Christian Benteke

Kwan

What if the player goes on strike? Let him go on strike for 3 years with no pay and see how that works!

It wouldn't happen. The PFA would step in as they have done before. It's one more reason that this would not be Lerner's fault. All the club can do now is show Benteke that they are willing to sell, in the hope that if no-one comes in, no bridges will have been burned and he might play to his potential.

If Lerner allows Benteke to leave after just one year into a four year contract then it proves that he has not learnt anything about being a successful owner in the Premier League. After 3 seasons of relegation shit it looked slightly promising but to sell Benteke now would just show that Villa have no ambition and I am glad that after 7 years I have decided not to waste any more money on this club with 2 season tickets costing over £1000. I will put my money to better use in future.

What is he supposed to do though? The player doesn't want to be here.

He could grow some balls and tough it out. I am betting Lerner's pockets are deeper than Benteke's!

So if the player goes on strike, then what? Leave him on the bench like everyone else is saying? What good is that going to do? He don't want to play for us anymore. Get rid and get someone who gives a ****.

If Lerner allows Benteke to leave after just one year into a four year contract then it proves that he has not learnt anything about being a successful owner in the Premier League. After 3 seasons of relegation shit it looked slightly promising but to sell Benteke now would just show that Villa have no ambition and I am glad that after 7 years I have decided not to waste any more money on this club with 2 season tickets costing over £1000. I will put my money to better use in future.

Yeah thats right, play him at gun point. Get the highest fee is only thing possible.

What was promising? Finishing 15th after barely scraping away from relegation, or cutting costs at every corner, signalling to everyone that we will not pay high wages or compete with the top 10 financially?

what is this about delph texting Benteke and Lukau Lukau to congratulate them about playing together next season?

I hope he goes to Chelsea over Spurs any day, although be better he f*cks off abroad so I don't ever have to see his Mike Tyson face every again. 

What if the player goes on strike? Let him go on strike for 3 years with no pay and see how that works!

It wouldn't happen. The PFA would step in as they have done before. It's one more reason that this would not be Lerner's fault. All the club can do now is show Benteke that they are willing to sell, in the hope that if no-one comes in, no bridges will have been burned and he might play to his potential.

He would need a legitimate grievance to go on strike and get the support of a union. He can't just say 'I don't want to be here anymore'. That's not how it works!

He could grow some balls and tough it out. I am betting Lerner's pockets are deeper than Benteke's!

He's been hammered over the past three years for his financial mismanagement of the club - leading us to three relegation battles in a row. Now you expect him to have learnt from that and to piss away his latest asset's value by keeping him here against his will instead of cashing in now when he's in demand and can command a huge fee?

It will stick in the throat if he goes to Spurs now- a big club that hasnt won the title in half a century, and havent come in the top 3 in nearly a quarter of one. They are not a bigger club than us, but their fans are prepared to pay 70 quid for a ticket. Hence why they can afford to get players like Benteke on 100k a week. But hey. thats the premier league for you. And its only going to get worse with the new tv deal coming in. I wonder how long it will before Lambert gets disillusioned with it all? Or I suppose if he does well for us next year if would go as well?

So if the player goes on strike, then what? Leave him on the bench like everyone else is saying? What good is that going to do? He don't want to play for us anymore. Get rid and get someone who gives a ****.

For the 20k a week he's on the risk can be taken call his bluff

He's gone all in with this transfer request it could cost him his WC spot

Like people previously know Bent was on our bench all of last season earning 3 times what he earns

The line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise we will get nowhere lets hope we stay up next season without any of our other star potential players having a stormer otherwise we will probably lose them as well im talking about Westwood Lowton e.t.c

Rediculous money or he stays imo

Edited by AshVilla

He would need a legitimate grievance to go on strike and get the support of a union. He can't just say 'I don't want to be here anymore'. That's not how it works!

You can make those up though. Like claiming he is being priced out of a move. Basically there is no scenario that I can see where Christian Benteke spends the next 3 years of his career training with our reserves and not playing senior football. No matter how wrong he is in all of it. It would be 'resolved'.

