The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Time for the current custodian of AVFC to act to protect his investment.

If he really doesnt have the financial clout to do this I would expect him to act in the best interests of the club and seek investment from elsewhere.............or he can act in the best interest of Randy Lerner PLC and not dilute is holding in the club.

I wonder which he will do?

Just thought I'd post some stats that gilberto posted in another thread

Few facts I've just come across, appreciate many of you will have seen some of them but thought I'd post anyway:

Villa have won just five of their last thirty-seven league games.

We have also won only three of our last twenty-three home league games.

We have the fewest wins in 2012 out of all ninety-two Football League teams (6).

Villa also scored the fewest number of league goals in the entire Football League in 2012 (30).

Adds a bit more to the argument that we're worse off now than when Doug was here.

Lerner has 3 weeks to save his investment IMO. You don't buy a football club to make money and breaking even would be seen as something of a success but at the same time the amount he could stand to lose should we get relegated would be ridiculous.

Lerner has sanctioned this mess and he needs to do what is necessary to fix the problems at our club. They certainly aren't going to fix themselves.

Randy Lerner, in June you have the real Bon Jovi playing live at Villa Park at a cost of £65 for a standing ticket. In February, the UK's number one tribute act to Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi UK - are playing at the Queen's Hall in Nuneaton. The ticket price is £6.

Villa fans had 3 x top 6 finishes watching International class footballers. Multi-million pound signings on top salaries. We are now being subjected to a future of unknown players and players from our own academy, who cost very little to sign and who are going to be on salaries that are not akin to those with "star" quality. A tribute act, if you like! With that in mind, I hope that the ticket prices will start to reflect the quality that you are putting on show for us!

Whay to go randy... 6-7 years into the job and you sure are getting to grips with this soccer ball project!..

Waste of space excuse of a man!.. **** off home coward your killing our club!.

Calling someone a coward behind the glare of your computer screen is a level of irony I cannot express with words.

lerner should have a long chat with Graham Taylor about how to run a football club.

I dont think he wants to put anymore money in and will gamble that there are 3 worse teams than us.

sir graham would certainly help in showing how to run things

Could the remaining few continue to defend him if the manager isn't fully backed this window?

Depends what u mean by 'fully backed'?

If you mean spend £40mill this season, (£20m in summer, £20m now) then i don't expect him to do that & wouldn't want him

to. If you mean take annual wages back to £70m+, then again i wouldn't expect that & wouldn't want him to.

If you mean spend £25m-£30m this season, so another £5-10mill this window, and increase wages by another couple of million, then yes i want him to & expect him to do so.

If he doesn't, then i wouldn't defend him.

Of course, if he does make money available & Lambert doesn't spend it all (like its rumoured he didn't in the summer) then a different set of questions come about.

Randy Lerner, in June you have the real Bon Jovi playing live at Villa Park at a cost of £65 for a standing ticket. In February, the UK's number one tribute act to Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi UK - are playing at the Queen's Hall in Nuneaton. The ticket price is £6.

Villa fans had 3 x top 6 finishes watching International class footballers. Multi-million pound signings on top salaries. We are now being subjected to a future of unknown players and players from our own academy, who cost very little to sign and who are going to be on salaries that are not akin to those with "star" quality. A tribute act, if you like! With that in mind, I hope that the ticket prices will start to reflect the quality that you are putting on show for us!

Yes because that's exactly how football works.

I'm getting bored to tears by this anti-Lerner diatribe - so many circumstantial assumptions being thrown around and so little factual knowledge available, what's the point in any of it? All you need to do is look at the state of our inbred neighbours to see how a football club is actually run badly.

I'm getting bored to tears by this anti-Lerner diatribe - so many circumstantial assumptions being thrown around and so little factual knowledge available, what's the point in any of it? All you need to do is look at the state of our inbred neighbours to see how a football club is actually run badly.

So what is the answer then?

So do you think we are being well run?

Have you heard of the saying "you get what you pay for"? He's giving us lower league players so we should pay lower league money to watch them!

Why don't you suggest it to the club, I'm sure they'll relay your super idea to the relevant person.

Â