The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I think Lerner will appoint an executive chairman, and I fully expect a takeover agreement will be announced shortly after this appointment.

Given your track record, that means he's interviewing a new cleaner, and that we'll still be owned by Lerner's great-great-grandson a hundred years from now......

• Like 2

I think Lerner will appoint an executive chairman, and I fully expect a takeover agreement will be announced shortly after this appointment.

Given your track record, that means he's interviewing a new cleaner, and that we'll still be owned by Lerner's great-great-grandson a hundred years from now......

It is my opinion, nothing more or less.

It is my opinion, nothing more or less.

So it's your opinion that he will fill one of the most important positions within the club and then basically put them out of a job very shortly after? I know Lerner is a grade one buffon but even he wouldn't employ someone for what you are saying could be weeks would he?

Any new owner will want his own people running the club and managing the team.

Jonny Gould @jonnygould  ·  14m

Ideal #avfc CEO candidate is "someone who's run an FC before". It should be more than that. Someone who can unite the fans with the club.

Cortese? If Randy really is over here trying to find a new CEO, it surely means that no sale is on the horizon.

I can just see Mark Ansell making a return !!

That's a serious comment BTW.

Unless there's a consensus among all (any) prospective buyers that the man in question is fine by them...

Like that's going to happen?

DC I agree about Stride but why would he do Lerner any favours after the shitty way he treated him when he took over.

Unless there's a consensus among all (any) prospective buyers that the man in question is fine by them...

thinking about it though, agreement between imaginary Saudi's and imaginary Yanks could happen if they agree on an imaginery CEO?

no buyers so Lerner just does as he pleases as usual!

I would think he would bring in a CEO as he knows it will be another season before we are sold.

IF , a big IF a new CEO is brought in is actually good at the job no reason why a new owner might not keep him on.Any new owner could want some stability in same way as a new owner might keep Lambert on to start with.

My guess is that the new CEO will be someone 95% of us will have never heard of and we won't be aware of anything he does, until something happens and someone suggests that it was part of his remit and then we'll call for his head. Can we not just enjoy the ups and downs of the football and do our best to ignore all the things we don't have the slightest understanding of?

• Like 1

My guess is that the new CEO will be someone 95% of us will have never heard of and we won't be aware of anything he does, until something happens and someone suggests that it was part of his remit and then we'll call for his head. Can we not just enjoy the ups and downs of the football and do our best to ignore all the things we don't have the slightest understanding of?

Be nice if there were some ups to enjoy!

I still think it's crazy how one man can spend 200 million pounds and bring a club to its knees.

Astonishing. 

What an idiot.

Perhaps only Portsmouth can claim to have been run worse in his time here.

Exactly how to you get to the point as an ever present member of Prem league where as it seems right now we are clearly the poorest club in league bar perhaps Burnley !!

Dear god even WBA are spending !!!

I still think it's crazy how one man can spend 200 million pounds and bring a club to its knees.

Astonishing. 

What an idiot.

Perhaps only Portsmouth can claim to have been run worse in his time here.

Exactly how to you get to the point as an ever present member of Prem league where as it seems right now we are clearly the poorest club in league bar perhaps Burnley !!

Dear god even WBA are spending !!!

Not sure if this is some sort of joke?

Why does it have to be all about money? Don't get me wrong, I think Lerner's (apparent) decision to spend hardly anything this summer is absolute madness but are West Brom for example, a club who sacked Clarke mid-season when they probably shouldn't have, took almost a month to get his replacement in and then got rid of him at the end of the season before getting in Alan Irvine, really that much better run than us?

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Going back to the naming rights thing. How about we get a well known Bingo business to sponsor the stadium

They could rename Villa Park "Mecca"

Can't see that going down too well in B6, can you?

or in Mecca

• Like 1

Having just re watched 'Moneyball', perhaps Villa can play against the odds and find players which other clubs do not want, mold a side, and punch above our weight. Then I realised we haven't got Billy Beane, we have a owner who does not care about his asset and no CEO. Gulp.

Having just re watched 'Moneyball', perhaps Villa can play against the odds and find players which other clubs do not want, mold a side, and punch above our weight. Then I realised we haven't got Billy Beane, we have a owner who does not care about his asset and no CEO. Gulp.

Or it's like in "Major League", where the owner put's together a puposedly horrible team so they'll lose and he can move the team.

Of course football doesn't work like that here in the civilized world, but Lerner obviously knows very little about "soccer"

Â