Aside from Chelsea and Man City

Every prem side is forced to sell off their best players, even Arsenal had to do it with Van Persie and Manure had to do it with Ronaldo. Such is the power of players and their cANT agents

Benteke's sale has nothing to do with mismanagement or ambition and the money will be reinvested, but the fact is we could not afford the wages of a player that cost 25 mil which is why we won't go down that route. 10/15 mil maybe.

Like people previously know Bent was on our bench all of last season earning 3 times what he earns

The line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise we will get nowhere lets hope we stay up next season without any of our other star potential players having a stormer otherwise we will probably lose them as well

We will sell him, it won't end like that.

It's not in our interests to get a reputation for **** over top young players career progression anyway.

He's been hammered over the past three years for his financial mismanagement of the club - leading us to three relegation battles in a row. Now you expect him to have learnt from that and to piss away his latest asset's value by keeping him here against his will instead of cashing in now when he's in demand and can command a huge fee?

You have answered your own question 'his latest asset'.

What highly successful businessman would sell his latest asset for below the market value?

Benteke will become more valuable and to sell now would be like selling all your gold bullion reserve when you know its value per ounce is going to significantly increase in 12 months.

• Like 1

Lambert get disillusioned with losing players and leave? Where would Lambert go? Who don't lose their players?

Spurs? Berbatov, Modric, Bale?

Arsenal? Nasri, Fabregas, RVP?

Man United? Ronaldo? Rooney?

Not to mention the fact United, Chelsea and Man City wouldn't take him for years yet anyway. Arsenal will go abroad and so will Spurs..?

Dortmund? Götze, Lewandowski, Kagawa...

Losing players is a part of football, if your going to make a career out of football you had better be used to losing players or you may as well just give up.

Stupid post.

The line has to be drawn somewhere otherwise we will get nowhere lets hope we stay up next season without any of our other star potential players having a stormer otherwise we will probably lose them as well

We will sell him, it won't end like that.

It's not in our interests to get a reputation for **** over top young players career progression anyway.

I agree it won't i just think it just sucks what football is like nowadays

I would say to any club interested to **** off and don't call me until you are willing to offer the fee I want for him and make sure its before the first game of the season! I would say to Benteke and his agent your going niwhere unless our valuation is met! You can strike or try and upset the dressing room but if you do we will then be well within our rights to let you rot in the reserves, so my advice to you is to be proffessional get on with your job and work hard for the team like you did last season and let us and your agent handle the transfer business.

What if the player goes on strike as he has done before. Should Lerner still ignore his £25m+ transfer value?

So not only do we lose Benteke by him not playing we also lose the £25m he is worth. Tell me about some more ideas you have?

• Like 1

Ireland was one isolated incident. A player with a reputation of being a tool, with pink rimmed Range Rovers and a **** up haircut. There is nothing to learn from the Ireland-transfer, other than doing your due diligence when buying any player. Every manager make bad transfers, from Mourinho to Ferguson and Lambert. You said a few posts up that "if you are not good enough for Tottenham, you are not good enough for Aston Villa". That makes no sense at all, most of their players are too good for us and most of their reserves probably are good enough for our squad as well. Some of the players in their midfield who don't play much, would be absolute stars in our team.

Nonsense.

Ignore the reputation and the "star dust" that playing for Spurs sprinkles over them. Villa are aiming for the league position higher than Spurs. If they don't want a player, we don't want him.

When I use the phrase "star dust" I actually mean "raw sewage."

You are aware that we have been in the bottom 5 the last few season whilst Spurs have been in the top 5 arn't you?

There are a number of their players who would be in the fringe of their squad who would walk into ours.

you are aware this is a guy with a photo of Bannan as his profile pic and rates Bannan as something between Iniesta and Xavi :D

You can make those up though. Like claiming he is being priced out of a move. Basically there is no scenario that I can see where Christian Benteke spends the next 3 years of his career training with our reserves and not playing senior football. No matter how wrong he is in all of it. It would be 'resolved'.

Yep - as I said a while back - if he wants to go he can. In strict legal terms we could refuse to sell and play him in the reserves - in practice we just have to hold out for the best fee - can see this going to the wire.

Players are just employees. They should not be permitted to hold the club to ransom. Let him play or let him rot in the reserves. Teach him and all that follow with his attitude that being a sulky bastard doesn't pay!

Â