• N'Zogbia
    • Westwood
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Sylla (for N'Zogbia 79)
    • Holman (for El Ahmadi 82)
    • Baker (for Agbonlahor 90+2)

In isolation a very good point, even though results went against us in the other games.

Saying that, with 6 minutes of added time it was written in the stars for sure.

All in all, happy, it gives us some hope. Before the game I don't think many of us believed in anything else than an easy 2-0 win for Everton.

A win against West Ham at home next week, and we are over the line again. Tough games for Wigan and Reading for sure.

• Like 1

Although generally a point at Everton is a very good point and most of us never imagined we'd get one, draws aren't good enough any more, particularly as Reading keep winning and Southampton are looking fairly decent. We need to win, it's that simple. Even points against the very top teams aren't enough, we need to win them.

It's criminal that we take so many two goals leads and inevitably capitulate, it feels like we say the same thing every week. You think you've seen everything in football, but you haven't, how a team can be so mentally weak is hard to understand. That said, we did show more than I thought we could and if, big if, we can take that attitude into the West Ham game, four points from these two games would be good a good return. Big ifs though. Realistically, a team with a defence as bad as ours doesn't have much hope.

Edited by nobler

looking at the league table makes me want to cry...a point away at Everton and i should be goin **** crazy

but al it has done is put us further adift

draws are not good enough now against anybody and if we cant win even after scoring 3 goals and being  goals up then whats the **** point

Lambert hasn't bought a defender and has confirmed our relegation

we deserve to go down and we will

just end the season now please so we dont have to suffer any more Saturdays of heartache

gutted

Pathetic, useless etc etc? 

That about sums up our fans.

We have attributes in the team that will give us a very good chance of staying up. Everton are a good team nobheads. I'm as gutted as anyone but we've got fight, played well - things don't have to be all shit. Getting out of relegation is going to be tough but we can do it. More performances like that and we'll be good. 

Like what? 

With this joke of a defence the only way is down 

A very good point at a hard place to get one. Shocking that we are giving away these late goals still.

Really liking the look of the front 4 of Benteke, Weimann, Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia.

Unfortunately it is the back 4 that will see us relegated. If we don't beat West Ham, we're as good as gone IMO.

Lambert needs to start Baker and push Clark over to left back. If we can't defend astutely we might as well have an extra physical presence back there.

El Ahmadi is a lost cause I feel. For the West Ham game I'd bring in Sylla for El Ahmadi and Baker for Bennett.

As for the ref today. Wow. Literally couldn't touch one of their players.

Did everything right today up untill Fellani made it 3-2. We really needed someone to hold up the ball, calm it down, waste some time, but everyone kept on nervously giving it away. The referee did not help us much though.. Gave every 50/50 to Everton.

I think we will stay up. The Newcastle game and todays game has shown us that this team is as good as any. We just need a **** win to get the belif that we can actually win games!! I think we'll play this attacking formation from now on and we will give every team problems.

Top effort from the players. Westwood and Benteke the better players today.

• Like 1

week in week out this utter bollocks, we seem to be pretty decent in attack and from midfield to defence we are utterly hopeless.

why couldn't we have taken the game to Everton like we did the 2nd half vs Newcastle??

I realise Everton are a good team and miles better than us but that doesn't hold any water when you get **** defensively every week no matter what team you play!

**** me, Garth Crooks has just hit the nail on the head! Asking why the hell Lambert didn't buy a defender in the window, and putting the blame straight at the feet of Mr Mumbles. If clearing in the woods can see it, why couldn't the manager?! 

Â