Christian Benteke

Kwan

Perhaps the thinking is that by releasing this story now, the seed has been planted and Benteke will become unsettled. Then, when they do come in for him, he'll want to leave and try and force a move like he did with Genk and we will just bend over and let him go since it's near the end of the window and we'll snap their hands off.

I hope we severely disappoint them. We don't really need to sell and hopefully Benteke won't strop and will still be professional if we end up having to force him to stay. Reminding him that there is a World Cup around the corner should strengthen our position. I don't dislike Levy really, he's very shrewd, and if we had him doing that kind of thing for us then we'd absolutely love him. That being said, I don't want to deal with Spurs with transfers in or out since, in recent times, we seem to get the raw end of the deal.

Edited by Ginko

I think he will go and I think he will go for around £20m, not what people want to hear or want to believe but that is what I think will happen.

Unless you'be heard something in which case I'd question your source, I believe your opinion to be uncharacteristically way off. You can say what you like and it shouldn't upset anyone because it's a bit mental to suggest we'd move him for such an amount. Especially with three years still to play on his contract.  

I think he will go and I think he will go for around £20m, not what people want to hear or want to believe but that is what I think will happen.

Unless you'be heard something in which case I'd question your source, I believe your opinion to be uncharacteristically way off. You can say what you like and it shouldn't upset anyone because it's a bit mental to suggest we'd move him for such an amount. Especially with three years still to play on his contract.  

So you say it shouldn't upset anyone but in the same breath call my opinion a bit mental :)

I don't expect people to agree with me, doesn't detract from the fact I think it is what will happen.

We will see what happens I guess.

One thing that myself and a few mates were discussing in the pub the other night - as far as his wages go, shouldn't we be offering him at least £60k/£70k per week if we are valuing him at £25m+?

Surely it's not right for us to value him so highly that we demand that sort of transfer fee, if we are only going to offer £40k per week for example?

We don't even need to offer him a payrise, we could keep him if we wanted.

If he starts acting up, just threaten playing him in the reserves during the WC year

Plus, he's only on £20k a week, it's not like we're paying millions to a reserve player

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

I don't read any of the red tops so am pretty oblivious to the stories they peddle.

From where I sit we will hold on to him for another year of his contract and sell when he has 2 years left. It makes the most sense based on all the factors.

I'll just ignore it as it is only your opinion based on nothing.

I don't read any of the red tops so am pretty oblivious to the stories they peddle.

From where I sit we will hold on to him for another year of his contract and sell when he has 2 years left. It makes the most sense based on all the factors.

This is what I think we should do.There is much talk of improving the terms he is on but we should not increase his base contract. We should only increase the incentive terms, if that is appropriate.

If he performs he can still earn himself a shitload more but if he decides to throw a strop we can play hardball and toss him in the reserves.

If we sell him for 20m i'd be fuming. 

Why?

Because I suspect he will want to go and I doubt our ability to secure his actual worth.

One thing that myself and a few mates were discussing in the pub the other night - as far as his wages go, shouldn't we be offering him at least £60k/£70k per week if we are valuing him at £25m+?

Surely it's not right for us to value him so highly that we demand that sort of transfer fee, if we are only going to offer £40k per week for example?

My guess is that he can have £60k per week if he signs for another 5 or 6 years. If he only extends by 1, he can have £30-40k. If we give more, he has to offer more.

Why?

Because I suspect he will want to go and I doubt our ability to secure his actual worth.

Hate to do this but, why?

Just as a thought - is he worth £55k a week?

If the answer is yes - we could just keep him and let him go for nothing in three years time. His current wage plus the transfer fee we paid for him would cost about that. 

Now I know it wouldn't happen, the player and his agent would go mental at the idea - but technically, if we wanted to, we could do that. If the player is unhappy, for this summer at least, not our problem. If the other club doesn't have the money, for this summer at least, that's not our problem.

We're actually in an incredibly strong position because his current salary is so low that even keeping an unhappy player wouldn't do us much financial harm - the only thing on the other side of the scale is the players unhappiness, and I can't see him cocking up his career for it.

Â