I have a confession to make.....

Houlston

Times flies, eh?

Thank **** it does.

Why? I hate how fast life goes once you hit your mid 20s.

placeholder.png

Mooney's a grumpy sod, ignore that. Wink.

But seriously vj, people that complain they're not young anymore should only do it once they are around 35-40, because when the 40's hit, you are NOT young.

People around my age (27-33ish) complain that they're not young anymore. What now?! I can be a childish drunk whenever I choose to be thank you!

Don't think he was saying that. Think he was saying time starts to move faster, relative to you, than it did before. He's right, started around 2 years ago for me.

I'm 30. My body isn't what it used to be. I know I'm not old, but I'm certainly no youth anymore.

I play the ' im getting old card when it suits me but I still think im 21 . does anyone believe in your only as old as you feel?

I don't think of my age, I don't really feel a particular age either. I guess that's another reason I'm not fussed about birthdays.

I still feel really young in my head, I still am young but I have no problem hanging out in pubs with people 10 years younger than me. I love being immature too. I suppose once you get to a certain age though certain things slow down and your body reminds you of your age. my mum was 50 yesterday and shes in meltdown :D

29 in a few months, I've given up the beer, halved my crisp/chocolate intake & am trying to stick to 2000 calories a day in a desperate attempt to keep my slowly increasing waistline under control and stay in my bmi range without having to go the gym or do any energetic exercise. I'm not fat, slim-ish really but I'd like a slightly smaller breathing out gut. I'm 6 foot 1 so that helps hide it a bit but I'd love to get back to about 12.5 - 13st.

3 years ago I could have eaten whatever I wanted and stay at 12st, now I'm at 14st, watching what I'm eating is helping but I fear im just keeping my head above water rather than losing anything. Guess I should get my bike out once a week for a few hours I guess.

Growing up sucks monkey balls :(

Edited by Ingram85

I once was whacking away (you know what it means). Fell asleep. Woke up a couple of hours after and carried on where I left off. My hand was in the exact same position too. Would've been very awkward to explain had someone walked into my room lmao.

• Like 1

Oh I'm fully aware that my body isn't what it used to be - I'm 30 in less than a month, and the hangovers really do start to become monsterous. Which is okay to be fair, just means I can't go and get smashed anymore, and I didn't really enjoy it in the first place

same here mate, my hangovers are terrible. was a time when I could go on the sesh from Thursday until sunday and not feel too bad for work on Monday, but now it takes me a good couple of days to get over just a normal night out. once you stop doing something then start doing it again down the line you lose your resistance

We've had this discussion before.

I'm 30 next year!! (currently 28)

But I don't feel like a grown man. I still feel incredibly immature for a 28 year old. I've got a job and a house and a car etc, but still.

I think it gives me a bit of an inferiority complex at times, especially in the workplace.

35 this year and most of the time I feel more comfortable talking to my work colleagues who are in their early 20's than people in their early 40's who are closer to my age. 

I remember when I was around 15 I got into ringing those sex lines up and I got really bad on them, anyway my gran's phone bill come through and it was over 400 quid when normally it was only 80 quid. my gran rang my mum up to tell her not knowing that my mum had a bill for over 500 when hers was normally only 40 or 50 quid. gave a right load of bullshit to try and deny it but it didn't work, had to pay every penny back weekly when I started working. most expensive wank's ive ever had

Were they any good?

I remember when I was around 15 I got into ringing those sex lines up and I got really bad on them, anyway my gran's phone bill come through and it was over 400 quid when normally it was only 80 quid. my gran rang my mum up to tell her not knowing that my mum had a bill for over 500 when hers was normally only 40 or 50 quid. gave a right load of bullshit to try and deny it but it didn't work, had to pay every penny back weekly when I started working. most expensive wank's ive ever had

I did the same but with the Aston Villa clubcall to get latest transfer info  :blush:

• Like 4