Aleksander Tonev

HalfTimePost

So the manager says Tonev has been left at home because he is nursing an injury but people still act like they know better than the manager just to prove a point rather than dealing with facts....

Aren't both Benteke and Kozac both carrying injuries too but they went to states?

I think this shows Tonev is no where near the first team squad.

Or that his injury is such that he isn't fit enough to travel or benefit from the trip and is better at BMH. While the other two are returning to training and at a completely different stage of recovering from injury.

Yes Benteke is 3 to 4 months off being fit and can just about run/jog but he is better off sitting on a plane for 10 hours so he can jog in Dallas and Tonev who is nursing an injury is better off at home? That makes real sense to me? Where did the nursing an injury come from?

So the manager says Tonev has been left at home because he is nursing an injury but people still act like they know better than the manager just to prove a point rather than dealing with facts....

Aren't both Benteke and Kozac both carrying injuries too but they went to states?

Or that his injury is such that he isn't fit enough to travel or benefit from the trip and is better at BMH. While the other two are returning to training and at a completely different stage of recovering from injury.

Yes Benteke is 3 to 4 months off being fit and can just about run/jog but he is better off sitting on a plane for 10 hours so he can jog in Dallas and Tonev who is nursing an injury is better off at home? That makes real sense to me? Where did the nursing an injury come from?

Want some more straws to clutch at?

You mean Benteke who has been taking part in light training in the US in the last two days?

• Like 2

It came from this article, sorry if thats one less stick for you to beat the manager with but do your own research in future if you wanna get all smart-alec...

I don't want to add to any confusion here but I was the one who asked PL about Tonev and Luna. I actually said have they played their last games for Villa.

The response was Luna was sorting out a loan and Tonev couldn't come because he had something to take care of. I may have missed the injury comment but I didn't specifically hear that.

I am not blowing my own horn here but my 10 minuets of fame at the meet and greet also saw me ask Delph if he was going to sign a new contract and he did say he had been at Villa a long time, was happy and would like to extend his stay.

I was going to ask 1 more question..... "would you accept a 10 million bid for Vlaar but they ran out of time".....

Great work Texas_Mike, you asked two good questions and got us all some info, nice one!  :thumb:

• Like 1

I don't want to add to any confusion here but I was the one who asked PL about Tonev and Luna. I actually said have they played their last games for Villa.

The response was Luna was sorting out a loan and Tonev couldn't come because he had something to take care of. I may have missed the injury comment but I didn't specifically hear that.

I am not blowing my own horn here but my 10 minuets of fame at the meet and greet also saw me ask Delph if he was going to sign a new contract and he did say he had been at Villa a long time, was happy and would like to extend his stay.

I was going to ask 1 more question..... "would you accept a 10 million bid for Vlaar but they ran out of time".....

Great work Texas_Mike, you asked two good questions and got us all some info, nice one!  :thumb:

Yeah, well done Texas Mike!

Someone reckons that Tonev hasn't gone to US because he has a criminal record previously..

They have tweeted it to Mat Kendrick..

You can't travel to the US if you have a criminal record?

Wow that is strict

Not if you're going to work there, which I suppose the players are technically doing. I had to have my whole background checked when I went to America to coach at a summer camp

On the Benteke thing, he has been taken to help him along with his recovery, being part of a team. The worst thing about his injury, is actually training by yourself at the training ground, while your team-mates are on tour. He'll get no credit for it but think PL has actually done a decent thing with Benteke. As for Tonev, if it is due to that then you can understand why he isn't with the squad.

• Like 2

It came from this article, sorry if thats one less stick for you to beat the manager with but do your own research in future if you wanna get all smart-alec...

Well does everything look different from up there on your high horse?

I have not beat anyone with a stick about Tonev so get your facts right before you get all smart alec yourself.

All I was suggesting was that as we took other 'injured' players to the US who are obviously considered part of the first team squad so as they can bond and feel part of the squad why not take an injured Tonev? I totally agree taking with taking Benteke and Kozac as being stuck back in BMH would be fairly demoralising. 

I personally don't think that Tonev is a first team squad player and would put him behind Weimann, Gabby, Cole, the Zog and Gardner in the winger/creative player roles that's all. I am not having a go at Lambo, all managers make mistakes when buying players and this is only one facet of football management, for me there are far more concerning traits to Lambo's management than his record in the transfer market.

Clear now!

I have not beat anyone with a stick about Tonev so get your facts right before you get all smart alec yourself.

All I was suggesting was that as we took other 'injured' players to the US who are obviously considered part of the first team squad so as they can bond and feel part of the squad why not take an injured Tonev? I totally agree taking with taking Benteke and Kozac as being stuck back in BMH would be fairly demoralising. 

I personally don't think that Tonev is a first team squad player and would put him behind Weimann, Gabby, Cole, the Zog and Gardner in the winger/creative player roles that's all. I am not having a go at Lambo, all managers make mistakes when buying players and this is only one facet of football management, for me there are far more concerning traits to Lambo's management than his record in the transfer market.

Clear now!

I wish all this labelling would stop. It's not always about beating the manager with a stick.

Yes Benteke is 3 to 4 months off being fit and can just about run/jog but he is better off sitting on a plane for 10 hours so he can jog in Dallas and Tonev who is nursing an injury is better off at home? That makes real sense to me? Where did the nursing an injury come from?

I have not beat anyone with a stick about Tonev so get your facts right before you get all smart alec yourself.

All I was suggesting was that as we took other 'injured' players to the US who are obviously considered part of the first team squad so as they can bond and feel part of the squad why not take an injured Tonev? I totally agree taking with taking Benteke and Kozac as being stuck back in BMH would be fairly demoralising.

Clear now!

No.

Â