Christian Benteke

Kwan

F U Benteke

Let him rot in the reserves until late november... That will hive him time to decide of he wants to Do the job he is payed to do, or ruin his reputation as a professional footballer forever. I remember i doubted him when we got him because of the way he left Genk. I, as a club, wouldnt touch him if he were to do the same 11 months later!

Again, F U benteke and congratulations on **** up my respect for you as a footballer.

What he shows is just spiteful, the impression i get is that he dont leave for money, but that he dont think Villa are a good enough Club for him. I completely trust Lambert to have the balls to handle this.

For the last time, **** YOU BENTEKE, i will never chug a beer to your goals again.

I think he and his agent are going to be made an example of by Villa - and the football community at large will be delighted.

• Like 1

How about **** off?

Try sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly: it's a convenient avoidance mechanism when it comes to points of view that you don't wish to contemplate.

Hmmm.  You've let your secret out.

Of course the Spurs fans are going to come on here and say "yea we'll get him for 10m cos we're the best club since sliced bread" fans are bound to say that. We obviously can see they're deluded!

Benteke will not go for less than 25m. 

How about **** off?

Try sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly: it's a convenient avoidance mechanism when it comes to points of view that you don't wish to contemplate.

Is that what you do when people remind all Spurs fans that you are constantly living in the shadows of your more successful neighbours? 

This further clarifies my thinking re. the Benteke situation.

Care to share what your thinking is? I am sure we could all do with a chuckle.

Sure. I've managed to establish some important facts ... at least some of which seem previously to have been lost or ignored in this thread:

1) That the supposed £25m min. valuation figure (and anything higher) comes simply from media reports - not a very reliable source of information when it comes to transfer stories.

2) That Downing handed in a transfer request. This resulted in him being sold despite the Villa manager having previously stated that he was not for sale and he would not be leaving Villa in the summer concerned.

This leads me to think that Benteke's sale to Spurs, for less than £25m, is not as impossible as most VTers profess to believe.

I've also been thinking about the some of your other high profile sales:

* Villa refused to sell Barry to Liverpool because the club's 18m valuation wasn't met. But then the club lost 50% of that price when he was sold to City for 12m a year later.

* Downing's 20m price tag was paid by Liverpool during a time that club were still deep in their much-regretted phase of paying crazy prices for players left, right and centre (pace Henderson, Carroll etc).

* Milner was sold for 20.5m (when Ireland's valuation was taken in account) to moneybags city.

* Young was sold for somewhere between 15 - 20m, again to a very wealthy club.

From this I conclude that Villa's "high-price" and "tough" negotiating stance is perhaps not quite all that it's cracked up to be ... and that when it comes to a player (Benteke) who has handed in a transfer request - and a player for whom no sign of a bidding war is emerging (at least not involving any clubs that Benteke is willing to sign for) - all talk of £25m+ is perhaps actually based on not much more than wishful thinking.

My thoughts can be greeted with hoots of derision if you wish, but at least I have based them on some actual facts, rather than mere Villa-biased assertion.

You only put a price on something you are willing to sell...

How about **** off?

I think you've shown on many occasions that discussing anything football related with you is a pointless exercise

My thoughts can be greeted with hoots of derision if you wish, but at least I have based them on some actual facts, rather than mere Villa-biased assertion.

Villa are not going to sell their best player at a considerable discount to their direct competitor. 

That's the only fact you need to know.

If you want to buy a player who is actually going to be sold at a considerable discount to what he's really worth, Barry Bannan's your man. You lack quality short, attacking midfielders since you sold Modric for far more money than he was worth. 

• Like 2

So funny reading the deluded assumptions of these clueless words removed.

And even funnier still is that the one man in their one man team will be gone as quick as you can say he's staying at spurs.

Spurs won't pay the asking price. It's going to be Gareth Barry all over again.

Good that means we get him for another season :)

That is looking quite a likely outcome at the moment.

Going to be an interesting few weeks. I think Arsenal may yet come in and perhaps a few other clubs will take a look.

I, as a club, wouldnt touch him if he were to do the same 11 months later!

2733320158_76acfecc1a.jpg

He likes to dunk you guys in a cup of tea, so I know he's going to be furious at his agent now.

Every Spurs fan I know is patronising, the only abuse I got during our bad run, other from a Chelsea fan, was from a Spurs fan who text me EVERY SINGLE TIME we lost.

They have this belief that they are above all else and that teams should be so delighted to hand players over to them.

They are a bit like SHA and their situation in relation to a superior Villa.

For as long as football has been on this planet they have been playing second fiddle to Arsenal and the only way for them to deal with their obvious inferiority is to pretend they are a 'Billy Big Bollocks' club.

Edited by pacbuddies

On the Benteke thing then I think that Villa need to decide what price they think he's worth. If it's truly £25m, if they think he'll be worth than that next year, and will add a lot to the side in the mean-time then they should hang on to him. Personally having watched him a few times I wouldn't value him anywhere near that highly, and I'd be surprised if other clubs do either,

I stopped here.

Me too.

Believe me, Benteke is worth £25m. He is defiantly worth that to Villa at the moment, and was worth it last season. I genuinely think he will be in the top 5 forwards in the world at 26, and could be worth £50m plus IF he knuckles down because he is occasionally too casual - he has everything in his locker except self belief, and that will only come with game time in a lesser club.

Benteke hasn't actually stated he's unhappy at Villa, let's not forget that. He just simply would like to move to a club in a better position then we are currently and who's in London.

And he said this when?

Benteke hasn't actually stated he's unhappy at Villa, let's not forget that. He just simply would like to move to a club in a better position then we are currently and who's in London.

And he said this when?

If you believe the media, of course.

Villa are not going to sell their best player at a considerable discount to their direct competitor. 

That's the only fact you need to know.

If you want to buy a player who is actually going to be sold at a considerable discount to what he's really worth, Barry Bannan's your man. You lack quality short, attacking midfielders since you sold Modric for far more money than he was worth. 

Yes - Bannan's your man. Absolute World Class. His free kicks & corners are a million times better than Bale. He is a real driving force in the centre of the park. Great in the tackle. Has over 50 assists to his game this season & is exemplary off the pitch.

We realise now that you are just trying to unsettle Benteke because your real target is Bannan.

Now I see why they call you the crafty cockney's.

Okay, we give in. So be it, have your compromise.

Bannan it is then £10M

His transfer request will be in first thing tomorrow morning.

ps - great doin' business with you me old cocker sparra' ;)

Â