• Westwood
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Sylla (for N'Zogbia 79)
    • Holman (for El Ahmadi 82)
    • Baker (for Agbonlahor 90+2)

Guzan 7 - Some good saves

Lowton 6 - Assisted the goal well, his defending lets this lad down from time to time 

Bennett 4 - Poor, doesn't look good, he can't do the basics of defending

Vlaar 4 - 'concrete' out muscled out jumped again, more like putty.   

Clark 4 - his lack of ability to defend was shown up again - he's a bit of a weed. 

El Ahmadi 5 - did nothing. 

Westwood 5 - not involved.

N'Zogbia 6 - did well at times, a glimmer of hope. 

Gabby 7 - class, too good for this team. 

Benteke 7 - ditto

Weinmann 5 - lost his head in front of goal, not good enough at this level. 

Positives are that we scored 3. If we can continue to score consistently then we have a bigger chance of staying up.

What a ball by Lowton for the third by the way.

Unfortunately, we concede 3 goals in games more than we score 3 goals - hence we are in the shit. We'll get rolled over by West Ham next week as our players seem to shit themselves at VP as we're scared of being a team who are expected to dictate play.

It's frustrating for sure but we are playing a team at home full of confidence so a point is not the end of the world . We can score goals which is always the hardest thing in football ok we can't defend but that can be cured but you would have thought by now!! It's a kick in the balls but surely people can see slight signs of improvement? I am a glass half full man so will cling to any hope so scoring 3 at a top 6 team away from home is a step in the right direction for me.

Bring on the Hammers.

we didnt play like absolute shit today and we didnt get hammered, which are both positives.   at least we are showing fight and hopefully the bit of luck we need will start coming cus we need it with our lightweight dodgy defence..

A point away at Goodison in the form we're in this season is a really good result - one of the best away results of our season - I can say that though as I was at work and didn't have to go through it.

Ultimately this is a really, really good point but it will have cost us, it'll have cost us confidence and momentum - we'll see if it was worth the price next time out I guess.

From the snippets I caught on the radio it sounded like we were a threat up front with not much behind that - which sounds about right. 

The other results were ridiculously frustrating - the footballing fates are against you when the last five minutes of the afternoon go the way it did today.

RT @Gards38 "Would have took a point before the game well done lads onto the next!". 

Just saw this tweet by our VERY OWN Gary Gardener. 

If this is the mentality of everyone at Aston Villa then we are in serious trouble.  I wouldn't care if we are playing Barcelona WE should always go out to win. 

From this one tweet alone I hope we release this player at the end of the season.  A professional sports man should NEVER say this.

Im shocked!! 

That's a prime example why footballers should not be allowed on Twitter. Awful thing to say. I remember being shocked when I saw Rio Ferdinand say something similar after Man Utd drew away to Spurs the other week.

Gutted. Just gutted.

I am certainly not blaming Benteke for anything, but does anyone else feel that bringing him off towards the end (80 mins plus)when we are trying to defend a lead may help? For all the tremedous stuff he does, balls can just bounce off him, and he can loose people at defensive corners. With him on the pitch, the outlet is always just a punt upfield, which often just comes stright back and therefore does not relieve the pressure.

A point more than most expected us to get.

Ok, Reading won, but QPR and Wigan both failed to win what they would have considered winnable games, so all in all it hasn't been a bad day.

It is disappointing not to have won, but some of the hysterical overreaction shows that it is some of the posters here that don't have the bottle for a relegation fight, rather than the players.

With regards to your first line...Is that expected before the game ? or after we went 1-3 up?

because the latter is the main issue of debate.

With regards to your first line...Is that expected before the game ? or after we went 1-3 up?

because the latter is the main issue of debate.

I think the debate is over whether the former or the latter is the main issue of the debate.

RT @Gards38 "Would have took a point before the game well done lads onto the next!". 

Just saw this tweet by our VERY OWN Gary Gardener. 

If this is the mentality of everyone at Aston Villa then we are in serious trouble.  I wouldn't care if we are playing Barcelona WE should always go out to win. 

From this one tweet alone I hope we release this player at the end of the season.  A professional sports man should NEVER say this.

Im shocked!! 

Wow, at first I thought you were overreacting but no, I fully agree with you. That is pathetic and that mentality like that is what should set football players apart from pub teams. Honestly, that is not good at all, and why the hell would you post a thing like that anyway. Disgrace.

I do still have a hope, we proved today that we certainly can stay up if keep on fighting. But we need that 3 pointer so bad, so very bad. Reading and Wigan picking up points is no good, and they have been doing it a lot lately. West ham is no excuse though, if we can`t get 3 points there than there isn`t much to go on anymore. One of the most important matches this season

Point is a good result when not taking the game into account.

But those are the chances we need to be taking if we've any chance of staying up.

We won't find ourselves 3-1 with 20 minutes to go many more times this season, if ever.

Â