Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

Just remember, that for every goal, he has probably missed a chance or two as well. joy :)

Well, I remember a certain England international saying once that HE missed a lot more than he could have scored, despite scoring some of the most explosive long range goals in memory.....its just no-one remembers the misses. Or words to that effect.

Just remember, that for every goal, he has probably missed a chance or two as well. joy :)

Well, I remember a certain England international saying once that HE missed a lot more than he could have scored, despite scoring some of the most explosive long range goals in memory.....its just no-one remembers the misses. Or words to that effect.

& it should be remembered that amongst all the euphoria that Benteke missed plenty this season,including some sitters

Edited by Butterfingers

He may be a bit raw but I'd tell you to go away if you told me Gabby or Andi scored a few goals like those.

No disrespect to them but some of those goals required exquisite technique

He looks technically good, he looks quick and he looks like he can finish.

He might not hit the ground running like Benteke as he doesn't have the same physical attributes but I think he could become a very good player for us.

Am I alone in thinking he is very much like Dennis Bergkamp? Some of those touches & finishes in the video clips are truly sublime. I also see the Tore Andre Flo similarity too mentioned by other posters.

Looks like we have unearthed another real gem & a steal at £1.5 M to boot if that is to be the final reputed figure.

Am loving this window :)

Am I alone in thinking he is very much like Dennis Bergkamp? Some of those touches & finishes in the video clips are truly sublime. I also see the Tore Andre Flo similarity too mentioned by other posters.

Looks like we have unearthed another real gem & a steal at £1.5 M to boot if that is to be the final reputed figure.

A bit much? Possibly.

Possibly not.

As uncool as it would be, let us wait and see. I revel in the wait and discovery.

I'm liking this window so far. Feels like high risk instead of a dull 'safe bet' that seems to back fire on us anyway.

Edited by brommy

I'd be quite excited about him. He looks like he knows where the back of the net is.

I'm guessing Lambert will start the season still favouring the 433/451 so he may have to wait a while for his chance.

I think Tonev and Helenius could be used as rotation options for Gabby & Weimann in the wide roles, so he might not need to wait too long!

The more i watch those vids, the more im convinced that he is Bentekes eventual replacement. I dont think they would compliment each other at all, in that they are very similar. Looks to me we have replaced Benteke early and saving a few quid in the process. 12 months covering Benteke aswell as a few starts in the cups ect, gradually building up his strength and we have a top class player for next to nothing and one whom i think well be a lot better than Benteke!

Lambert really is turning into the messiah in my view. Absolute gem of a deal.

I think if he was Benteke's replacement we would have gone bigger, we'd have gone all out for Cornelius or someone bigger.

This guy hopefully will sign next week and Lambert should get him in the gym in the months coming up to the premier league season.