bust our balls everyday to pay bills, why should thick footballers get what we earn in 2 to 3 years?

seeing as its football, an international language, then ye, ok a couple grand a week i guess, no footballer needs more than that, makes me sick

sheer greed by agents who are the cancer of the game, get rid of them and football would be more enjoyable to watch

you are right but unfortunatly it is like it is today accept it =/ this is how modern football works today nothing to do about it. 

£1000 = a grand

Tear what to shreds?

I can take insults on a forum and I'd gladly welcome a coherent and proper reply to what I've just said.

Understandable about the CL aspect but who's to say Chelsea/Arsenal are in for him aside from paper talk? Chelsea have Lukaku who is of similar ilk and Arsenal seem to be after a different type of striker a la Suarez/Rooney-esque.

We're probably the biggest club who are genuinely interested in signing him... Might shock some of you.

If you are a big club then act like one .... and don't do your business through the media

PS ... You've won the same number of trophies in the last 4 years as we have ... And you couldn't even beat West Ham in a 2 horse race for a stadium :)

• Like 4

£1000 = a grand

oh ok cool :)

Something is only worth what people are prepared to play. There are plenty of clubs willing to pay bentekke 70kpw - sadly we aint one of them 

Somebody is worth what somebody is willing to pay them. It's not like they all earn £70k a week, it's only good players who earn that. These good players see it this way:

-Their team has good attendances even though tickets are expensive, they know they are in part responsible for attendances as they will be a big draw.

-They play in a league, therefore being an "entertainer" that sells it's rights for billions.

-They see thousands of shirts with their name on the back.

-Good players tend to play well, in turn helping their team finish higher up the table, resulting in bigger prize money.

All of the above is either directly or indirectly making the club a lot of money because of the players. If Rooney is possibly helping United make £20m a year, why should he accept earning £20k a year? You might not like it, but that's how it is. If you or I were helping our company make tens of millions, I'm sure we would be paid accordingly. You might not like it, but that's business.

And if we were not willing to pay the ticket costs the club ask or the subscription fees Sky charge then the clubs would have to lower the amount they pay in wages. 

If the fans are willing to give clubs money they will spend it trying to lure the best players they can. 

Somebody is worth what somebody is willing to pay them. It's not like they all earn £70k a week, it's only good players who earn that. These good players see it this way:

-Their team has good attendances even though tickets are expensive, they know they are in part responsible for attendances as they will be a big draw.

-They play in a league, therefore being an "entertainer" that sells it's rights for billions.

-They see thousands of shirts with their name on the back.

-Good players tend to play well, in turn helping their team finish higher up the table, resulting in bigger prize money.

All of the above is either directly or indirectly making the club a lot of money because of the players. If Rooney is possibly helping United make £20m a year, why should he accept earning £20k a year? You might not like it, but that's how it is. If you or I were helping our company make tens of millions, I'm sure we would be paid accordingly. You might not like it, but that's business.

so ireland and given are good players? if they are so damn good why don't they play? if bent is that good howcome he got played out the team by a 21 year old kid (when he signed he was 21) from the belgian league who earns 20K/week?

Edited by Belgian guy

Joey55, you seem to think that Benteke could go on strike if Villa block a move, which I guess we would only do if the valuation wasn't met. You think Villa cannot afford this. Think of this:

1) If Benteke went on strike he wouldn't be able to score goals due to not playing, so how could we miss them?

2) If he wanted to play but didn't give his all, would he score that many? Probably not. In which case, Lambert would be more inclined to drop him and play someone else instead.

3) If Benteke plays well and continues to score plenty he goes to the World Cup and puts himself in the shop window of all the big clubs in the World and could get himself an even better move, which is what most would do if a previously interested club didn't stump up the right money for us.

Basically, Benteke either leaves on our terms, stays and plays up - jeopardising his future career and international ambitions, or, he stays and gives us his all in the hope of interesting a club willing to pay his price tag after the World Cup.

Villa are in a much stronger position than you give us credit for!

• Like 2

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-christian-benteke-hopes-2055336

Christian Benteke wants Spurs to step up their pursuit of him - because he doesn't want to go back to Aston Villa this week.

Belgium striker Benteke, who smashed 23 goals to save Villa from relegation last term in his debut season of English football, slapped in a transfer request last week.

