Jores Okore

Jesperchr

6ft CB hmmm, wouldn't Vestergaard be a better signing? 

Not this again. 6ft is fine for CB.

It may be fine, but 6ft6 is better. 

Why not just sign a couple of 6'9 basketball players?

Hand ball isnt allowed in football, is it? 

Doesn't matter. They're really really tall so they must be better than any 6'0-ish CB right?

Well no, basketball and football couldn't be more different.

Doesn't matter. They're really really tall so they must be better than any 6'0-ish CB right?

You know exactly what I'm getting at here. Your logic is that we should sign CBs based on height and I'm asking why shouldn't we just sign a couple of basketball players? It won't take long to teach them the rules if they don't know them already.

Hmm, six foot-ish pacey Scandinavian central defender who is good with the ball at his feet...

Can he grow a beard?

I was with you until you said good with the ball at his feet, you seem to have forgotten the portable divot that followed the great bearded one around.

Ha!

In fairness, I did mean to add "for a center half". 

You know exactly what I'm getting at here. Your logic is that we should sign CBs based on height and I'm asking why shouldn't we just sign a couple of basketball players? It won't take long to teach them the rules if they don't know them already.

If you must know, then yes a 6'9 basketball player would be a better CB than Barry Bannan. 

id welcome scott dann

To your house? You must be talking about to your house, that is the only logical explanation...
What's with all the Dann hate? He was very good for Birmingham, struggled in his first season at rivers, and had a phenomenal year this year albeit in the championship. But every defender struggled under kean, and outside of the year with jean hes been very good. Edited by Rovers13

If you must know, then yes a 6'9 basketball player would be a better CB than Barry Bannan. 

No shit.

What about a 6'9 basketball player and Jores Okore?

Given our skittish defence and an unwillingness to actually try and head the ball during set pieces last year - I don't care if he's six foot, anyone who's prepared to sprint and launch themselves into a flying header against another player  with zero hesitation  gets my vote. 

• Like 2

Given our skittish defence and an unwillingness to actually try and head the ball during set pieces last year - I don't care if he's six foot, anyone who's prepared to sprint and launch themselves into a flying header against another player  with zero hesitation  gets my vote. 

sounds like you're looking for a short nathan baker...

id welcome scott dann

To your house? You must be talking about to your house, that is the only logical explanation...
What's with all the Dann hate? He was very good for Birmingham, struggled in his first season at rivers, and had a phenomenal year this year albeit in the championship. But every defender struggled under kean, and outside of the year with jean hes been very good.

I think he is shit.

• Like 3

Either way, this kid is on the way up so we would make money on it regardless, I am so certain of that. Only a matter off time before he takes over for Agger in the national squad.

Godwin's Law should be extended beyond Hitler and Nazi's to also include Barry Bannan on VT.

• Like 1

If they are equal in terms of technical ability then you're probably better off with the taller one but height is clearly not the be all and end all. 

Taller centrebacks have more trouble with small, quick technical forwards. Just ask Nathan Baker.

If you have one tall CB it can be an advantage to have one who is slightly shorter alongside him.

Edited by Con

Not to derail the thread but haven't Roger Johnson and Scott Dann amassed 5 relegations in the last 3 years between them? Now that's special.

OnT. Sign Okore. Please. Please. Please.

Not to derail the thread but haven't Roger Johnson and Scott Dann amassed 5 relegations in the last 3 years between them? Now that's special.

Danns managers in those relegation years have been McLeish and Kean. Not sure it's his fault. Anyway, okore seems like a very astute signing, maybe could play some rrb?

Danns managers in those relegation years have been McLeish and Kean. Not sure it's his fault. Anyway, okore seems like a very astute signing, maybe could play some rrb?

I'm sure he likes all kinds of music

Either way, this kid is on the way up so we would make money on it regardless, I am so certain of that. Only a matter off time before he takes over for Agger in the national squad.

Okore have a massive potential. As People have sen in the youtube clips, he's fast, strong and a good friend with the Ball. I'm sure if he comes, and get the same amount of trust as Bennet, he wil adapt to PL rather quickly. But People should be aware, that the differens between the Danish league and the PL, is proberbly the same as Susan Boyle and Kim kardishian... So even if he's Got the talent he Will need some time...

Sorry for my written english, BEST regards from a Danish Villan

Edited by 666avfc
  • Like 2

Â