The Randy Lerner thread

CI

So do you think we are being well run?

I wouldn't go as far as saying well but I don't have any real objections to how the club is being run. The manager has been backed and looks like he is going to be backed this window and the club isn't in financial straits - that's all I really expect from an owner.

Why don't you suggest it to the club, I'm sure they'll relay your super idea to the relevant person.

If Lerner keeps going the way he is currently he will have no choice but to lower prices because we'll be playing in the Championship next season. Either that or play in front of 15,000 every home game!

I wouldn't go as far as saying well but I don't have any real objections to how the club is being run. The manager has been backed and looks like he is going to be backed this window and the club isn't in financial straits - that's all I really expect from an owner.

Nice to put an identity to the profile. Good to meet you Mr Faulkner but your a prick!

Please also can you elaborate to me how you see it as he "looks like he is going to be backed"! Thanks

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Could the remaining few continue to defend him if the manager isn't fully backed this window?

Does he back the manager knowing he is good enough to do the job the way he did with Houllier?

Or does he keep his money to himself, knowing the manager is NOT good enough and the sack is coming the way he did with McLeish?

Either way, he'll be to blame for anything and everything that goes wrong by his detractors in this thread.

Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

Nice to put an identity to the profile. Good to meet you Mr Faulkner but your a prick!

Please also can you elaborate to me how you see it as he "looks like he is going to be backed"! Thanks

Stop being so ridiculous.

We'll see what happens by the end of the month anyway - I'll definitely lose faith in Lerner if he doesn't back Lambert but I just don't think that'll happen.

Stop being so ridiculous.

We'll see what happens by the end of the month anyway - I'll definitely lose faith in Lerner if he doesn't back Lambert but I just don't think that'll happen.

How am I being ridiculous? Your about the only person I see backing the chairman after the last 48hr hype surrounding his running of the club and so I want you to answer on what basis does it "look like he is going to be backed".

Try answering my post instead of commenting on it and then expecting to get away with just "we will see what happens".

Looking like he will be backed followed by well we will see what happens by the end of the month is more that of a ridiculous reply in itself.

So I will ask you again. What makes you think that Lambert 'looks like he is going to be backed' and to what level/calibre of player will 'look likely' to be joining us IYO.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

I'm getting bored to tears by this anti-Lerner diatribe - so many circumstantial assumptions being thrown around and so little factual knowledge available, what's the point in any of it? All you need to do is look at the state of our inbred neighbours to see how a football club is actually run badly.

Yes and look in the other direction at our Tesco carrier bag wearing neighbours? Are their wages as high as ours? Are they changing manager every season? Are they performing well in the league? Do they need to rely on unproven youth products.

They have assembled a team, they have an excellent young manager who has learned his trade from his time as an assistant.

Saying that Small Heath or Blackburn have worse owners than us is pathetic because for every bad owner there are 10 good owners. At the moment Randy and his bunch of sycophantic arse wipes around him are on the level of the Venkys in terms of ownership at present and he is killing my club. He needs to go ASAP!

Yes and look in the other direction at our Tesco carrier bag wearing neighbours? Are their wages as high as ours? Are they changing manager every season? Are they performing well in the league? Do they need to rely on unproven youth products.

They have assembled a team, they have an excellent young manager who has learned his trade from his time as an assistant.

Saying that Small Heath or Blackburn have worse owners than us is pathetic because for every bad owner there are 10 good owners. At the moment Randy and his bunch of sycophantic arse wipes around him are on the level of the Venkys in terms of ownership at present and he is killing my club. He needs to go ASAP!

Well...yeah. RDM, Hodgson, Clarke.

How am I being ridiculous? Your about the only person I see backing the chairman after the last 48hr hype surrounding his running of the club and so I want you to answer on what basis does it "look like he is going to be backed".

Try answering my post instead of commenting on it and then expecting to get away with just "we will see what happens".

Looking like he will be backed followed by well we will see what happens by the end of the month is more that of a ridiculous reply in itself.

So I will ask you again. What makes you think that Lambert 'looks like he is going to be backed' and to what level/calibre of player will 'look likely' to be joining us IYO.

To be fair to lexicon, we will see what happens is all you can really do. Nobody aside from RL, PF, PL and his close staff will have the slightest of clues regarding what our budgets are and how the signing of targets is going. We can speculate all we want, but none of it matters until the end of the window when the business has/has not been done.

No problem with that mate, I had forgotten about RDM!! It's annoying though that Clarke was available and we didn't even seem to consider him? Hindsight eh, wish I had that!

Yeah Clarke was probably a bit too much of an unknown for our board and 'too risky', but yeah in hindsight, he was a very great pickup for the Tesco crew, unfortunately. Hopefully our board back their choice of manager though and put him in a better position to succeed...I hope.

If Lerner doesn't sort this mess out the fans need to let him know how unhappy they are, whether that means buying no merchandise or food at the match or programmes or boycotting matches then so be it, this dumb yank hasn't got a bloody clue that the club will be in dire straits and its all down to him, LERNER OUT...

I'm getting bored to tears by this anti-Lerner diatribe - so many circumstantial assumptions being thrown around and so little factual knowledge available, what's the point in any of it? All you need to do is look at the state of our inbred neighbours to see how a football club is actually run badly.

So little evidence?

Wow.

Does he back the manager knowing he is good enough to do the job the way he did with Houllier?

Or does he keep his money to himself, knowing the manager is NOT good enough and the sack is coming the way he did with McLeish?

Either way, he'll be to blame for anything and everything that goes wrong by his detractors in this thread.

Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

Or get excuses made for him by his fans.

Yes we will. Personally I still think we will spend some money, I'm just not at all convinced it will be enough or that we will get Lambert's first choice of players.

I don't though agree with your view on Lerner and the criticism of him, I find that view quiet staggering to be honest but your just as entitled to it as those who think differently.

Lerner deserves criticism but there's no point protesting or starting a Lerner out campaign before the window is over. Everyone is getting riled over what Hairy hands has said. To be fair to him he does seem to have some info. However unless he is Lerner Faulkner or Lambert himself then he doesn't really know the budget. Also summer window may be a different story if we stay up. Big if I know. I will be irate as everyone else if he isn't backed sufficiently this window because we are in a perilous position. However I will wait till the end to judge.

Â