Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 8m

Re: Belhanda. He is finalising a move with a club tonight, early tomorrow. Trying to get confirmation as to who. More to follow. #MHSC

Hopefully this will be an end to it tomorrow.

I will be amazed if that club is Aston Villa.

It's anything but clear as day. If anything there are seemingly more ITK's suggesting there is something in this than not......

We can only wait and see.

Logically there would surely be a low number of real ITKs? In that case the fact there are many ITKs who say there is something in it makes me think all the bullshitters are copying each other, swirling up a whirlwind of ITK shit that spins, grows, and picks up more bullshitter ITK.

Realistically there might be no true ITKs. But there are a couple who do seem to know things, like MOMS (they knew about steer weeks ago) and they have said nothing about Belhanda. 

Twitter is obscene for the retweeting of nonsense and by its very nature, with the hashtag thing, one bullshit story can be exposed to everyone interested in a second. ITK twitter isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Edited by praisedmambo

Reading between the lines of everything that has been "leaked out" or reported, i have a feeling we were in for him. We made an offer regarding terms but his demands outstretch ours. The offer remains on the table but in the meantime, weve gone to other targets.

Its not the first time we have took this stance.

You are either in it for the Football which is fine, or to see what you can fleece out of it, in which case you can sod off!

Reading between the lines of everything that has been "leaked out" or reported, i have a feeling we were in for him. We made an offer regarding terms but his demands outstretch ours. The offer remains on the table but in the meantime, weve gone to other targets.

Its not the first time we have took this stance.

You are either in it for the Football which is fine, or to see what you can fleece out of it, in which case you can sod off!

This, or just as likely, that as soon as the player or chairman leaked details of our "interest" we backed out and we moved on to other targets. Didn't something like this supposedly last year when the player said something on Facebook.

The only thing really keeping this thing alive for me is the fact that the player himself has set he has the opportunity to play in the premier league.

Now if a club like arsenal had bid, there's no

Chance that their chairman would have kept it quiet. Who else from the premier league would have bid?

The only thing really keeping this thing alive for me is the fact that the player himself has set he has the opportunity to play in the premier league.

Now if a club like arsenal had bid, there's no

Chance that their chairman would have kept it quiet. Who else from the premier league would have bid?

Its that combined with the fact their chairman says we are the only Prem club to have bid.

A French football news site reporting that it was between us and going to the UAE changed to then saying there was no viable offers from the Prem yet and he was going to wait it out. They then said he would make his mind up today.

There's either been a dramatic step up with interest from the Prem or he's chose us is how I see it, he himself said he would stick to his choice and that he has always wanted to play in the Prem/now has the chance to do so.

Yeh. It almost sounds as if the villa offer in terms of wages is a lot lower than his other offer and he has to make a decision on where to go.

I'd love him here. Really good player. We'll probably know by Monday, eh.

Yeh. It almost sounds as if the villa offer in terms of wages is a lot lower than his other offer and he has to make a decision on where to go.

I'd love him here. Really good player. We'll probably know by Monday, eh.

I reckon he may have been also waiting to see if either Tottenham or Arsenal would come in for him but I personally don't think either club need him, not because of talent but because they have players for the attacking midfield role already.

We also have to remember that he stated if he didn't need to play CL football if he a club with great history and such came in for him. Liverpool, Newcastle? Again, neither team really need a player in his position.

One more thing to remember is that we are signing players very early. What if Belhanda was to reject us or try to make us hold out, leading to him potentially not getting his Prem move.

I think we are in for him, I think people see it far fetched as did I initially but he really isn't THAT expensive in comparison to the going rates of players today.

I also agree Delphinho that we would gave offered less wages than Al Jazira but realistically I don't think he would make such a move.

Let's see as you said, but I think we may see some shocked faces come next week.