And the marksman is determined to move to the White Hart Lane club - where he has been promised a regular start by the Europa League-bound Londoners in a World Cup year.

Benteke is due back at Villa on Thursday after being omitted from their pre-season tour to Germany following crunch talks with boss Paul Lambert.

The forward is currently back home in Belgium and is anxious for Tottenham to table an offer soon.

Spurs are set to make an opening £20million bid, but the Villans are holding out for £25m.

Benteke will reluctantly return to the Midlands if necessary, as he doesn't want to be fined and lose any of his £20,000-a-week salary.

He is also mindful he needs to get in shape ahead of the new Premier League campaign, regardless of who he ends up playing for.

But the star and his agent are hopeful the two clubs can agree a fee this week to avoid him having to return to the Midlands.

If no compromise can be reached, Benteke - who went on strike at his then-club Genk last August to force through an £8m move to Villa.- may take more drastic action.

Spurs are offering to more than triple the 22-year-old's salary to over £60,000-a-week and have blown Villa's new contract offer out of the water.

Meanwhile, Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood has commited to a new four-year contract that ties him to the club until 2017

He's obviously easily influenced by idiots. Wasn't he hanging out in Vegas in June with the likes of Ireland, Nasri and Huddlestone. Seriously, wherever he ends up, he needs to get some better friends.

What's wrong with Huddlestone?

How long have you got

I've got all night. Now please answer the question, has he done something I don't know about.

If the above reports are true he really is a rocket polisher

He cannot wait to get out of this club

I hope Lambert makes it clear that if he goes it will be on our terms and not his meaning he will only be allowed to go should an acceptable offer be made

Not the 20 mill thats being touted around thats for sure

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

This saga is a fantastic example of a few things:

Greed

Lack of Loyalty

Fan insanity

The media making stories out of thin air

No wonder the Premier League is worth so much money.

Edited by b23avfc
  • Like 2

Spurs and Levy really are a devious cockroaches, you have both Benteke and Nacer Chadli both saying they want to go there after obviously being tapped up and yet Spurs have still not formally made offers for either.Benteke with his TR especially has been made to look a right pillock now, just like Barry was when Liverpool told him they wanted him when they didn't have the funds.

Something is only worth what people are prepared to play. There are plenty of clubs willing to pay bentekke 70kpw - sadly we aint one of them 

OK. so on that what is Bent on at the moment, sitting there warming a bench. It really is time to put this Benteke thing to bed. We will never know what he earns PW / or if he is sold what he is earning PW or what he sold for, apart from what the media tells us, the club will never disclose these figures to the fans until the end of the finacial year and even then???

My favourite giveaway on the fact they know nothing is the price tags that get thrown around.

E.g "40mil price tag slapped on Villa to keep Benteke" then its "25mil", then apparently Spurs are bidding "20mil next week".

I bet Spurs don't even make a bid for him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfers-christian-benteke-hopes-2055336

Christian Benteke wants Spurs to step up their pursuit of him - because he doesn't want to go back to Aston Villa this week.

Belgium striker Benteke, who smashed 23 goals to save Villa from relegation last term in his debut season of English football, slapped in a transfer request last week.

And the marksman is determined to move to the White Hart Lane club - where he has been promised a regular start by the Europa League-bound Londoners in a World Cup year.

Benteke is due back at Villa on Thursday after being omitted from their pre-season tour to Germany following crunch talks with boss Paul Lambert.

The forward is currently back home in Belgium and is anxious for Tottenham to table an offer soon.

Spurs are set to make an opening £20million bid, but the Villans are holding out for £25m.

Benteke will reluctantly return to the Midlands if necessary, as he doesn't want to be fined and lose any of his £20,000-a-week salary.

He is also mindful he needs to get in shape ahead of the new Premier League campaign, regardless of who he ends up playing for.

But the star and his agent are hopeful the two clubs can agree a fee this week to avoid him having to return to the Midlands.

If no compromise can be reached, Benteke - who went on strike at his then-club Genk last August to force through an £8m move to Villa.- may take more drastic action.

Spurs are offering to more than triple the 22-year-old's salary to over £60,000-a-week and have blown Villa's new contract offer out of the water.

Meanwhile, Villa midfielder Ashley Westwood has commited to a new four-year contract that ties him to the club until 2017

Rather hear it from the Express and Star than the Mirror.

Â