The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I don't live in England so I rarely get to go to a game but if I was a regular attendee at Villa Park my decision would be well and truly made that I wouldn't go near the place until that yank prick has sold up and pissed off. The situation needs to be made as bad as possible to do everything to get rid of him, we are the new Leeds United and are royally f**ked!

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Also, PR-wise it would be much better for new owners to take over when we've just been relegated. Getting us back up again shouldn't be too difficult a job with investment and they'll be the saviours in the eyes of the fans.

I'm thinking through the finances of this - I think a new owner could have had us for £120m(?) at the start of the season, add in an additional £30m for some decent players and they could be sitting with a mid-table team for £150m, a little bit of business nous and they could pay back their investment at £20m a year over the next five or six years.

Fast forward to this close season. As a Championship club I reckon we would be worth £70m max. A new buyer would still need to invest £30-40m in players to get us back up. Thats a total investement of say £110m. So by hanging on for a year a potential investor could save £40m. The thing is that its a big gamble to back yourself to get back to the premiership. I'm not at all sure there is a buyer in the wings

For me Lerner's best chance of making the most money is to be in the PL.  Fox and Hollis are walking a tightrope to find "the minimum investment required to get back to PL football".  Not an encouraging scenario as this is bought to you from the guys who blew it with "the minimum investment required to maintain PL football"

Whatever, it is dark dark days for Villa.  The very best we can hope for is a return to lower mid-table PL football.

22 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

I don't live in England so I rarely get to go to a game but if I was a regular attendee at Villa Park my decision would be well and truly made that I wouldn't go near the place until that yank prick has sold up and pissed off. The situation needs to be made as bad as possible to do everything to get rid of him, we are the new Leeds United and are royally f**ked!

No, we're not. Things are bad yeah but we're not quite at that level.

22 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I'm thinking through the finances of this - I think a new owner could have had us for £120m(?) at the start of the season, add in an additional £30m for some decent players and they could be sitting with a mid-table team for £150m, a little bit of business nous and they could pay back their investment at £20m a year over the next five or six years.

Fast forward to this close season. As a Championship club I reckon we would be worth £70m max. A new buyer would still need to invest £30-40m in players to get us back up. Thats a total investement of say £110m. So by hanging on for a year a potential investor could save £40m. The thing is that its a big gamble to back yourself to get back to the premiership. I'm not at all sure there is a buyer in the wings

For me Lerner's best chance of making the most money is to be in the PL.  Fox and Hollis are walking a tightrope to find "the minimum investment required to get back to PL football".  Not an encouraging scenario as this is bought to you from the guys who blew it with "the minimum investment required to maintain PL football"

Whatever, it is dark dark days for Villa.  The very best we can hope for is a return to lower mid-table PL football.

I agree there probably aren't any potential buyers waiting in the wings but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we were brought either in the summer or sometime next season (provided Lerner does lower his asking price).

we need to contact Lerner direct and give him what N'zog and Westwood regularly get. (ie not abuse but questions of what exactly are they doing)

Someone must have his email or personal number. Through his resturant or something. He can hide but surely the wonders of modern technology will give us the truth.

would love doug to come out & say what he thinks of how RL has destroyed the club

That would require him to have a ******* clue what is happening around him. Don't forget this is the silly old ****** that thought we would qualify for Europe if we stuck with McLeish!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Someone must have his email or personal number. Through his resturant or something. He can hide but surely the wonders of modern technology will give us the truth.

I'd be surprised if Fox and Hollis have got his number!

we need to contact Lerner direct and give him what N'zog and Westwood regularly get. (ie not abuse but questions of what exactly are they doing)

Any volunteers to fly to the States to hit him around the head with a baseball bat?

This man really is a complete imbecile for lack of a better word. He's destroying this club and thus trashing his investment. I have no idea how he is where he is in the world of business as he doesn't seem to have an once of sense or intelligence. Get the **** out of our club.

Just now, penguin said:

This man really is a complete imbecile for lack of a better word. He's destroying this club and thus trashing his investment. I have no idea how he is where he is in the world of business as he doesn't seem to have an once of sense or intelligence. Get the **** out of our club.

...because his Dad left him a billion pounds?

The fans are in a terrible predicament -

The easiest thing to do, would be to give the two fingers to the Board and cease attending games, buying merchandise and responding to their social media propaganda.

However, the situation the team are in, which such a fragile psyche, any walk outs/boycotts would destroy them. Yes, the players are part of the reason we're in this situation but the board have had the opportunity to back their man and strengthen the squad and have neglected to do so.

(I wonder what the impact, if any, would be if everyone unclicked the 'like' button on the club Facebook page and unfollowed Twitter en masse? there are over 2.2m followers on Facebook and 603k on Twitter)

Â