Would you buy from the relegated teams?

olivilla

It's always a tough one. QPR / Reading / Wigan (as good as down) have a few decent players but would you go for them?

When DOL bought Sorensen & McCann from relegated Sunderland I thought it stunk of mid-table lack of ambition. But there are a few players who I think  could improve a our squad.

From QPR;

Loic Remy - Top quality player but wages prob as high as the outgoing (?) Bent & we need to worry least about our strikeforce.

Christopher Samba - Over-rated & over-priced but we need defence sorting out

Stephane Mbia / Samba Diakite - more experience in the middle would be good but do we need another defensive midfielder?

Junior Hoilett - Yes. Failed to impress this year but was good for Blackburn & reckon he'd be good at Villa, prob not too much £££ too.

From Reading: None - not a fan

From Wigan:

James McCarthy - Not a bad CM but a bit mediocre?

Callum McManaman - YES. Got to get in quick at the right price - being touted for England. A new Milner / Downing replacement.

None are amazing but we could be stronger with a few of them. What do you reckon?????

Anyone from QPR will require a bigger pay packet then i'd be willing to offer them so they're all no from me.

I'm completely not sold on McManaman... he's a bit of an unknown at the minute and I fully expect him to be like Albrighton and just completely fade away next season.

Though, James McCarhy would be great, but I feel more "attractive" clubs than us may be more interested in him. Quite an under-rated player. 

The only play from Reading i'd be interested in is Kebe, only as a squad player though, has a lot of pace and would be good for counter attacking.

Edited by PieFacE

I agree regarding the QPR wages so would have to leave that to those in control of wages etc. 

Samba? Am I insane? - Insulted, yes but that's why I asked. Have never rated him (hence the over-rated comment). He was touted for some huge clubs and went for a massive fee so can't be that bad. Better than Clark & Baker who need another 2-3 years to be good enough as a first choice CB in the absence of Vlaar (who I like but is no Mellberg).

McCarthy seems to be liked - I am surprised. Not bad but there is potential. I'm still for McManaman though..

Samba has looked both unfit and clumsy since he come back to England. Struggles with anyone running at him and i very much doubt he is 29 years old.

Onouha id take a punt on, and id have di santo from wigan, struggles to score but his hold up play, for the size of him is superb

When DOL bought Sorensen & McCann from relegated Sunderland I thought it stunk of mid-table lack of ambition.

And it did. They were shit.

Edited by Davkaus

Remy is a cracking player who can play wide and down the middle ( which would suit our squad if Bent goes ) but he would have better offers than us. Would take McCarthy from Wigan too but that's about it

Â