Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Last info for tonight from my side. Some of you were wondering why the negotiations with Helenius was mentioned/confirmed by AaB and Villa - and not the ones concering Okore. This has to do with the danish stock exchange, where AaB are listed. There are currently some cases in Denmark where information about future sales (of key players) have been leaked before it was confirmed, and later reported to the stock exchange. The clubs involved have recieved fines and warnings, why AaB is probably just ensuring that it does not happen for us. Helenius is were dedicated to joining Villa, so they probably knew they were going to withdraw him from our summer start-up today and allow him to go to Villa for medical this weekend, so they could might as well relase the information. Okore is however playing for FC Nordsjaelland, owned by a "rich" man, and therefore not subject to the stock exchange rules. So simple as that, it is probably not your management that have decided to realase the information.. :)

• Like 3

Villa's £4m bid for Dane star Okore accepted and Midlands side close in on Helenius

By SIMON JONES

PUBLISHED: 18:34 GMT, 12 June 2013 UPDATED: 21:31 GMT, 12 June 2013

Aston Villa have had a £4million bid accepted for FC Nordsjaelland defender Jores Okore. 

The 20-year-old former Chelsea target has been hailed by former Villa defender Martin Laursen as a top talent and is due in Birmingham for a medical over the next 48 hours. 

Okore will link up with Denmark international teammate Nicklas Helenius, the striker from Aalborg who is also due for talks at Villa this weekend. 

article-2340472-1A30441B000005DC-230_634

Incoming: Aston Villa have had a £4million offer accepted for Jores Okore

Helenius has urged his side not to scupper his move by demanding an over-the-top fee.

The 22-year-old, who has been capped twice by Denmark, was the second-highest scorer in the Danish league last season with 16 goals from 33 league games.

Aalborg's new sports director Allan Gaarde has revealed the two clubs have yet to reach a compromise on the fee following an initial round of talks, although they are closing in.

article-2340472-1A435079000005DC-238_634

Hitman Helenius: The Dane, right, shields the ball from Jordi Amat of Spain

'We had a long debate, but we've not quite agreed,' said Gaarde, speaking to Nordjskye.

'However, we are close, so we have given Nicklas permission to travel to Birmingham at the weekend and look at the situation.'

Addressing the talks between the two clubs, Helenius said: 'I hope AaB will show enough co-operation and not demand too much money for me.

'The market is not ready for big transfers at the moment.

'I have already secured the club a lot of money through my goals, and I am on my first professional contract, so I am not making an awful lot of money.'

article-2340472-1A435090000005DC-112_634

Firepower: Helenius finished as the second-highest scorer in the Danish League last season

Given manager Paul Lambert's policy of letting young players make a name for themselves, Helenius is naturally eager to join the club.

'Aston Villa is a very exciting club known to use young players,' added Helenius.

'I therefore think the club will be taking me to England and letting me play. I do not want to come to England to sit on the bench.'

If a deal can be ironed out, Helenius would become Lambert's second acquisition this summer following the recent capture of Aleksander Tonev from Lech Poznan.

Lambert is also understood to be closing in on a move for another Denmark international in 20-year-old Ivorian-born centre-back Jores Okore who currently plays for Nordsjaelland.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2340472/Aston-Villa-4m-bid-Jores-Okore-accepted-close-Nicklas-Helenius.html#ixzz2W2cYwvIL 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Very excited about this transfer. There a great differences between Lambert and previous managers. Hopefully Okore will be a massive success but this is much more promising compared to when we spent £8m on Curtis Davies who had similar experience.

Hooray for us finally extending our scope for signings.

Very exciting signing, probably more so than the link to Hellenius.

But it rings the same old bells as last season. We are not signing a player that is going to make us better instantly. People in the other thread were talking about good riddance to Bent since the new striker was coming in. Well, I beg to differ, with Hellnius in and Bent out we would be worse off next season. Sure we have Benteke, but we always have to plan for the worst-case scenario in terms of form and injuries. I very much doubt Hellenius would make a much bigger impression than let's say Bowery in the Prem 2013/14. Likewise, trade Bowery to the poor Danish league and he would score lots of goals.

I love it that we sign talented youth, but I also know that we are not going to become much better if we field the same team only with a few new faces like these two. Thinking long-term is very sound in terms of the financial aspect, but football is always about now and the next season, so I would hope that we also got a few more players with ability to make us better right now. Sure people can mention Benteke and hope that every signing is going to be as good as him, but frankly speaking that is naive. He is a one-off and 90% of all players in the same "unknown talent from abroad"-bracket would need much more time to settle in.

Not going to be too concerned though, I like that we are acting swiftly in the market :)

I very much doubt Bowery would have achieved anything near the level Hellenius has given Bowery's distinctly average/poor record in League two. In fact, I'm still bemused as to why we signed him.

Hard to say weaker off, because Hellenius looks a far more like for like replacement for Benteke so fits into the team and way we will play more naturally. 

Anyway onto Okore, looks a real talent and would be an absolutely fantastic signing if we can make it happen. Very comfortable with the ball and very quick and powerful which probably suits us with the way we tend to play fairly high defensively.

Get these two and a couple more like left back and central midfielder and we'll be flying.

Its all looking rather positive at the Villa now... Remember when we used to sit with our thumbs up our asses waiting for the last few days of the transfer window before seeing any new signings? and they were mostly British and usually overpriced because they had to be people that had 'premier league experience'? Yeah, so do I... No more though... Lambert is pulling in players with something to prove and with value for money too... Very exciting times to be a Villa fan... I love it! UTV!!!!

Very exciting signing, probably more so than the link to Hellenius.

But it rings the same old bells as last season. We are not signing a player that is going to make us better instantly. People in the other thread were talking about good riddance to Bent since the new striker was coming in. Well, I beg to differ, with Hellnius in and Bent out we would be worse off next season. Sure we have Benteke, but we always have to plan for the worst-case scenario in terms of form and injuries. I very much doubt Hellenius would make a much bigger impression than let's say Bowery in the Prem 2013/14. Likewise, trade Bowery to the poor Danish league and he would score lots of goals.

I love it that we sign talented youth, but I also know that we are not going to become much better if we field the same team only with a few new faces like these two. Thinking long-term is very sound in terms of the financial aspect, but football is always about now and the next season, so I would hope that we also got a few more players with ability to make us better right now. Sure people can mention Benteke and hope that every signing is going to be as good as him, but frankly speaking that is naive. He is a one-off and 90% of all players in the same "unknown talent from abroad"-bracket would need much more time to settle in.

Not going to be too concerned though, I like that we are acting swiftly in the market :)

Great post. I do agree football is about the here and now. Whilst the players we are signing look to have great potential - we escaped relegation by a whisker last season - we need players to bolster us up instantly if we aren't to start next season on the back foot.

Whilst these signings look to have great potential, I still think we will struggle at the lower end next season

I love that promising young players across Europe realise that Aston Villa is an exciting place for them to be, and Paul Lambert seems to really know his onions about world football too - at all sorts of levels.

Â