The Randy Lerner thread

CI

4 hours ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Not to blow Randy's trumpet or anything, but we should also be careful what we wish for. I'd say we are much better off currently than if we got a similar chairman to what Rangers and Portsmouth ended up having to endure.

I also shudder every time I hear that a "Consortium" is interested in taking over a football club, that just spells disaster in my book.

Same. Consortium to me generally means that the individuals aren't rich enough themselves to buy so they have to club together, rather than like-minded individuals working together because of mutual passion in the club. 

The only one that has been a big success is man city, but there's no way of knowing if even that will go pear shaped in the future.

But, but, but, we're a massive club aren't we?!?! 

;)

Lerner is reaping what he has sown the last 4 years. He can't have too many complaints surely and will now lose a ton of cash because he was too foolish to protect his initial investment by spending enough to keep us in the league.

Edited by blandy
cussing removed

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Same. Consortium to me generally means that the individuals aren't rich enough themselves to buy so they have to club together, rather than like-minded individuals working together because of mutual passion in the club. 

The only one that has been a big success is man city, but there's no way of knowing if even that will go pear shaped in the future.

I remember the Ray Ranson consortium who tried to buy us for a while and then he finally took over Coventry and that went swimmingly well

Choices

1) we stay up - Randy still wants 150m+ - dont get sold - Rinse & Repeat

2) We go down - Randy still cant/wont sell

3) We go down - Randy sells - Journey into the unknown

4) We go down - Randy still cant/wont sell - we come back up - Rinse & Repeat

5)  We go down - Randy still cant/wont sell - we stay down - Rinse & Repeat

6) We go down - Randy still cant/wont sell - we go down further till we can form an AVFC along the lines of the Bayern Munich model in the 60's. A sports club with no owner a voted board & Chairman. This allows business-minded ex-Villa players (e.g Neil Cox - remember him?) to run the club in the interests for & of the club.

a slow but sure way back up

no more Doug-types, Lerners, Venky's.......etc

a Club as a club.

35 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Choices

1) we stay up - Randy still wants 150m+ - dont get sold - Rinse & Repeat

2) We go down - Randy still cant/wont sell

3) We go down - Randy sells - Journey into the unknown

4) We go down - Randy still cant/wont sell - we come back up - Rinse & Repeat

5)  We go down - Randy still cant/wont sell - we stay down - Rinse & Repeat

6) We go down - Randy still cant/wont sell - we go down further till we can form an AVFC along the lines of the Bayern Munich model in the 60's. A sports club with no owner a voted board & Chairman. This allows business-minded ex-Villa players (e.g Neil Cox - remember him?) to run the club in the interests for & of the club.

a Club as a club.

Number 6 has its appeal, but you're looking at many years in the lower leagues before the club's value reaches a point so low the fans could buy it. 

19 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Number 6 has its appeal, but you're looking at many years in the lower leagues before the club's value reaches a point so low the fans could buy it. 

FC Bayern München have the following status

Sports Club (FC Verein has a special "Status" in Germany)

no sole owner, no majority shareholders, club assets are aquired & maintained by membership funds managed by an elected board.

AVFC would not have to be funded by fans only. Investors and Sponsors could add to the funds on a maximum limit basis.

The idea that we could have it worse after 5 years of being systematically run into the ground is totally bollocks.

I have a scarf that has Proud History Bright Future written on it. What a **** joke. We haven't looked for a second like building towards anything since MON left.

Give me literally anyone willing to have a go at this point. Provided they aren't going to mortgage and asset strip us out of existence, bring it on. I'm sick of being in Randy Lerner's too hard basket.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2015 at 23:54, meregreen said:

I don't even know what his voice sounds like.Says it all really'

It was mooted that he does a holiday stand in on the muppet show.....I think he is " Animal" .....manamana.lol:)

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, Richard said:

Well to be fair during the last years of Ellis I laughed and criticised those who said we could have worse.  They were right too.

I am just about to bite in to my humble pie.

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

a Club as a club.

There is absolutely nothing 'sure' about that.

How many divisions do you think we'd need to fall to allow a fan buyout, and where do you think the transfer money would be coming from?

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

There is absolutely nothing 'sure' about that.

How many divisions do you think we'd need to fall to allow a fan buyout, and where do you think the transfer money would be coming from?

1) It would be more 'sure' than that what is now.

2) untill he sells

3) Bayern haven't worried about their transfer kitty since the 70's

as a club, they are very well run.

it would take a few divisions and a few years

or we can just wait for RL to run down the clock, no-one offers him what he wants, strips club of its assets till AV holding is worth nothing because we rent the stadium & training ground.

AFC Wimbledon

United of Manchester

here we come...........

Edited by Grasshopper

Â