Younès Belhanda (Montpellier)

Wes

I would reply saying that recently it did Barry, Milner & Ashley Young's careers good to move to Villa. Before that it did Dwight Yorke and a whole host of others players a great deal by moving to Villa, and now it appears to be doing good for Christian Benteke's future career prospects.

So shaddapppp frenncchhyyy!

(I assume he's French)

• Like 1

French journalist:

Jonathan Johnson ‏@Jon_LeGossip2m

Likely that Villa is the only solid interest in Belhanda for now. Nicollin mentioning other names to drive up price. #AVFC #MHSC

Biggest threat to Villa's bid to sign Belhanda will be from Turkey. He almost joining Fenerbahce in January. #AVFC #MHSC

Another word removed talking bad about villa

Dunno why I sometimes get worked up over stuff like this but anybody that is a fan of ligue 1 should shut the **** up about stuff like that. freaking tit

Seeing as it's safe to say he's not a Villa-phile, does it mean his tweets carry more credence, as he's got no reason to tie Belhanda to Villa from a sentimental point of view?

French journalist:

Likely that Villa is the only solid interest in Belhanda for now. Nicollin mentioning other names to drive up price. #AVFC #MHSC

Biggest threat to Villa's bid to sign Belhanda will be from Turkey. He almost joining Fenerbahce in January. #AVFC #MHSC

Another word removed talking bad about villa

Dunno why I sometimes get worked up over stuff like this but anybody that is a fan of ligue 1 should shut the **** up about stuff like that. freaking tit

Seeing as it's safe to say he's not a Villa-phile, does it mean his tweets carry more credence, as he's got no reason to tie Belhanda to Villa from a sentimental point of view?

Yes it is.

Folks,

We need to put this thread to bed.

Indications from people really in the know (Mat Kendrick) suggest this is not going to happen at all.

So what probably happened:

1. AVFC tentatively ask how much he would cost, roughly, and no bid was made

2. Chairman takes it upon himself that AVFC amongst a host of clubs must be interested

3. Belhanda prefers going to England and is probably willing to join Villa, so he declares the same (assuming reports are believed)

4. AVFC take note of his interest but per point 1, they aren't interested because it's not in line with their current transfer policy to spend XX million.

This is not on the cards unless the asking price is significantly reduced.

Lets put it to bed...

The thread wont be locked unless he signs a new contract with Montpellier, joins someone else or someone from AVFC actually say we're not interested.

I don't think it'll happen, because I think we'll bring in Popov.

Having said that, Kendrick has got things wrong before, we shouldn't take EVERYTHING he says as 100% accurate. He's told what the club want him to know.

Folks,

Indications from people really in the know (Mat Kendrick) suggest this is not going to happen at all.

2. Chairman takes it upon himself that AVFC amongst a host of clubs must be interested

3. Belhanda prefers going to England and is probably willing to join Villa, so he declares the same (assuming reports are believed)

4. AVFC take note of his interest but per point 1, they aren't interested because it's not in line with their current transfer policy to spend XX million.

Lets put it to bed...

Spot on.  It's the football equivalent of a spotty 16 year old virgin asking out a stunner (copyright The Sun) in a night club.  He's definitely interested but knows the chances of getting anywhere are unlikely.  The lady in question can then talk about how many people asked her out to make her feel good about herself, before going home with somebody with lots of money but no taste or class.

Spot on.  It's the football equivalent of a spotty 16 year old virgin asking out a stunner (copyright The Sun) in a night club.  He's definitely interested but knows the chances of getting anywhere are unlikely.  The lady in question can then talk about how many people asked her out to make her feel good about herself, before going home with somebody with lots of money but no taste or class.

I read all of that as a Holloway post match interview :D

The thread wont be locked unless he signs a new contract with Montpellier, joins someone else or someone from AVFC actually say we're not interested.

Having said that, Kendrick has got things wrong before, we shouldn't take EVERYTHING he says as 100% accurate. He's told what the club want him to know.

It's more like him being the first guy to know whenever a deal is sealed. Seems clueless like the rest of us up untill that point. To me anyways, but I don't follow his writings that closely except from what's being put forth here at villatalk.

Folks,

Lets put it to bed...

Sounds like you've had a rough experience, want to talk about it?

• Like 1

No need to lock the thread, I would just prefer if posts such as "Sign him up!!!!" were avoided, I guess.

Lets be realistic here, he is not Villa bound as much as we would all like him to be.

Still a chance as far as I am concerned,  wont be too disappointed though as I trust Lambert in his signings

Though, does it depend on the exit of Benteke? 

As far as i'm concerned. I don't think this will happen. But that's not because of what Kendrick has said, he seems to only say what Villa want him to say. He's almost like a Villa PR man. He tells the stories Villa want to tell, Villa give him all the exclusives when something happens.  So... I take what he says on transfers with a pinch of salt really. 

For me Lambert will manage the situation. It might be that his hands are tied to an extent over Benteke if the player decides to go, and in that case we'll get the best deal we can from it. Lambert will already know all possibilities though and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a plan 'a' and 'b' lined up if he was sold. As for Belhanda, I'd also be of the opinion that it probably won't happen.

• Like 1

For me Lambert will manage the situation. It might be that his hands are tied to an extent over Benteke if the player decides to go, and in that case we'll get the best deal we can from it. Lambert will already know all possibilities though and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a plan 'a' and 'b' lined up if he was sold. As for Belhanda, I'd also be of the opinion that it probably won't happen.

Agreed. Wouldn't you just love to have a look at the list of players Lambert has in mind? 

Be going down the page saying "Who?!?"

Edited by PieFacE

Folks,

Lets put it to bed...

Muhahahahahahahahaahah Kendrick ITK hahaha I've heard it all now. He know's what he is told and nothing more.

Folks,

Lets put it to bed...

Muhahahahahahahahaahah Kendrick ITK hahaha I've heard it all now. He know's what he is told and nothing more.

This! I'd be surprised if he knows anything other than the titbits the club feed him...