I have a confession to make.....

Houlston

How you feeling after today then Jen? Any better? Some people really are scum but it's good that people came to help. 

It's shit like this that make me want to put on the cape and cowl again...

• Like 1

It's shit like this that make me want to put on the cape and cowl again...

You can borrow my spare one.

Thanks brah, but that would be like a double bed spread on me. 

• Like 1

I'm scared of my own thoughts.

That actually scares me. Are you OK?

Yes. I just overthink to a ridiculous extent when I'm by myself. I'm terrified of having a panic attack in my car, which makes me anxious and the loop is complete. I'm in control of it now but I'm scared of regressing.

I'm scared of my own thoughts.

That actually scares me. Are you OK?

Yes. I just overthink to a ridiculous extent when I'm by myself. I'm terrified of having a panic attack in my car, which makes me anxious and the loop is complete. I'm in control of it now but I'm scared of regressing.

When I wrote my last paper getting me my degree in economics I spend a night in the emergency room. Felt just so tired and still my heart just went nuts, probably just stress related but i t was terrible. Im now thinking that why is this stressing me if I get that feeling...

Weirdly enough when I'm kept busy and stressed out, I'm too occupied to be anxious. It's when I have extended periods of downtime I start to get anxious.

Having counselling soon to deal with it so hopefully it won't be an issue much longer! Having my early 20's dip!

• Like 4

Weirdly enough when I'm kept busy and stressed out, I'm too occupied to be anxious. It's when I have extended periods of downtime I start to get anxious.

Having counselling soon to deal with it so hopefully it won't be an issue much longer! Having my early 20's dip!

I suffered with a deep depression and anxiety episode at the end of 2007 and beginning of 2008.  Counselling will help with it, so long as you pro-actively want to recover too.

I'm sure you'll beat it, but if ever you want someone (relatively) anonymous to turn to just drop me a PM.

Cheers bud. People been incredible on here since I posted about my troubles.

It just shows that there is hope for the human race when people can drop jokes, insults, vendettas instantly to really merge together in a moment of trouble. The recent posts in General Chat are testament to that.

• Like 1

That's equally true.  It's not a miracle cure - you need an end in mind.

Stefan - ultimately we're all guys (and gals) in it together.  It's Villa that brought us all here, and it's that which pushes us apart too, but regardless of our opinions we must have a basic level of empathy for each other purely from being Villans.

Apols all - I'm a bit pissed and emotional here.

That's equally true.  It's not a miracle cure - you need an end in mind.

that's true, you (probably ) don't want to be locked in a cycle of therapy for years and years.. I started counselling recently, and part of the early reflections have been on the end goal. I know what I hope / want to get from it so hope it can be of use, though I do remind myself there's no magic bullet cure all approach etc. But for me, just turning up for the first session was a huge burden lifter. Dunno if that sounds a bit cliched, but the old first step and all that. Good luck Stefan.. 

• Like 2