The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Lambert isn't going anywhere any time soon

We aren't signing anyone

That we aren't signing anyone isn't down to Lambert

Yep that it says. the guy has no interest in us anymore otherwise he would support the manager financially but he refuses instead lets us go into oblivion

Never forgive him when we go down as he could have prevented it if he gave some money to lambo for just two players a cb and cm

I think hes cleverley taking the heat off PL and deservedley so.  Its 80% Lerners fault.  PL aint going anywhere so we have to get behind him.  Can we get a song going with the words 'we go again' in it?

You really think Lerner chose to speak? I don't, I think he has been forced to by Lambert who isn't willing to carry the can for the lack of investment this window.

I disagree.

It says the following;

Lambert isn't going anywhere any time soon

We aren't signing anyone

That we aren't signing anyone isn't down to Lambert

That's right.  It's not great, but it's better to say this than say nothing.  If it takes even some of the media spotlight off Lambert and the continual speculation about his future, that's a good thing.  About time too.

Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with this at all. I'd like to see someone come up with a statement that they'd be pleased with, and he could realistically release, because I think people are just looking for any excuse to criticise Lerner.

Obviously there is some money to spend or they would not have sat down and discussed transfers and Lambert would not have said his targets have moved to different clubs. 

We clearly don't have a lot of pulling power though, either in wages or stature. 

Randy Lerner said: “In the time that I’ve come to know Paul what
is clear above all else is his strength of character and belief in his
approach to football.- Paul Lambert convinced me that he was Roy of the Rovers -

Fortunes can shift quickly in this game and a
sense that one has it right can become grave doubt in a matter of a few
games. -  I think Delia conned me -

The Villa Board knew that with Paul we would begin to address the
Club’s multi-year lack of competitive stability by reshaping the squad
with seven new signings in the summer. Quantity is better than quality

It has been rewarding at times this season although certainly frustrating as well, particularly
recently. Blimey aint we shit now

During January Paul and the Board have discussed a variety of
players although nothing has yet materialised, which I know also can be
frustrating as fresh players always give at least a sense of progress
and optimism. Paul mumbled something to me about new players, I couldn't understand a word he said

Finally, and on a very personal note, I would reiterate
that Paul has achieved success at many levels of professional football
and I believe, given support, he will continue to do so for us - Paul was great in FM2002 .”

Edited by drat01

Obviously there is some money to spend or they would not have sat down and discussed transfers and Lambert would not have said his targets have moved to different clubs. 

We clearly don't have a lot of pulling power though, either in wages or stature. 

PL "So Randy. transfers"

RL "No, it's a real tattoo"

PL "Oh.. hows the weather?"

It's not great, but it's better to say this than say nothing.  If it takes even some of the media spotlight off Lambert and the continual speculation about his future, that's a good thing.  About time too.

Actually I appreciate Lerners comments. We know where we stand now and I an grateful he has been up front. I am in a minority I know but I think he laid out his thinking very clearly.

Exactly. We might not all necessarily like what he's said, depending on what we each think of Lambert or Randy, but he had to speak, he had to lay out the situation.

No problem with it at all.

Everyone knew that we weren't going to spend anything so he may just as well shut up about this month. I think Villa fans are more interested in his future plans for Villa than knowing that he won't be buying anyone in January.

So where was the big up to the fans for still supporting our club through this shite.

Where the **** is Faulkner, hiding behind Lerner again. Why dont he come out and do a live statement with Lambert, thatll show comitment to us the fans. As I said before, what the **** does this guy Faulkner do. Last time I saw him, he was looking all smug walking next to McLeish!!

The owner says he's sticking with the manager and it's what we all need? **** me! God forbid we have a manager that's got a winning team on the field and an owner who is vocal and present at the club, whilst funding the deals of quality players!

Â