Christian Benteke

Kwan

These things are only ever a disaster if you piss the money received up the wall. This is one of the few occassions I'm fairly confident in us not doing so.

Cheers for helping keep us up tekkers but I'll be drinking to the difficult second season striker syndrome if it's all the same to you.

Edited by flamingsombrero

Gutted.

Lets see what Lerner's plan really is then and how much Lambert is given to replace him.

Yeah, the only thing that worries me is how much he might get from Lerner. 

Downing and Young = N'Zogbia as a replacement (for example).

Brian Doogan, head if Media has said the following:

'In response to reports Benteke has not travelled 2 Germany with the Club and has made a transfer request, both are accurate, for clarity’s sake, however, he had already been given extra time off until July 18 & was reminded there are 3yrs remaining on his contract, we consider him to be a Villa player & expect he'll be with us for the 2013-14 season. Having received transfer request, we've also informed him that should we receive offer within appropriate time frame during preseason that meets valuation we would act upon it. But he'll remain a Villa player should this not happen. Villa manager PL said “While we’re hugely disappointed Christian has put in a transfer request, its important people appreciate we're trying build something strong vibrant at Villa, something Club demands&stands for & we want CB part of it.”

Took from Proud to be a Villan Facebook

Edited by juanpabloingram
  • Like 1

Sell him to Chelsea and get £20m + Lukaku. I'd be **** chuffed.

With you there.

Spurs 100% going to offer Adebayor and £10m, if this is the case I hope Bale suffers an injury to **** up their season.

I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm not. In fact the most surprising thing for me about this whole thing is that Julie B and her ITK network hadn't broken this news early. 

If he goes to Spurs for £20m I'll be pretty pissed. If we can get upwards of £25m for him that is an ok deal, as long as Lambert is allowed to reinvest it once Ireland and Given are off the books.

I'd be happy with £25m + Lukaku on loan for a season from Chelsea though.

Why do we call footballers mercenaries though? They aren't fighting to the death or disregarding loyalty to their country. I think it's really stupid to compare football to war and act like if a player wants money then hes a "mercenary." Its a job, most people want to go the place that pays them the most money or has more prestige, etc. 

That said, it's fairly disappointing that he wants to leave already. Still a great player though and shouldn't have a problem getting into whatever new side he goes to. He'll keep getting better as well. 

Lambert having another 25 million pounds to spend though could be quite interesting, Maybe it'll all work out for the best. 

Edit: I also appear to obssessively use the word though.

Edited by Rovers13

Villa have now confirmed that Benteke has asked to leave the club, but have rejected claims the powerful forward refused to travel on the pre-season trip to Germany.

A club statement read: "In response to reports that Christian Benteke has not travelled to Germany with the club and has made a transfer request, we can confirm that both are accurate.

"For clarity's sake, however, he had already been given extra time off until July 18 and was reminded that there are three years remaining on his contract.

"We consider him to be a Villa player and expect that he will be with us for the 2013-14 season.

"Having received his transfer request, we have also informed him that should we receive an offer within an appropriate timeframe during pre-season which meets our valuation we would act upon it. But he will remain a Villa player should this not happen."

Villa manager Paul Lambert has expressed his disappointment at Benteke's request, but remains hopeful that the player will stay at the club.

Lambert said: "While we're hugely disappointed that Christian has put in a transfer request, it's important that people appreciate we are trying to build something strong and vibrant here at the club, something this club demands and stands for, and we want Christian to be part of that."

Sky Sports News

Â