Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Does that apply to Lescott, Richards and Gabby as well? 

Like i said no player should be given abuse if they put in a good performance whether thats bacuna or the players you have highlighted.

Bacuna was tracking back getting stuck in. Ayew was non existant in his defensive duties

• Like 2

He looked dangerous second half after a first half in which he offered nothing, I see him as being a squad player in the future but that's purely based on todays game cus if I judged him on last season I wouldn't want him anywhere near the squad. 

Rubbish first half, much better second until what looks like abuse from our own fans, and seemed to shrink.

We may travel in numbers, and it may be very frustrating doing so, but we don't help ourselves sometimes.

Having said that, he wouldn't have been starting if I were picking the team.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Like i said no player should be given abuse if they put in a good performance whether thats bacuna or the players you have highlighted.

Bacuna was tracking back getting stuck in. Ayew was non existant in his defensive duties

I wasn't having a pop, but he's known as one of the main protagonists of the poisonous attitude running through the club last year. For that reason alone, he needs to be removed (along with the others) as its the only way the club can heal itself. IMO 

If he plays well im happy for him to play for Villa, he wasn't the only contributor last season it was the whole team,  forgive and forget, leave last season exactly where it is, the past.

he did well today despite all the abuse he was getting which I'm sure he definitely heard! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I wasn't having a pop, but he's known as one of the main protagonists of the poisonous attitude running through the club last year. For that reason alone, he needs to be removed (along with the others) as its the only way the club can heal itself. IMO 

Yeah mate i know you wasnt no worries 

I agree they need to go but while they are hear they shouldn't be getting dogs balls at them if they perform well. I tjought bacuna was good 2nd half. Worked very hard

• Like 1

Not enough quality IMO. Had a dreadful start, but improved second half. Nevertheless he should never, ever start in a Villa shirt again. He's OK to bring on when we're 3 nil up with 10 to go (and that's at a push).

Edited by Supervillan78

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Really? What evidence is out there for that? Everyone was shit last season so why is Bacuna any more responsible?

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Really? What evidence is out there for that? Everyone was shit last season so why is Bacuna any more responsible?

He was one of the 5 players cited by Collymore and I think its fair to assume that he had sources at the club. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Oh, well if Stan Collymore says so...

I think he would have more of an idea than the average fan and I don't see what benefit he would get from making it up? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Played well today. :ph34r:

Invisible all first half, but in the 2nd half when he knew he could be subbed, he picked up his game. Still is one of the best crossers we have and if Gestede is starting Bacuna should be on the pitch. Probably at right back though.

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I would love him to score a few because until he does anything significant the fans are going to be against him.

It's a shame because he showed a lot more willingness and desire today than he did last season..

Going to take more than desire to make up for a lack of quality and being a hated player from last year. 

Is he really worth trying to win the crowd over? Let's be honest we should be aiming for better. 

I'd have grealish or green in ahead of him any day. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Going to take more than desire to make up for a lack of quality and being a hated player from last year. 

Is he really worth trying to win the crowd over? Let's be honest we should be aiming for better. 

I'd have grealish or green in ahead of him any day. 

Well what's the point of supporting our team if he starts then?

Backwards mentality..

How can we expect our team to perform well when despite his hard work and desire he going to get booed or abused?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think he would have more of an idea than the average fan and I don't see what benefit he would get from making it up? 

So all of this is about Bacuna posting a photo of himself sunbathing on instagram?