The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Oh god. The old worst case scenario again.

Of course it's the right players. But the right players are not coming to a club like us on the wages Lowton, bennet, Westwood and Bowery are on.

No, and they didnt come when we were dishing out 40, 50, 60k a week left, right and centre.

Michu - 3k a week at his old club. Not saying those players are easy to find, and by no means saying that Michu definately would have been a roaring success here - but there are players out there. There is no need to break the bank when breaking the bank won't/hasn't brought us success either.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1

What worries me more is how there wasn't a much longer queue of clubs wanting to sign Michu. He was valued at £2m yet scored 15 goals from midfield in La Liga last season.

What exactly do club scouts do to earn money. You'd think he'd be top of most clubs lists in the summer given his record. No offence to Swansea but you would expect a player like that to have the pick of better clubs to choose from.

If there are players out there with Michu's record in a European League, who are valued at a similar amount to what he cost, I would be mortified if a) Our "scouts" didn't know who they were or b ) Lerner wouldn't sanction a deal for a player that would drastically improve our squad for bugger all.

Edited by jacketspuds

Rumour going around that 2years Gerry Armstrong suggested him to Wigan and Spurs when on a free and then again last summer we and 5 or 6 clubs including Spurs again are linked in paper with turning him down.

guy is probably the snip of Premier League history

I think we are now barking up the right tree

Our success in the transfer market in recent times has been TURGID

The odd one or two have been ok the majority....Embarrassing.

Edited by TRO

When Randy Lerner took over Aston Villa he said:

"I'm what you call the custodian. People like me come and go. The fans will always own Aston Villa because they never leave"

I believe, like many he has failed to look after our club. If he ever had any real affection for the club as the current "custodian, he should accept he will never recover all his investment, actively seek a new owner who will fix the mess he has created and then..... GO!

Now I am off to VP for another feast of football! - must be mad! ;-)

What angers me more about our current situation is the fact that Lerner pulled the spending from MON, causing him to walk, but then allowed the following two managers to bring in players on the same kind of wages! That is mind-numbingly foolish. He might just as well have given more money to MON and allowed him to keep trying at the top four and THEN decided to arrive at where we are now. It would have saved a lot of money in management fees!

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

You are right Brumstopdogs! I posted a link on page 270 of the Lambert thread that shows an interview with Lambert where he says we are only looking at bringing in a couple of players. Reports of us only having a maximum of £5m to spend. What is Randy Lerner playing at? If we go down we will lose millions in tv royalties. If I had Lerner's money and had invested the amount he's supposed to have invested, there's no way on this earth I would allow it to go down the pan for the sake of spending a year's interest on my personal fortune.

Mr Lerner, please look at what you are doing to our club and re-think your transfer policy for this month. If you don't, there is a very, very good chance that you will have the indignity of relegating Aston Villa Football Club from the Premier League for the first time in its history. Something that will be inscripted within the record books of this famous club for all eternity. Is that really what you want to be remembered for?

Reports this morning suggest Lerner is not really backing Lambert in this window.

I haven't seen anything that states that Lerner isn't backing Lambert. Lambert has stated we're not looking at players over £6M, but tat might be his choice as he wants "hungry" players.

You have to question the way in which Lambert has invested the 20 odd million he's been given so far.

If Randy's goal is to help the club achieve sustainability then he can't keep digging us out of the shite with a Darren Bent signing every time we are struggling in January.

The Houllier and McLeish appointments were incompetent and can't have been thought through. We needed the Lambert type manager at the time of the Houllier appointment if the remit was self sustainability. And even if that remit wasn't realised until McLeish came in, then a quick look at his record tells you that he's never built a squad from scratch. Never been one to bring through young players, find a bargain or bring out the best in players.

Poor manager selections have left us in the mire. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during the recruitment process to he who was doing the advising! I can only imagine it was Faulkner (with help from Sir Alex of course).

The only way forward is for the club to give Lambert until the end of next season regardless, because with no money, no manager is going to change it around from here.

• Like 1

You are right Brumstopdogs! I posted a link on page 270 of the Lambert thread that shows an interview with Lambert where he says we are only looking at bringing in a couple of players. Reports of us only having a maximum of £5m to spend. What is Randy Lerner playing at? If we go down we will lose millions in tv royalties. If I had Lerner's money and had invested the amount he's supposed to have invested, there's no way on this earth I would allow it to go down the pan for the sake of spending a year's interest on my personal fortune.

Mr Lerner, please look at what you are doing to our club and re-think your transfer policy for this month. If you don't, there is a very, very good chance that you will have the indignity of relegating Aston Villa Football Club from the Premier League for the first time in its history. Something that will be inscripted within the record books of this famous club for all eternity. Is that really what you want to be remembered for?

I know it might be a shock VR but there was football for over 100 years before the Premiership started :)

there is a very, very good chance that you will have the indignity of relegating Aston Villa Football Club from the Premier League for the first time in its history. Something that will be inscripted within the record books of this famous club for all eternity. Is that really what you want to be remembered for?
From that it seemed you were not sure :)

lernre just sell up your disgracing our club with your crap. your a billionaire an dyou wont authorise acouple signings

look at reading come back from 2-0 down but we cant even score at home to fcking southampton

i am disgusted what you and that clown faulkner have done to our club

Â