Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

Welcome to our Danish friends. Are there any other young quality players from Denmark we should be looking at?

As DanishVillan said, not much to choose from.There is Cornelius, who definitely will end up in a bigger league, but seems overpriced.

Rasmus Falk is very fragile and have yet to prove himself. I do not think he will ever be capable of PL, but 7 goals and 6 assists in 4.000 minutes starting 44 of 59 games played, talks for a guy who have yet to prove himself in the Superliga. I see him reaching his top level in Belgium or Holland.

Central midfielder Casper Sloth (21) from AGF might develop into a good player. Decent priced, already 2 caps for the national team. If he plays a solid next season and continues his development, i don't see why he should not be a PL-subject.

Our own Kasper Kusk (21) is also one of the most talented players in the league, got his breakthrough this season. Had trouble scoring this spring, so needs to step up and deliver a good next season. Will be sold next summer (90% certain), Crystal Palace was reportedly interested, but i think he wish to stay for a season, to be ready for the move. Maybe next year Villa?

Here is a little video of Kusk - also with some assists to and from Helenius. Some say he is similar to David Silva, i don't know. But he is good when it works for him, needs to produce a bit more next season. Also see 1.49 and 3.39 for Helenius headers - not a strength, but he got the hang of it at the end of the season :)

Cheers

Welcome to our Danish friends. Are there any other young quality players from Denmark we should be looking at?

Yes there are some very promising young danish players.

Especially the danish under 19 national team is considered a "golden generation". They didn't qualify for the under 19 championship because they lost 2-0 to Portugal last weekend.

Hypothetical question for you Aalborg BK...............How do you think the Danish under 19's would fair against Aston Villa FC under 19's bearing in mind we are the current European Champions at that level?.

Especially the danish under 19 national team is considered a "golden generation". They didn't qualify for the under 19 championship because they lost 2-0 to Portugal last weekend.

Hypothetical question for you Aalborg BK...............How do you think the Danish under 19's would fair against Aston Villa FC under 19's bearing in mind we are the current European Champions at that level?.

Haven't you more or less answered your own question there? ;)

I know it was not for me, but interesting question. I would call it a close match, maybe in favor of Denmark - partly because i don't know your U19 that well. I know you won against Ajax, but they were without the danes Fischer and Lucas Andersen, probably the best players in their "youth" department. The problem being a national team however is, that we are a small nation, so for instance our left and right back as well as goalkeeper is not the best. We have former AaB'er Jacob Laursen in Juventus, but i do not know if he is injured at the moment - he played nextgen playoffs as well, as far as i know. Trains with A-team in Juventus from time to time, plays Primavera normally. But we have DC Anders Christensen, who played against your U19 for chelsea in the final in the NextGen. I don't know who is actually the preferred partner to him in the central defence, but AaB's Jakob Blaabjerg used to play it earlier on. He has already had his senior debut for us. So the defence is the weak part of our team.

In the midfield we have Pierre Emile Hoejbjerg of Bayern Munich, half french so they are probably thinking about him for the national team already now. He has already played in the bundesliga and been on the bench several times. We have Inters Patrick Olsen, also been on the bench for them several times already, not making any debut as of yet - played nextgen-playoff. Both central midfielders. Then there is Lasse Vigen Christensen, playing for Fulham U21 as their youngest player i think. I don't have a clue how good they are in U21? Then we have Christian Nørgaard playing in the Hamburg SV reserves. Both Lasse and Christian are also midfielders, but a bit more attacking players. Then there is Lucas Andersen and Victor Fischer of Ajax. Lucas has played one cap, ready to step up next season - already been on the bench several times. Fischer on the other hand, has already proved his worth scoring 10 goals in 23 games after his debut last season. He will be a star - was not playing against Portugal U19, as he was with the national team. Last but certainly not least we have Kenneth Zohore, as tall as Helenius with at bit more muscles, playing for the Fiorentina reserves.

I do not know who would win, as i do not know your U19-team that much. But i don't think you will be able to top our midfield or attack. Many of these guys are not playing U19 in their clubs and have not for a while. So that could talk for a danish advantage, i don't know if you have any of your U19's playing PL yet? :)

Edited by AaB-Aalborg

I can' wait to see this fella in a villa shirt. In some of the videos he's really class. He can obviously shoot from a distance too!

The new Zlatan Ibrahimovic! ( ;) )

No pressure on the young lad eh :P

I can' wait to see this fella in a villa shirt. In some of the videos he's really class. He can obviously shoot from a distance too!

The new Zlatan Ibrahimovic! ( ;) )

isnt that 9 league titles in last 10 years. Ill take that ;)

Well that´s a very interesting hypothetical question. To be honest I don´t think I can answer it since I haven´t seen Aston Villas Under 19 champions play. It´s very impressive that Aston Villa are current Under 19 European Champions. I don´t know any of the young Aston Villa players, but I can imagine that they must be very talented. They must be in order to win the Next Gen Series. 

If I have to give an answer anyway I must say that I would regard the Danish Under 19 nationalteam as small favourites if they were to play against Aston Villas Under 19 champions. But again it´s only a guess, since I don´t know the quality of the Aston Villa team. 

The danish team is very talented, it´s probably the best danish generation in years. Although Denmark didn´t qualify for the European Under 19 Championship they were very unlucky not doing so. Denmark thrashed the Czech Republic and Bulgaria, but then very unfortunately lost 2-0 to Portugal. Despite the danish goalkeeper was sent off after just 5 minutes Denmark should have won the game. Portugal played at home and got much help from the referee. The red card to the danish keeper was a mistake and Portugal even got 2 wrong penalties (they missed the first penalty).