Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

Thanks for all the info on this forum so far. Will you be sticking around to follow Helenius through the season?

You're welcome. I will, and i might drop by Villa Park when (not if :) ) he is starting for you in a year or two. Villa will probably also become more regular on danish tv, with both Okore and Helenius in the team. Last season we had about 3-5 live matches from each PL-round.

• Like 1

He's not signed yet, however he definitely has the right manager and set-up to bring him through.

That´s true, but Helenius are probably signing the contract in a matter of hours. He should pass the medical without difficulty. Helenius haven´t had a serious injury in years.

Funny side info on Helenius.

I know you are gonna want to make your own song for Helenius of course. But his current one is so absurd I wanted to tell it.

Dont ask me how he got this one, but its sung when he scores.

it goes to the 'y viva espana'

26 seconds into this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7aPp-4z-uw

and the lyrics go 'We love to fight and do cocain... and Niiiiiiiicklas Helenius'

Hah that's brilliant. I hope we incorporate it for match days.

I can see the future now.... a Tonev assist for a Helenius goal. Villa fans end up doing the Poznan whilst singing this.

• Like 1

Welcome to our Danish friends. Are there any other young quality players from Denmark we should be looking at?

Yes there are some very promising young danish players.

Especially the danish under 19 national team is considered a "golden generation". They didn't qualify for the under 19 championship because they lost 2-0 to Portugal last weekend.

However Denmark played better than Portugal despite the danish goalkeeper received a red card after just 5 mins. If they had qualified for the under 19 championship Denmark would certainly be among the favourites.

Many of the danish players are already at clubs such as Chelsea, Fulham, Inter Milano, Bayern Munich and Ajax.

Christian Eriksen, 21, is also a big talent. Eriksen is leaving Ajax this summer. Eriksen have been linked to many top clubs like Milano and Liverpool. It though looks like Eriksen are sold to Dortmund.

Viktor Fischer, 18, is also a very promising talent. Fischer is a regular starter at Ajax and despite beeing very young, he already have played some games for the danish national team.

Welcome to our Danish friends. Are there any other young quality players from Denmark we should be looking at?

Especially the danish under 19 national team is considered a "golden generation". They didn't qualify for the under 19 championship because they lost 2-0 to Portugal last weekend.

However Denmark played better than Portugal despite the danish goalkeeper received a red card after just 5 mins. If they had qualified for the under 19 championship Denmark would certainly be among the favourites.

Many of the danish players are already at clubs such as Chelsea, Fulham, Inter Milano, Bayern Munich and Ajax.

Christian Eriksen, 21, is also a big talent. Eriksen is leaving Ajax this summer. Eriksen have been linked to many top clubs like Milano and Liverpool. It though looks like Eriksen are sold to Dortmund.

Viktor Fischer, 18, is also a very promising talent. Fischer is a regular starter at Ajax and despite beeing very young, he already have played some games for the danish national team.

Is that Rasmus Falk from Odense any good in real life?

Is that Rasmus Falk from Odense any good in real life?

Rasmus Falk is a very talented player in the midfield. Beeing very technically Falk is a key player at Odense BK. However Falk is very fragile. In fact Falk missed the entire spring season due to injury. Falk are very slim and I don't think that he got the strenght to play in England.

• Like 1

'We love to fight and do cocaine... and Niiiiiiiicklas Helenius'

I think that should be adopted immediately

That is possibly one of the funniest football chants I've ever heard. We absolutely must use this if he signs for us. 

I hate fighting and cocaine, but what the hell I sing about an alcoholic getting back on the booze and a player being as fast as sex. 

The very best are already gone at 17:

Andreas Christensen - played with Chelsea 1st team recently in USA.
Pierre-Emil Højbjerg - Youngest ever to play for Bayern in the BL.
Viktor Fischer and Lucas Andersen at Ajax.

Slim pickings in the Danish Superliga...Except for Okore and Helenius. ;)