The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Yes i think a lot of the stuff coming out the club at the moment is just to create a certain feeling amongst fans. Perhaps a sort of way of creating a 'new manager bounce' without actually having a new manager.

• Like 2

Could the utterings of the owner be the prelude to his attendance at a game, apparently much craved for by some?

Usually if someone asked that we'd all ask you, so you've probably just broken the Matrix!

Too early to know.

I'm sure Randy knows that potential buyers are more likely to buy a club that appears to be in good spirits and that ends the season on a (relative) high.

His words don't mean he's staying put necessarily.

Don't think that's the case re. a potential buyer. He certainly didn't buy the club when it was in good spirits. We were at the lowest point I can remember as a fan that summer.

If I was a betting man, which I am,

I'd bet that nobody is going anywhere this summer. Not Lambert. Not Faulkner. Not Lerner.

Are you usually successful at betting or do the bookies welcome your input?

Try me. How much are we betting?

Money to Acorns or VillaTalk.

WE are not betting anything.  I'm asking your success rate

I'd bet that nobody is going anywhere this summer. Not Lambert. Not Faulkner. Not Lerner.

WE are not betting anything. I'm asking your success rate

It varies. I'd be rather confident about such a bet as this though.

As much as I dislike the way Randy has run the club. I have the utmost respect for the way he manages people. The past 3 seasons he must have been absolutely shitting himself thinking that we're gunna get relegated, yet has never spoken out or shown any sign of panic. Must have balls of steel. 

But still, hope he sells :D

I couldn't care less if the chairman came out and said he loves wet farts, as long as the words he says take the pressure off so we can cross the line and be able to build again next year with a new owner and manager.

• Like 4

WE are not betting anything.  I'm asking your success rate

It's all gone quiet over there!

• Like 1

Four posts above your own. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Four posts above your own.

I was enjoying Richard's lack of interest in betting against you.

• Like 1

I don't think there's much to read into with this statement it's just standard stuff

It is sadly standard stuff at Villa with the owner backing yet another beleaguered  manager at the helm with bland pravda nonsense. Real backing with cold hard cash in the summer would be a bit better.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Anyone think that we could get bought out even if we go down? Financially it will take a boat load to get us competitive again anyway so a season in the Championship wouldn't be horrendous. Surely we would be one of the favourites to come back up.

The asking price would plummet...so Lerner wouldn't sell until we'd be back up. Which is not guaranteed to happen right away. We could be just steps away from a dark wilderness right now.

The bottom line is that Lerner has stood by Lambert, as my friend rightly said, but only because Lambert has agreed, somewhere along the line, to never mention the fact that he has no real money to spend.

The Secret Footballer's source at Villa. Says the Albrighton train story is bollocks.

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/16584/backroom-harmony-at-villa-turns-sour/

Â