• Weimann
    • Bannan
    • Westwood
    • Sylla
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • N'Zogbia (for Bannan 71)
    • Bennett (for Baker 78)

Interesting so many people saying the performance was at most OK today, but Charlie Nicholas reckons it was a really good performance and we were much better than Reading.

I thought we were poor at the back, but Reading were pretty woeful going forward, they made some bad decisions.

Sylla looked okay, hard to make too much of a judgement on that performance though. 

Vlaar isn't very good at defending crosses or corners. 

The better team won in the end, regardless of how we played. Their only goal was a ****-up by one of our defenders. Sure they had a few headers on target and a few smart shots just off target, but we also spurned our fair share of chances.

Looking at the table we would have been in real trouble had we dropped points here.  Great result, and deserved too.  

Personally thought Westwood had a good game today in front of the back four. Had an easy game as Reading were not closing him down but it enabled him to control the midfield.

Benteke motm mainly for his hold up play and bullying their defence.

Sylla was very good, nice and tidy and got forward well too. Looked good in a partnership with Westwood.

Baker OG aside was very good too. Clark put monday behind him well. Vlaar was rusty. Lowton as much as I like him was poor today.

Bannan did enough to silence a few critics.

Gabby stepped up with an important goal and some decent strength in the final third. Weimann worked tirelessly again and involved in both goals.

Guzan can have my babies if he wants.

Huge win, probably our worst performance in weeks!

Guzan - 8

Baker - 7

Clark - 6

Vlaar - 5

Lowton - 5

Sylla - 7

Westwood - 6

Bannan - 5

Gabby - 8

Benteke - 8

Weimann - 6

We just need to make sure we dont lose to QPR. 3 points and I think we will stay up, a point wouldn't be the end of the world.

Delph suspension a weird blessing in disguise if Sylla can keep this form up. We have now picked up more points away from Villa Park than at home.  What that means for next week: anybody's guess.

Got out of the car at 0-0. Got back in to hear the final whistle and the commentator say 1-2 Villa win. The fist pump i did in the car has never had so much relief behind it.

• Like 1

Tekkers man of the match, but was really impressed with Sylla, he was calm and decisive on the ball.

This. Thought Sylla looked comfortable, knew his role and did it well, albeit against a pretty shit midfield.

Just got back from the game and cannot believe some of the comments on here. We played well and dominated the game. Maybe we could have been better up front and are still nervy at the back but we were the better side by far.

Just got back from the game I think it was a decent perfomance against a poor Reading side, but we pretty much totally dominated and could have had a few more guess MOTM will show a bit more.

Impressed with Sylla for his debut and Thought Westwood was very good always available and looking for the ball,Benteke had them worried, Guzan as always great when called upon, Better game from Clarke too, although still heart in mouth time whenever any oppents get the ball! huge win though!!

UTV!

Â